Ghosts/ Premonitions/ dreams?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Quite a few. The most strangest being my friend Lynda died a few years ago. Her husband gave me some of her fine jewellery. When I got home I carefully put the jewellery in my Jewellery box and all of a sudden I could smell her perfume Shalimar. I went into my lounge and my tv switched off by itself. The next day when I looked at my mob phone it said I had a missed call from Lynda. I was spooked, but at the same time comforted than I knew Lynda was near. Bless
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I don't wish to appear tactless but..

You don't think Lynda might have been pissed off because she thought you had nicked her jewellery?
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Nothing is better than Fine Jewellery.

Sorry for your loss.
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Lynda was my best friend who died tragically. I don't have to explain myself. Insensitive remarks, but hey I'm made of harder stuff!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

elamanamou wrote:Lynda was my best friend who died tragically. I don't have to explain myself. Insensitive remarks, but hey I'm made of harder stuff!
Some people just don't know better.

I had some extreme and impressive dreams ... and I'm glad they're gone and won't appear again.
Such things are rare, and at times they're no pleasure at all.
Swinnow
Overbomber

elamanamou I too feel for your loss x
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Microcosmia

Sorry that you lost your best friend, she would have wanted you to have her jewellery to remember her by.

I've never seen a ghost, despite living beside a churchyard and only rarely remember dreams.
zaltys7

Didn't mean to be offensive, sorry about that.
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sorry for your loss elamanamou x

I dreamt about Davey the Nurse last night but that's a story for another time :oops:
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

SmileySister wrote:Sorry for your loss elamanamou x

I dreamt about Davey the Nurse last night but that's a story for another time :oops:
Who was nursing who? :lol:

Thanks smiley sister a tragedy really aswell as her ex hubby getting in the news of the world in 2003 for having funny parties next to a cathedral!!

Online dating is dangerous especially for my friend that she never recovered from her ordeal
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

True story. Get this;

December 1988 and my Mum was returning home after an evening Christmas shopping in Carlisle. She felt a bit queezy so pulled over and got out of the car to get some fresh air. It was a clear night so she looked up at the sky and saw an aircraft high in the night sky, lights twinlking (there is a major air corridor over Cumbria to out over the Atlantic). All of a sudden, the aircraft exploded in a fireball in front of her. A split-second later she jumped back to reality and looked back up at the sky to see what was happening. Nothing. No fireball, no wreckage, no plane, no nothing. She got back in the car and returned home and said nothing, but was pretty freaked out.

Fast-forward to two weeks later and me and my Mum were watching the telly when a news update flashed on the screen. An aircraft believed to be a Boeing 747 had crashed in Lockerbie. No survivors. I distinctly remember turning around to look at my Mum to share my horror and seeing her staring in disbelief, face devoid of colour. She told me her side of the story a year or-so later.
Four strings good, six strings bad
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

When I was at school, a friend's mum had a similar premonition/dream a few weeks before - and that seemed to have been of - the Bradford City fire in '85
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Can't explain. Had a dream about a couple of yrs before it happened. Saw the wreckage of a plane and I remember seeing the tail of AA
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

I haven't had the premonition of the sisters releasing a new album yet. I'll let you know! Lol
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Oh I've more...

When the eldest daughter was in her cot, we'd wake up in the middle of the night and she'd be stood up, chatting away to an empty chair in the corner of the room. We thought nothing of it until a couple of days later I was carrying her through the hall and she pointed at an old black and white photo of my Grandad and smiled and laughed.

He'd been dead six years.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

More...

My Mum and Stepdad were travelling through The Netherlands and for some reason she had an overwhelming urge to visit a small, provincial town, well off the beaten track. When she got near she wanted to visit a bridge there, but as soon as she got close had a panic attack and my Stepdad had to get out of there as fast as he could.

Upon returning to the UK, she underwent some hypnosis and detailed how (in a presumably past life), she was a small Jewish boy massacared by the Nazis in that town by the bridge during the war.

As if that wasn't a headfuck enough, my Grandad (i.e. her father) was fighting his way through Europe not too far away from when it happened.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote:There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
damn straight. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
zaltys7

Except God, of course. :roll:
nightmusic
Road Kill

A couple of spooky occurrences from my children...

The older one, a couple of years ago, said to my wife and I he could hear noises. He was quite young at the time and only just coming out with coherent sentences. We asked him what could he hear and he said "it is witches dancing on the roof"! Spooky as it was before he ever went to nursery & we have no idea where he got that concept from!

The younger one, only just over a year old now, will sit with me and have his bottle of milk. About half a year ago he started staring at something on the ceiling... we thought initially it was a smoke alarm. But I noticed after a few times that it was a good meter away from that. He would look at it and then me (or my wife) repeatedly, as if to say can you see what I see? We weren't that bothered until he began waving at it! That's something he only normally does to people...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

zaltys7 wrote:
Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:
zaltys7 wrote:
Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là
i believe in dogs -i've even had one or two of my own of those- but gods? sketchy ground mr smith.

Swinnow
Overbomber

Perhaps he believes in God but God doesn't believe in him :innocent:

*gets coat and begins running*
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid

Swinnow wrote:Perhaps he believes in God but God doesn't believe in him :innocent:

*gets coat and begins running*
apart from your fabulous cultural reference, if that scenario occurred you'd have good reason to believe you'd done something seriously bad in a previous life. :lol: