(Yet Another) Currently Being Pissed Off By...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 17:45
markfiend wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 15:42 Thanks, yes I'm fine, just a little bruised.
Steady there.
Stairs at our age can be deadly :innocent:
Get some ice on that bruise :)
If you slip and fall can be deadly even in a pavement at a certain point on. There are truelly horrific examples out there :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

That reminds me end of 2019 I went shopping for running shoes and when I came out right in front of the store I somehow took a weird step and totally fell. My jeans ripped on the knee area, skin off, blood running down but manage to not drop the shoes. It was a nimbus 21 I remember. I went back to the store and they were really nice to somewhat patch me up so I could get to my hotel. Flew back the next day, stayed one night at home, flew to the other side of the world and tried to get out of a taxi when the freaking door of the car shut back down on the same knee. Needless to say my doc was not happy with me when I got back. That stuff was not healing after all the action. I’m too old for this really. Long story short I am careful even on the stairs now:)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Hacked on FB. stupidly tried to open a dodgy link and even more stupidly logged in when i already was. f**king furious. it sent same dodgy link to half my friends. deleted as many undelivered as i could but if i missed you dont open it. you cant but if you try and are as dumb as me its got you. so f**king mad with myself
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

My brother & is other half were supposed to be coming to visit next week but sleazyjet have just cancelled their flight because of the staff shortages etc. :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Management: "We're going to invest in a load of training for our IT staff."

This is met with broad approval by the staff.

"Your training courses consist of these Linkedin Learning videos."

Is it just me? How does watching some poxy video about customer service bear any resemblance to IT training?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Ah, they didn't say IT training. 'Training for IT staff'. Semantics. And poop.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Only about 10% of staff have engaged so far. Higher ups are a bit annoyed :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Electrical engineering is a hard and stupid and expensive hobby and I am tired.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Big Si
School Bully

Sh!te Merchants and even Sh!tt!er Delivery Companies (apologies for the long posting below)

Thought i'd treat myself early for my Birthday in July and Ordered a Bullet Belt from 'New Rock Bristol' https://www.newrockbristol.co.uk/collec ... llet-belts on the Night of Friday 8th April. They emailed me back the next morning (see Email exchange below) to confirm my requirements and advised "I’ll let our team know your preference and get them started on your belt early next week.". I'd also checked the blurb on their Website about Delivery Times - https://www.newrockbristol.co.uk/pages/terms-conditions "We will deliver the goods to the address, which you have given us at the time you make your purchase within 21 days subject to availability."

On Saturday, 9 April 2022, 12:54:17 BST, Neil Dimery <dimery21@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Hey Simon!

Thanks for your quick reply.

I’ll let our team know your preference and get them started on your belt early next week.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers!

Neil.
New Rock Bristol.

www.newrockbristol.co.uk

Where Heavy Metal Lives!

On 9 Apr 2022, at 11:49, simon smith wrote:

Many thanks for your email Neil.

I'd like a Random Mix of Tipped/Untipped if possible, just like the Picture - Euronymous bullet belt(Update: Certified in writing by Metalion!!)

Euronymous bullet belt(Update: Certified in writing by Metalion!!)
This is Euronymous's actual bullet belt. I aquired this from Aslak, who worked at Helvete and was a known indivi...

Many Kind Regards,
Simon

On Saturday, 9 April 2022, 10:00:21 BST, 80's Metal New Rock Bristol <sales@newrockbristol.co.uk> wrote:

80's Metal New Rock Bristol
Hey Simon!

Thanks for your order, it’s great to hear from you.

Is there a particular Tipped / Untipped sequence that you had in mind for your belt?

Or are you happy with a random one as shown in the picture?

All the bullets and links unclip, so you can always move them around whenever you want.

Let me know and I'll get the team started on it on Monday.

Cheers!

Neil.
New Rock Bristol.

www.newrockbristol.co.uk

Where Heavy Metal Lives!
If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at sales@newrockbristol.co.uk

After waiting 4 weeks and having heard nothing further from them, I sent them an Email and received a very quick but infuriating reply :x :evil: :x -

Hey Simon!

Thanks for your email, it’s great to hear from you again.

Your belt was despatched on the 12th April and delivered on the 14th April, as per the confirmation we received from our couriers below.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Neil.
New Rock Bristol.

www.newrockbristol.co.uk

Where Heavy Metal Lives!

On 14 Apr 2022, at 20:59, Evri <do-not-reply@evri.com> wrote:

https://www.evri.com/track/#/parcel/C00 ... 1%20%206NU

Fri, 13 May at 15:25

Good Afternoon Neil,

Could I please have an update as to the status of my Order? I've received no further contact about its status since your Email below of the 9th April.

Regards,
Simon Smith

Because he never bothered to Notify me that my Order was ready and had been Despatched, I also never received any Tracking details. The Courier (Evri who used to be called Hermes) were supposed to Deliver the Parcel to my Work Address (which is only Open until 6pm), but have instead Delivered it somewhere Unknown just before 9pm. The Photograph in their Proof of Delivery (see the URL they provided) was taken by the Driver, whilst sat in their Car at a Bus Stop opposite Dumpling Monkey, a Chinese Restaurant about 3 minutes Walk down and across the other side of the Street, presumably that was the Driver about to go and Purchase their Evening Meal....

According to Google, Neil Dimery himself has spent the last 30 years working with Courier Firms in the Bristol Area - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/neil-dimery-433a72b9 I guess he has never bothered to learn basic Customer Service and let your Customer know when despatching their Order, and even provide them with a Tracking No. :evil:

Fingers Crossed Paypal will Review in my Favour, otherwise I'm £88 Out of Pocket but someone In Partick has a very nice looking Bullet Belt around their Waist :?
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

So the name change from Hermes hasn't improved their delivery service? Colour me completely unsurprised.

That's not proof of delivery and they should be refunding your supplier, who in turn should be refunding you.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

After my one and only Hermes experience -surprise surprise a disastrous one- I check and double check anything i buy that doesnt categorically state delivery is Royal Mail to make sure the courier isnt them. Retailers are desperately shady and often just say 'Other Courier' to hide the fact that they use them, rather than just using someone else.
Fuckk knows how they have stayed in business with their colossal level of incompetence and customer dissatisfaction.

Big Si
School Bully

Thanks Guys, the Merchant charged me £16 for Delivery and chose to send it by Evri, so he's clearly tried to make a quick Profit :x He's received notice of my Paypal claim as he Emailed me this Morning -

Neil Dimery <dimery21@blueyonder.co.uk>

Mon, 16 May at 10:15

Hey Simon!

Sorry to hear what has happened with the delivery of your belt.

Not quite sure what our courier thought they were doing!

Would you like us to make and send you a new replacement belt, whilst we take this up with them?

Our team still have all the details of the design you wanted.

Let me know.

Cheers!

Neil
New Rock Bristol

I''m really f***ing annoyed at his failure to show common courtesy 4 weeks ago by NOT informing me that it was despatched and providing me with a Tracking No.. I also want to wait and see what Paypal will decide, as he should have contacted me through them as they're the arbitrator for my grievance.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well I suppose at least he's not doing a "our courier says it was delivered so go fudge yourself".
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

I am not pissed off by couriers at the moment, but just returned from mail office. An aunt of me in Germany send her sister(my mother) a small parcel, so i went to get it as it was under my name from my cousin who send it. It took over 35-40 days to arrive :lol: :lol: :lol:
When i get ther i gave the employee my id , the delivery note and he was about to give me a smaller parcel that was in another name :lol: :lol: :bat: :bat:
I asked him if he was sure that it was the correct one before pass it to me, he checked it again and it was not. I suspect it was a mobile phone or something electronic from the size and type of wrapping. ;D
I have the feeling that all those private companies that took over the mailing sevices around americas and europe do a s**t job at full :lol: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote: 17 May 2022, 11:43 I have the feeling that all those private companies that took over the mailing sevices around americas and europe do a s**t job at full :lol: :bat: :bat:
Fully seconded.
Their low-pay employees are often not even able to read the local alphabet and some have obviously grown up with a concept of "neighbourhood" reaching to xxx kilometres away ... :eek: :eek: ...

Also, in case there's no immediate free parking space nearby on their arrival they just don't deliver but return parcels to the sender with the note "address not found" ... And there's no difference between DHL, Hermes, DPD, GDL or whatever service over here in Germany in this respect...
... :urff: :urff: ...

Online subscription doesn't help either. You receive email notifications about parcels having arrived which are definitely not there, nor any information on their whereabouts ... while up to a week later there might appear be an actual notification postcard in the mailbox at your home or just on the floor of the corridor to walk over by all your neighbours and so on and so on ... lol ...

So for me it has come clear: Never order something you urgently need to be delivered by any such service, better go to the shops and simply buy it there, if ever possible (also saving delivery fees).
Wyrd Sister
Road Kill

3 to 4am building evac due to fire alarm. Stood around in freezing rain (beginning of winter here) with a bunch of maskless people in pjs, now seems to be a false alarm, grrr. :x
Much too young but far too old, to be all cranked up with nowhere to go
sultan2075
Overbomber

iesus wrote: 17 May 2022, 11:43 I am not pissed off by couriers at the moment, but just returned from mail office. An aunt of me in Germany send her sister(my mother) a small parcel, so i went to get it as it was under my name from my cousin who send it. It took over 35-40 days to arrive :lol: :lol: :lol:
We paid our city taxes last month. We had to mail a check across town. We sent it with a "return receipt" attached, and it took a month for it to get back to us. I could walk to this office in 45 minutes...

Honestly, I thought it was just the USPS. I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse that it's all over the place.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Big Si
School Bully

Thanks again for your replies guys. Apologies again in advance, it's a long read - I didn't think it could get worse but it has :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

So this Morning at Work I receive 2 Emails, 1 from after 10pm the Night before and a 2nd after 9am -

On 17 May 2022 at 09:17, Neil Dimery <dimery21@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Hey Simon,

Great News!

Having spoken with our courier EVRI, they have said that your belt was left at the Chinese Take Away/Restaurant (Dumpling Monkey), as there was no answer at the address specified when they called and this seemed the best option at the time.

The photo provided was intended to show this.

If you can call into the 'Dumpling Monkey' with a copy of this email as proof, you can collect it.

The driver says he has done this before and it has always worked well.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers!

Neil.
New Rock Bristol.

www.newrockbristol.co.uk

Where Heavy Metal Lives!

On 16 May 2022, at 10:15, Neil Dimery <dimery21@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Hey Simon!

Sorry to hear what has happened with the delivery of your belt.

Not quite sure what our courier thought they were doing!

Would you like us to make and send you a new replacement belt, whilst we take this up with them?

Our team still have all the details of the design you wanted.

Let me know.

Cheers!

Neil
New Rock Bristol

www.newrockbristol.co.uk

Where Heavy Metal Lives!

So I Printed off his Email and at 12 Noon when the Restaurant opened, I tried to speak with a Woman who Identified herself as the Proprietor but she refused to speak to me or even look at the Email - basically told me to 'P!ss Off'! :eek: :evil:

As I have a Work Colleague (Eva) of the same Nationality, she and I went back at 1pm, the same Woman/Proprietor listened to Eva in their Native Language and passed us on to another Woman. She read the Email and told Eva that No, they don't keep Parcels on behalf of any Delivery Couriers and tell the Drivers whenever they try to.......

Later this Afternoon, Paypal Rejected my Claim because of the Proof of Delivery that the Seller sent them. A Proof that isn't my Address and the occupants deny any liability for!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

On getting home tonight this is the Email I've sent to New Rock Bristol, not that it'll do any f***ing thing at all! :cry:

----- Forwarded message -----
To: Neil Dimery <dimery21@blueyonder.co.uk>; info@newrockbristol.co.uk <info@newrockbristol.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, 17 May 2022, 19:28:43 BST
Subject: Re: 80's Metal - Order Update 17.05.22 - Belt Available For Collection

FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE MANAGER

I'm simply astounded at the level of Incompetence and Ignorance that i've experienced from the Staff at your Company.

I placed an Order on the Evening of Friday 9th April, and was pleasantly surprised to receive a quick response the following Morning (Outside of Regular Monday-Friday Working Hours) requesting more Information on the Item that I Purchased. I responded and received a reply to advise that the 'Warehouse Staff' would begin on Manufacturing/Processing the Item from the Monday Morning. Unfortunately that was the last satisfactory experience I received of your Companies Customer Service.

Your Website advises that Bullet Belts can take up to 21 Days to be processed before Despatch. Due to reasons given by the majority of other similar Companies/Suppliers/Merchandisers for delays in Despatch that I have dealt with over the last 12 Months (Supply Chain Problems, Brexit, etc, etc), I didn't see any reason to be concerned at the Non-Response (more Fool me!) but as 28 Days/4 Weeks by then had passed I should have received some form of update from you as to the Status of my Order..

1. I Received no communication whatsoever to advise me that my Order had already been Despatched, which was 2 Working Days of my placing the Order.

2. No Tracking Details were received, because the Despatch had not been Notified to me (see Point 1. above),.I was therefore unaware that a Parcel Delivery was imminent to which I could have acted accordingly and received the item that I have Paid you for.

I therefore had no option other than to contact Paypal and ask them to Arbitrate for me on this matter. However, in the last 2 Days I have received 2 Emails from your Company outside of that Arbitration Process.

3. An Email was sent (once again Outside of Normal Working Hours, after 10pm at Night and can be read below) on Monday 16th May to myself that I received and read the following Morning, which was in response to the Information that I had relayed to Paypal. The Email offered to send a Replacement Item, there was no offer of Reimbursement. The Email also advised that your Courier was going to be queried on the matter.

4. Along with the Email mentioned in 3. above a further Email (see below) had been sent this Morning after 9am stating that if I want my Order then it's my responsibility to approach a 4th Party (the Proprietor and Staff of Dumpling Monkey at 121 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow) in order to collect and receive it from them. The Email implies that an Informal arrangement is in place between your Courier and the unknown 4th Party, and your give your full permission to your Courier to behave in such a manner.

I first visited the Restaurant at 12 Noon and on my attempt at speaking to a Woman who identified herself as the Proprietor, she refused to acknowledge that I wished to speak to her or even listen to my request for her to read the Paper Copy of the Email below, the Instructions which I was told to follow in order to secure my Long Overdue Parcel. As I have a Work Colleague of the same Nationality as the Woman who identified herself to me as the Proprietor, I returned with her to the Restaurant at 1pm. We met with the same Woman/Proprietor who after speaking to my Colleague in their Native Language, passed us over to speak with another Woman who Read a Paper Copy of the Email and told my Colleague that no such arrangement exists with any Delivery Couriers, and that therefore they do not have my Parcel as your Delivery Courier Claims.

Subsequently I have since received an update from Paypal, that they have closed my Dispute and found in your favour, all based on the Proof of Delivery you have provided directly to them, for an Address that has no obligation to me whatsoever and is not the address I provided to you on the 9th April.

If you have any iota of Customer Service you will provide me with an Apology for the outrageous experience I have been subjected to and Reimburse me the full Amount of my Order - £87.98.

Yours,
Simon Smith

Thieving Bastards!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Big Si
School Bully

Already had a response, that I did not expect! I'll believe it when I see the Refund back in my Account....

He still hasn't apologised for causing the clusterf*** in the 1st place :x

To: simon smith
Sent: Tuesday, 17 May 2022, 20:22:31 BST
Subject: 80's Metal - Order Update 17.05.22 - Refund Agreed

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your email and also taking the time and trouble to check with the restaurant.

Clearly the information provided by the courier concerned is wrong.

The paypal dispute has now been closed, but in view of the above does now seem very unfair.

In view of this, I have left instruction for a refund of £87.98 to be processed back to you in the morning to help resolve this unfortunate situation.

I do hope you approve

Best regards

Neil.
New Rock Bristol.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
iesus
Overbomber

Best wishes for you BigSi to at least get your money back :hl: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
eastmidswhizzkid

@Big Si
which is all very well (assuming you actually get the refund! fingers crossed) but you still dont get the belt! honestly the entire online shopping thing has such a very long way to go before it comes anywhere near the physical shopping culture which it has effectively destroyed. :evil:

Big Si
School Bully

Thanks for the support guys, as it'll be a Paypal Refund i'll receive an Email Notification and then the Funds will arrive Days later.

I'll source another Supplier, a "reputable" one for the Belt Design that i'm after - http://blackmetalmuseum.blogspot.com/20 ... -belt.html but by all appearances I thought I was already dealing with one.

I forgot to mention that on the 2nd Visit to the Restaurant this Afternoon, on our departure I loudly at full volume voiced my recommendation towards the Staff that they review their Customer "lovemaking" Service forthwith and suggested that they were all Onanists :wink: Under the circumstances I would have been far more explicit but as I was accompanied by my young Work Colleague 'Eva', I didn't wish to Alarm her any further especially as she had kindly agreed to aid me in trying to resolve this matter. She actually expressed her agreement with my 'departing comments' saying that she has avoided that same Restaurant as she had a similar experience whilst attempting to Dine there quite some time ago.....
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Big Si
School Bully

Refund received this Morning, can now 'put this matter to an End' :wink: :roll:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Being645
Above the Chemist

Big Si wrote: 18 May 2022, 19:05 Refund received this Morning, can now 'put this matter to an End' :wink: :roll:
Congrats ... :) :notworthy: ...
iesus
Overbomber

Big Si wrote: 18 May 2022, 19:05 Refund received this Morning, can now 'put this matter to an End' :wink: :roll:
That sounds like a happy ending :D :notworthy: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...