Sisters - healing remedy?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

It's official – i'm totally and utterly addicted to the Sisters!
They've infiltrated my very soul and there's no going back now.
My brain is in overload due to cramming 36 years of Sisters history into the last couple of months – send help (and biscuits) :lol:

Seriously though – this discovery has come at a great time for me, things have not been going well at the moment and i've found their music a massive positive help and inspiration to me.
Anyone else found the Sisters has helped them through some s**t times or am i just being soft?! :roll:
Swinnow
Overbomber

They made me smile like loon today 'cos I found my two packs of Sisters Postcards from the Leeds Poly XXX gig, thought they'd been binned by mistake during a spell in Wells a few years back.

Also found my original Polygram Wake VHS and my signed Mish South America VHS in the same box. Happy days.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

couple the life-expanding powers of The Sisters with the Heartland effect and we'll soon have you feeling like a billion dollars. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Sisters have helped a lot of us through a lot of s**t. Not soft at all.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

Once gave Huss a lift up Royal Park Rd and Moorland Rd so I figured they owed me lol
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:The Sisters have helped a lot of us through a lot of s**t. Not soft at all.
That's a relief - thought i was gonna have to get me coat! :D
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Charlie wrote:It's official – i'm totally and utterly addicted to the Sisters!
They've infiltrated my very soul and there's no going back now.
My brain is in overload due to cramming 36 years of Sisters history into the last couple of months – send help (and biscuits) :lol:

Seriously though – this discovery has come at a great time for me, things have not been going well at the moment and i've found their music a massive positive help and inspiration to me.
Anyone else found the Sisters has helped them through some s**t times or am i just being soft?! :roll:
I could write volumes on this one as I think it is a fascinating topic. (But I'll be as brief as I get. You're welcome.)

At 13, I would wear my headphones everywhere and that was how I tolerated what I saw as an offensively flawed world. Frequently, the music redefines my self-image and therefore my abilities. Dumb s**t like putting on a CD if I'm driving up a steep hill (a fear of mine) or if I need to face my ex's fiancé socially. It doesn't inspire me to be a saint or to believe in goodness; it just makes me immune to how f**ked up things may be. Amused, even.

Three times, I've sought out the music to confirm that I am actually, truly unreachable/not coming back from a particular defeat. Like a last poke at a corpse before bagging it and adjusting to a life without a certain inner spark. And three times, an average of 10 years apart, the music has essentially re-animated me.

I'm not sure how music gets to be a catalyst for inner strength like that. I thought it had at least a bit to do with such a long history of listening, but you're blowing that theory for me. ;)

In any case, I'm glad you found it now. And kudos for being the kind of person who is reached by this.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Chaotican wrote:
I'm not sure how music gets to be a catalyst for inner strength like that. I thought it had at least a bit to do with such a long history of listening, but you're blowing that theory for me. ;)

In any case, I'm glad you found it now. And kudos for being the kind of person who is reached by this.
Thankyou! I've no idea why the Sisters music has touched me so much either!
There's a lot of music I 'like' and there's been a few bands i've got into but nothing that has affected me so quickly or so deeply. It's been a surprise to me but a very happy one! :lol:

Maybe it's just a chemistry thing, the right combo of music, lyrics, emotions and Andrew's vocal style, which just triggers something for me?

I know the music won't solve my problems but it has definitely helped me with the way I look at things, deal with things – it does give me a strength which i'll always be thankful for.
And sometimes it just makes me smile a lot too, there's a lot of humour there! :von:

I may be late in discovering them but the music is timeless and i'll always have them from now on.

And if there are no more new releases then so be it ....but I would like more....i need all the songs I can get and I need all the songs that I can't get to.
:innocent:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Ffs they should leave a copy of FALAA in the drawer in every hotel room
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Wiki Wizard

paint it black wrote:Ffs they should leave a copy of FALAA in the drawer in every hotel room
... :lol: ... and Floodland in the shower ...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
paint it black wrote:Ffs they should leave a copy of FALAA in the drawer in every hotel room
... :lol: ... and Floodland in the shower ...
:lol: :lol: :wink:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Suggestions as to where in the hotel room to put a copy of Vision Thing on a postcard to the usual address or by text to 0898......
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Swinnow wrote:Suggestions as to where in the hotel room to put a copy of Vision Thing on a postcard to the usual address or by text to 0898......
Next to the two way mirror?
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

SmileySister wrote:
Swinnow wrote:Suggestions as to where in the hotel room to put a copy of Vision Thing on a postcard to the usual address or by text to 0898......
Next to the two way mirror?
Considering the goings on in the room next door, a good plan
UnnaturalDisaster
Road Kill

Sometimes, driving/walking/cycling around with The Sisters as the soundtrack has felt like the only thing between me and suicide. So yeah, if you're soft, I'm practically liquid.
"This is Jenny. She's the family sadist."
UnnaturalDisaster
Road Kill

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Considering the goings on in the room next door, a good plan
:lol:
"This is Jenny. She's the family sadist."