September 8th: Trädgår'n Gothenburg, Sweden

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
Pista
Cureboi

Venue website

Setlist: Thanks to conraculix, jenzi benzi & scardwell :notworthy:
More
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep/ Detonation Boulevard
Crash & Burn
Walk Away
No Time To Cry
Body And Soul
Marian
Arms
Dominion/ Mother Russia
Summer
Alice
First & Last & Always
Rumble
Flood II

Encore:
Something Fast
That’s When I Reach For My Revolver
Temple Of Love
Lucretia, My Reflection
Vision Thing
This Corrosion
Last edited by Pista on 09 Sep 2017, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

po
Amphetamine Filth

No norwegian gig this time (no surprise, really), so I think I'll try to make it to this one in addition to the London dates. All other gigs in easy to reach cities seem to be on weekdays...

How is the venue? Do you expect it to sell out quick?
09: Oslo / 11: Helsinki, Oslo / 12: Köln / 14: Amsterdam / 15: London / 17: London x2 / 19: London x2, Oslo / 22: Stockholm, Oslo / 23: Berlin, Leipzig
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Trädgår'n is a really nice venue, they did a splendid gig there in 2006.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:Trädgår'n is a really nice venue, they did a splendid gig there in 2006.
Agree, this is the one to catch of the Swedish gigs, unfortunately mostly because of the other two venues lacking...

Capacity I think was 1800-something last time?

A good thing for people coming from far away: The airport bus is all you need in Gothenburg, as it, unlike in Malmö or Stockholm, takes you within walking distance of the venue, the city center is very compact and also there is about an hour free city transport included with the airport bus ticket nowadays.
Zacharias

Would feel weird not to go this time. Got a ticket.
Burning 'cross the breeze.
Zacharias

Does anyone know who to contact beforehand regarding filming the gig? Trägårn' are usually very picky about this so a confirmation from tSoM would be great if possible to get. Since the band doesn't ever seem to mind.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Zacharias wrote:Does anyone know who to contact beforehand regarding filming the gig? Trägårn' are usually very picky about this so a confirmation from tSoM would be great if possible to get. Since the band doesn't ever seem to mind.
Even if they (he) care(s) much less about live recordings nowadays, I just cannot imagine that you or anyone else would get a confirmation that it is ok to film the gig. Chris is the easiest one to get in contact of those who have any decision power, but I would expect a rather cold answer even from him as well when it comes to filming. He'd probably tell you to enjoy the gig instead of filming it, if I know him right.
Pista
Cureboi

euphoria wrote:
Zacharias wrote:Does anyone know who to contact beforehand regarding filming the gig? Trägårn' are usually very picky about this so a confirmation from tSoM would be great if possible to get. Since the band doesn't ever seem to mind.
Even if they (he) care(s) much less about live recordings nowadays, I just cannot imagine that you or anyone else would get a confirmation that it is ok to film the gig. Chris is the easiest one to get in contact of those who have any decision power, but I would expect a rather cold answer even from him as well when it comes to filming. He'd probably tell you to enjoy the gig instead of filming it, if I know him right.
I have the same thoughts. The band does mind. From memory they actually have a couple of heavies at the side of the stage actively searching for tapers & filmers (& I don't mean the phone jockeys). If you're going to film or tape, then stealth is a must.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Chaotican

I seem to remember reading somewhere about the boat nearby. I reserved a room there, but now I can't find the thread. I also can't recall whether it went something like, "I stayed on a boat and it was fabulous" or "Whatever you do, don't book a room on that damn boat again."

Anyone?
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

I'm on the boat too, because boat. Everything else looked a bit sensible and I like being near water.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

euphoria wrote: The airport bus is all you need in Gothenburg, as it, unlike in Malmö or Stockholm, takes you within walking distance of the venue,
Sorry, have to correct myself here: since last time the Sisters played KB/Malmö in 2006, a new railway station "Triangeln",

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangeln_railway_station

has opened quite close to KB, with very frequent direct trains to Copenhagen airport.
Chaotican

d0gbones wrote:I'm on the boat too, because boat. Everything else looked a bit sensible and I like being near water.
Also, it is close to the venue. What I learned after touring last year (aside from "this is a tough life, but worth it") is that it is better to stay near the venue than near transportation. That way, it is easy to get to your bed no matter where you wander after the gig. You'll have time to find a train in the morning. :)
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

I always go for close to the venue because it means you can get a nap in before the gig. Very important.
Zacharias

Thank you Pista and Euphoria! Guess I wont film this gig. I usually record every gig I go to in the Gothenburg area but I guess this one won't be "saved".

(For anyone interested: http://neverunderstandgbg.blogspot.com )
SmileySister

Very tempting. I've got family in Sweden :P
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Ticket sales status for this one has now changed from "high demand" to "few tickets left" :!:

http://kulturbolaget.se/konserter/
po
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed a ticket for this one, hope I can make it.
09: Oslo / 11: Helsinki, Oslo / 12: Köln / 14: Amsterdam / 15: London / 17: London x2 / 19: London x2, Oslo / 22: Stockholm, Oslo / 23: Berlin, Leipzig
Depprocksfarfar

Sold out!

Ticket site still says "A few left" but tickets can't be bought anymore.

Very high demand i Sweden, they really should be thinking about extra dates! Obviously not possible to squeeze in between dates at the moment, but maybe its possible to extend the tour? :innocent:
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

And nip over to California while they are at it
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
Grison
Road Kill

Depprocksfarfar wrote:Sold out!

Ticket site still says "A few left" but tickets can't be bought anymore.

Very high demand i Sweden, they really should be thinking about extra dates! Obviously not possible to squeeze in between dates at the moment, but maybe its possible to extend the tour? :innocent:
Or maybe a larger venue...
I'll see you sometime later
When I'm through with my accumulator.
Drsisters

2006 they sold out in Gothenburg --->no bigger venue
2011 they sold out in Gothenburg---->no bigger venue

why should they care now ?
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

But are there any alternatives in Göteborg/Malmö even if they wanted to, except ice hockey arenas?

If it's any comfort, I believe the promoter is planning to open up the full size arena in Stockholm this time, capacity 3500. Last time they only had it mid-sized (2200).

The promoter had not anticipated such high demand - the Sisters sell just as fast now in Sweden as they did 2006, which really is astonishing.
Grison
Road Kill

Drsisters wrote:2006 they sold out in Gothenburg --->no bigger venue
2011 they sold out in Gothenburg---->no bigger venue

why should they care now ?
Just a thought...
Grison
Road Kill

euphoria wrote:But are there any alternatives in Göteborg/Malmö even if they wanted to, except ice hockey arenas?

If it's any comfort, I believe the promoter is planning to open up the full size arena in Stockholm this time, capacity 3500. Last time they only had it mid-sized (2200).

The promoter had not anticipated such high demand - the Sisters sell just as fast now in Sweden as they did 2006, which really is astonishing.
Lisebergshallen could be an alternative (if available).