Sisters 2017?

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I like the sound of a Sisters Booze Cruise - I'm definitely in :)
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Booze cruise would solve so many logistical issues... So would a clone, actually. Solar eclipse and the debut gig of the tour are on the same weekend.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

for the first time ever i am deliberately avoiding the subject of a Sisters tour in general and the UK dates in particular, as it's more than highly likely i won't be able to attend any of it. certainly the necessary funds for even one ticket won't be "spare" any time in the foreseeable future. this giro i had to choose between paying last month's internet bill or this month's electricity bill, and i've got an (almost) 12 year-old son 130 miles away who has't seen his dad since xmas.
so apart from the festival and the roundhose (rationalises: definitely couldn't have afforded the fezzie anyway and almost never go to london gigs) i'm trying to pretend that most likely they'll only be playing the mainland. and as yet, not on my birthday (22 sep) 'cuz that would really f**k me off. [/self-pity wallow] :evil:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

That's a shame. Perhaps us kind Heartlander's. Can club together and buy you a ticket? I must admit I won't go outside the Uk anymore to see them. :D
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

elamanamou wrote:That's a shame. Perhaps us kind Heartlander's. Can club together and buy you a ticket? I must admit I won't go outside the Uk anymore to see them. :D
:eek: that's not what i was getting at at all! (though your thoughtfulness is lovely!) please don't anybody take it that way! i was just saying it's a shame really; but to be honest they usually skip the uk altogether (never belgium, never germany), it's just we've gotten used to them playing here as often as they play europe recently. but thank you. :kiss:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Perhaps you could go and see The m*****n? Locally Leicester? lol
Chaotican

If you don't get a PM from me on Facebook, let me know.
(I assume I know who you are there, but I could be jumping to conclusions.)
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:for the first time ever i am deliberately avoiding the subject of a Sisters tour in general and the UK dates in particular, as it's more than highly likely i won't be able to attend any of it. certainly the necessary funds for even one ticket won't be "spare" any time in the foreseeable future. this giro i had to choose between paying last month's internet bill or this month's electricity bill, and i've got an (almost) 12 year-old son 130 miles away who has't seen his dad since xmas.
so apart from the festival and the roundhose (rationalises: definitely couldn't have afforded the fezzie anyway and almost never go to london gigs) i'm trying to pretend that most likely they'll only be playing the mainland. and as yet, not on my birthday (22 sep) 'cuz that would really f**k me off. [/self-pity wallow] :evil:
Life can be tough. Hope you get to see your son very soon. I'm sure we all here wish you the best..
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

iesus
Overbomber

This usually is followed by details in the same day :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Do you think They will do anymore UK dates?
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

elamanamou wrote:Do you think They will do anymore UK dates?
As part of the Roundhouse publicity it specifically states "Their only UK headlining shows this year"
That said if they sold both nights out they could then add dates somewhere else .
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
ROBBIE

Website updated with some dates :von:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Pista
Cureboi

ROBBIE wrote:Website updated with some dates :von:
Cool. So Beautiful Days appearance is on the 18th then.
I'll update the show thread :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Eggi1
Amphetamine Filth

264 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Bratislava
Nova Rock Festival
godgirl

Eggi1 wrote:http://www.cgm.pl/aktualnosci,48875,the ... ,news.html

14.09. Danzig
15.09. Warsaw
Midweek eastern Europe... Hmmm... a big "maybe".

No German dates for me, probably, unless possibly Berlin (4th time lucky?*) as end of September coincides with Nick Cave in Bournemouth and Sacrosanct Festival in Reading...

Too many dates and I can't muster up the energy/strength these days.. but I've never been to these cities! :oops: :(

So if I have the time/money/energy/companions to go with possibly Berlin -> Gdansk and ?Warsaw...

We'll see.

Marge xxx
8)
*Ok so they played in the end, I only tried to book the 2nd one though...
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

few gigs confirmed:
http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.shtml

about Warsaw and Gdańsk, even if something would bang my head, so i would thought: why not? Let's go!, I'm gonna be ~1500 km/~1000miles from Warsaw that time.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

budapest please....early to mid september i would actually be there...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

The entire september tour confirmed on Sisters Live page (a wonder in itself), three Sweden dates added besides the ones already known,

2017 September 8 Gothenburg Sweden Trädgår'n

2017 September 9 Stockholm Sweden Arenan

2017 September 11 Malmö Sweden KB

The first venue is the most acceptable :P
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ireland? C'mon promoters! Dublin and Belfast were really very groovy last time. Though I am going to the London gigs somewhere vaguely near home would be nice! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

So, pretty much a full tour then, the size of which (number of gigswise) hasn't been seen since what 2009, maybe 2011 at a push, and certainly not since Von said they'd only be doing mini-tours from now on. Does this mean he's now comfortable again with the vocal strain a big tour puts on him? And if so, does that mean he's even still the singer? Or an indicator of just how 'stripped back' they're gonna be?

Interesting times. It's a pretty brave move to showcase your 'new direction' in front of a festival crowd, so keep yer eyes out for another night off watching NME in some groovy Leeds boozer or other, you never know.

Circumstances dictating (as ever), it's high time for another Sisters In The Dam odyssey. We'll see.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Are they taking the gypsies? 2 shows in London! c'mon do some more uk dates Pleeese? Elamanamou is getting old and is very reluctant to travel abroad to see them! :von: :von: :von: :evil: :wink:
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:So, pretty much a full tour then, the size of which (number of gigswise) hasn't been seen since what 2009, maybe 2011 at a push, and certainly not since Von said they'd only be doing mini-tours from now on. Does this mean he's now comfortable again with the vocal strain a big tour puts on him? And if so, does that mean he's even still the singer? Or an indicator of just how 'stripped back' they're gonna be?
I've thought about that as well a few times recently...but then, how about the simple and boring and very likely explanation that he just needs the money, managed the Iberia/Latin America tour quite well, which was very rushed so that he thinks 20 dates in Europe should work, even if he just whispers the last gigs? The venues and the tempo don't really indicate any change..

I will applaud him if he has some surprises up his sleeve, but I won't hold my breath. I think the new live direction will be about as much new as that album he intended to put out if Trump got elected :P

Oh well, get drunk and enjoy the moment while it lasts, I guess :)
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Lots of people seem to be coming to that there London. It's been a while since a that there Heartland do... :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

euphoria wrote:how about the simple and boring and very likely explanation that he just needs the money, managed the Iberia/Latin America tour quite well, which was very rushed so that he thinks 20 dates in Europe should work, even if he just whispers the last gigs? The venues and the tempo don't really indicate any change..
Well that is most certainly as likely as any changes, though I'm not sure venues or tour schedule can be read as any indicator of how they'll sound. We shall see :) for sure if there's no change, and he's whispering through the majority of gigs, well I've tired of paying through the nose to 'hear' that so barring any warm-up gig (ie free) I'll leave 'em to it until something does change.