My new pet

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Got a baby rat snake today..... :notworthy: :notworthy:
Called him Alabaster Codify (all the Day today fans should get that!!!!!) :lol: :lol:
Only a paand.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Aww! Pictures?
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Not as yet....will try tomorrow!!!!
Only a paand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

My friend has got a pet boa constrictor and my cousin has got two of 'em. They freak me out, especially at feeding time.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

A baby rat snake is nice... but how big is a mature one?
Just a question, dunno meself, but always consider small ones grow up. A baby python is cute, a full-grown one is a full-size firehose... :-)
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Major de Coverly
Road Kill

I once had a snake. Called Sid. Not imaginitive, I know. But I was young, and there was a snake in Buster comic (which I used to read avidly) called Sid. Sorry, not Sid as in Nancy.

Sid died. He couldn't shed his skin properly. So some form of slow suffocation I would imagine. Spent a year doing very little in a small aquarium, then did even less => he was dead. I didn't notice: I had lost interest in Sid 363 days ago when I got a new toy.

There is a moral here, SG. And I think you've spotted it. Don't call your snake Sid.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:My friend has got a pet boa constrictor and my cousin has got two of 'em. They freak me out, especially at feeding time.
I know, gonna have to get used to that, had to freeze about 10 teeny tiny baby mice this eve.....<voms>
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:A baby rat snake is nice... but how big is a mature one?
Just a question, dunno meself, but always consider small ones grow up. A baby python is cute, a full-grown one is a full-size firehose... :-)
Did see the father of the babies, he was about 7 foot!!! he was about 6/7 years old......don't think they'd get much bigger!
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Major de Coverly wrote:I once had a snake. Called Sid. Not imaginitive, I know. But I was young, and there was a snake in Buster comic (which I used to read avidly) called Sid. Sorry, not Sid as in Nancy.

Sid died. He couldn't shed his skin properly. So some form of slow suffocation I would imagine. Spent a year doing very little in a small aquarium, then did even less => he was dead. I didn't notice: I had lost interest in Sid 363 days ago when I got a new toy.

There is a moral here, SG. And I think you've spotted it. Don't call your snake Sid.
Thankyou kindly Major!!
Only a paand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Sorry, but I'm a huge fan of St. Patrick.
I hate those things. :urff: :urff: Scare the effing hell outta me!!!

Maybe next time you'll favor a cat?????

Well, good luck with IT.

:von:
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

He shouldnt get to more than about 5 foot long, I wouldnt have thought. They're fully grown at about 4-5 years.

My albino Texas rat snake Casper just died :cry: , but he was around 8 years old which is a good age for them apparently.

If you have any problems SG my best friend is a snake breeder and knows just about everything so give me a shout and I'll ask him.
Hell is other people
hallucienate
Overbomber

Sexygoth wrote:
hallucienate wrote:My friend has got a pet boa constrictor and my cousin has got two of 'em. They freak me out, especially at feeding time.
I know, gonna have to get used to that, had to freeze about 10 teeny tiny baby mice this eve.....<voms>
My friend goes into pet shops and asks for a few mice, when the he's asked what colour he'd like he says "Any colour, I don't think the snake will mind" :urff:

Here is a pic of one of my cousin's boa's it was still a baby then:
http://www.lak.co.za/galleries/photo.ph ... 2003-03-03
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Don't snakes smell, too, while we're on the subject of their general ickiness?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

MrChris wrote:Don't snakes smell, too, while we're on the subject of their general ickiness?
NO! where did you get that idea? The only thing that will smell is their vivarium if you dont clean it out for ages. Having had snakes of all shapes and sizes crawl all over me , I can honestly say that I've never met one that smelled.

(However getting garter snake poo on you isnt much fun - that does stink!)
Hell is other people
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Hmm. I got the idea from The Little Friend, by Donna Tartt. She's certainly convinced that snakes stink. Me, I'm not going to find out.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

MrChris wrote:Hmm. I got the idea from The Little Friend, by Donna Tartt. She's certainly convinced that snakes stink. Me, I'm not going to find out.
Much like her writing then really ....................
Hell is other people
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Image...This isn't mine...but will look like this!!! Don't really wanna take any pictures of him just yet, plus I can't handle him for a week anyway until he gets settled.
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:Sorry, but I'm a huge fan of St. Patrick.

Well, good luck with IT.

Already have a cat.......She's about 7 years old now!!!!
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Black Dahlia wrote:He shouldnt get to more than about 5 foot long, I wouldnt have thought. They're fully grown at about 4-5 years.

My albino Texas rat snake Casper just died :cry: , but he was around 8 years old which is a good age for them apparently.

If you have any problems SG my best friend is a snake breeder and knows just about everything so give me a shout and I'll ask him.
Cheers..You're a star :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Alabaster-Codify is an Everglades rat if that makes any difference :innocent:
Only a paand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Oh s**t!!!! why did you have to put a pic of a snake here!!! I just f**king screamed out loud!!! Thank god my office door was shut....

...I am utterly terrified by these thing!!!!!!!!!
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

But he's sssoooooooooo cute!!!!
Only a paand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Black Dahlia wrote:
MrChris wrote:Don't snakes smell, too, while we're on the subject of their general ickiness?
NO! where did you get that idea? The only thing that will smell is their vivarium if you dont clean it out for ages. Having had snakes of all shapes and sizes crawl all over me , I can honestly say that I've never met one that smelled.
Years ago I heard the same fallacy ("snakes stink") from my daughter and once, when we were again in Zoo, I understood why she had thought that - there was really nasty stink in the snakes' house due to a pool of a little hippopotamus in the same room.
Black Dahlia wrote:
(However getting garter snake poo on you isnt much fun - that does stink!)
Is it poisonous? ;D
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sexygoth wrote:

Well, good luck with IT.

Wait... Aren't you forgetting something, SG?
Cat: mammal. Snake: reptile. Reptile eats mammals. I wouldn't risk it, honestly. :urff:

Although your snake must be cuteness in itself (himself, herself, do you know?...) but we mammals have to stick together. :P
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

dead inside wrote:
Sexygoth wrote:

Well, good luck with IT.

Wait... Aren't you forgetting something, SG?
Cat: mammal. Snake: reptile. Reptile eats mammals. I wouldn't risk it, honestly. :urff:

Although your snake must be cuteness in itself (himself, herself, do you know?...) but we mammals have to stick together. :P
My thoughts exactly! And you know, I have to shut my eyes as I quickly scroll past that pic...that scares the effing s**t outta me each time I look at this thread! :urff:

Take care of kitty! Please, SG!!!!
:wink: :D
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Sexygoth wrote:
Black Dahlia wrote:He shouldnt get to more than about 5 foot long, I wouldnt have thought. They're fully grown at about 4-5 years.

Cheers..You're a star :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Alabaster-Codify is an Everglades rat if that makes any difference :innocent:

Have asked my friend apparently they can be a little snappy as babies but soon tame down with frequent handling. If you PM me your email address I'll send you one of the care sheets my friend's written.
Hell is other people