September 5th: Ancienne Brussels, Belgium DAY 2!

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
Pista
Cureboi

ruffers wrote: It is a country and western song.
:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:*This one, this one is new.*

Exact quote there......

This Corrosion.

He's a little tease isn't he?
Taking bets on them playing a new song at the next show!
He teased Summer (which is now 20 years old :eek: ) a gig early without playing it...

(also, all bets are null and void)
Pista
Cureboi

Once again ruffers, you are a fecking star!
Thanks so much for ceefaxing this one in again :notworthy: :notworthy: x 25000
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Yes thankyou so much ruffers - awesome job!

Roving reporter live from the scene!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Tonight was the night!

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
in dub we trust
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Though I've already done it in person, I will now, in writing, admit that the German fans were correct. (I should know they always are correct with criticisms since I had a German mother-in-law for nine years...) With a fantastic performance and the energy of the AB, it really was a whole new level tonight.

Off the bat, though, I heard the quote prior to This Corrosion differently. I thought it was "This one is for you", meaning we were to sing it. And my god, did the crowd sing it. After the band left the stage, the audience was still singing. And singing.

I had a work meeting prior to the gig so I got there after the doors had opened. I usually head for the front row for a multitude of reasons, including that I find wandering around a venue without a designated square foot or two to guard to be somewhat awkward. After milling about trying to look purposeful for a bit, I just headed to the floor. Therapy? did a fine job. Hope others will post pictures and video of Ben's number with them. It was clearly a happy moment for all and really enjoyable to watch.

The crowd was receptive and the pit got going. I was tempted to join, but Bert pointed out that I was wearing strappy sandals and you can't go into the pit with them. Well it turns that, if an asshat provokes you, you CAN go into the pit with strappy sandals. It is simply a very bad idea.

Once there, I stayed so I don't have a heck of a lot of observations to contribute, as I was mostly just lost in the energy of the crowd. What a great night to do that, shoe choices aside.

"AB is special", I kept hearing in the last few days. And it really is. The crowd was already jumping at More. By Detonation Blvd, the place was on fire. Crash and Burn was a highlight as was Logic. Even when they were violent, it was a happy violence. I think that's what struck me as special about AB; no real posturing, just a pure desire to have a good time.

Marian and Alice were back and always good to hear. Dominion + Summer was a particularly high-energy portion. The main show seemed to be over very quickly, which is a good indication that I got out of my own head for awhile. Can't ask for more than that!

I especially loved Kiss the Carpet this time through and Revolver is fast becoming a new favorite. Vision Thing...one should always have the option of being in the midst of a friendly pummeling while listening to Vision Thing.

The visuals were an enhancing backdrop, even without focusing on them for most of the time.

Both nights were simply FUN, but yes, this one was superior. So glad I got to experience it.

(Oh, and it turns out the toe damage was a little worse than I thought when laughing about it at the pub... Still worth it.)
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:Tonight was the night!

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!

it was absolutely by far the best one i've seen the last 11 years. Even Von's voice seemed clear to me. So happy that I decided to position myself 3rd-4th row right in the middle.

Absolutely stunning.

Had the feeling that they were bit overwhelmed themselves with the energy last night.

Top night out :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

Two of my clips.

Marian
https://youtu.be/IvSKYqKr-qo

Kiss The Carpet
https://youtu.be/xTzrV8unTIE
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Chaotican wrote:Though I've already done it in person, I will now, in writing, admit that the German fans were correct. (I should know they always are correct with criticisms since I had a German mother-in-law for nine years...) With a fantastic performance and the energy of the AB, it really was a whole new level tonight.
Thanks for all your reviews of the gigs so far -- you make it sound fun. I've seen The Sisters more than a few times (1985-2000s) in San Fran, my home town, and a few times elsewhere. I agree that the venue and crowd do make a huge difference.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
radiojamaica
Overbomber

MrBlonde wrote:Two of my clips.

Marian

Kiss The Carpet
Thanx for sharing these :notworthy:
Kiss The Carpet was stunning!

I hope a recording of this night will surface. I'd love to hear it again and also for a good friend that came along for her 1st Sisters show and was really into it and said she'll be back for sure :D

There really was a special energy in the place yesterday :notworthy: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

bismarck wrote:
Chaotican wrote:Though I've already done it in person, I will now, in writing, admit that the German fans were correct. (I should know they always are correct with criticisms since I had a German mother-in-law for nine years...) With a fantastic performance and the energy of the AB, it really was a whole new level tonight.
Thanks for all your reviews of the gigs so far -- you make it sound fun. I've seen The Sisters more than a few times (1985-2000s) in San Fran, my home town, and a few times elsewhere. I agree that the venue and crowd do make a huge difference.
You're very welcome, Bismarck! Thank you for indulging me as my ramblings quickly devolve into a travel blog.

We've been to many of the same shows. As much as I love SF, I think that the crowd is often better in LA. Just don't dig too deeply.
bismarck

Marian

Kiss The Carpet
Yes, thanks! Great stuff.
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Being645
Above the Chemist

radiojamaica wrote:

Marian

Kiss The Carpet
Thanx for sharing these :notworthy:
Kiss The Carpet was stunning!

I hope a recording of this night will surface. I'd love to hear it again and also for a good friend that came along for her 1st Sisters show and was really into it and said she'll be back for sure :D

There really was a special energy in the place yesterday :notworthy: :notworthy:
Fully seconded ... these two tracks also made me move, although I was clearly more on the watching end, still somewhat exhausted after the first night ... ;D :lol: ;D ...
And the band did also play totally hand in hand (love to see that) and were fully decided to rock ... right from the beginning ... ;D ;D ;D ... slightly more challenging in my impression, :twisted::twisted: but that's how I like it better at times ... :lol: ... Temple Of Love, too, was played in the old way, rather... I didn't notice yesterday and ... didn't even know how much I had missed that ... :lol: :eek: ;D ... also love the loud and clear keys (or am I dreaming?) ... Anyway, to me, all this revisiting of the orignal in essence is absolutely welcome and enjoyable ... ;D ;D ;D ... and moving at levels beyond dancing ... something, a creature like me needs for satisfaction (unfortunately, yeah. Again unfortunately :evil::twisted::eek::lol: ) ... and if exciting impulses induce physical activity while I'm too tired to move, basically ... what else would I dream of ... :lol: ... *err, sorry to all those whose feet I might have treaded ... :oops: ...
This Corrosion was clearly the top of the evening ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ... a mere pleasure to watch, almost everybody full light and rock ... hah, wonderful ... :lol: ;D ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... my kudos to this audience, although yesterday, they were different, but no faint whit less pleasurable, exciting and having a most rocking night ...
These two gigs are cleary among the very best I've ever seen ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... I'm so glad I could make it at least to Brussels this year ... *sigh ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: Fully seconded ... these two tracks also made me move, although I was clearly more on the watching end, still somewhat exhausted after the first night ... ;D :lol: ;D ...
And the band did also play totally hand in hand (love to see that) and were fully decided to rock ... right from the beginning ... ;D ;D ;D ... slightly more challenging in my impression, :twisted::twisted: but that's how I like it better at times ... :lol: ... Temple Of Love, too, was played in the old way, rather... I didn't notice yesterday and ... didn't even know how much I had missed that ... :lol: :eek: ;D ... also love the loud and clear keys (or am I dreaming?) ... Anyway, to me, all this revisiting of the orignal in essence is absolutely welcome and enjoyable ... ;D ;D ;D ... and moving at levels beyond dancing ... something, a creature like me needs for satisfaction (unfortunately, yeah. Again unfortunately :evil::twisted::eek::lol: ) ... and if exciting impulses induce physical activity while I'm too tired to move, basically ... what else would I dream of ... :lol: ... *err, sorry to all those whose feet I might have treaded ... :oops: ...
This Corrosion was clearly the top of the evening ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ... a mere pleasure to watch, almost everybody full light and rock ... hah, wonderful ... :lol: ;D ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... my kudos to this audience, although yesterday, they were different, but no faint whit less pleasurable, exciting and having a most rocking night ...
These two gigs are cleary among the very best I've ever seen ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... I'm so glad I could make it at least to Brussels this year ... *sigh ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Can i just say how much i love your posts - always filled with sooooo many emotes, they always make me smile :D
So glad you enjoyed yourself! Top marks for enthusiasm! :kiss: :notworthy: :lol: 8)
bismarck

Just watched a handful of Mr. Blonde's excellent videos. Great stuff. I like the lights and the reduced smoke. The band seems on point and having fun. It would be great if Eldritch could also remember his lyrics, and when to sing them. But overall it seems like it was great experience... wish I had been there.

If the band doesn't deign to play New York again, I shall have to travel overseas next year I suppose.
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
Fully seconded ... these two tracks also made me move, although I was clearly more on the watching end, still somewhat exhausted after the first night ... ;D :lol: ;D ...

It seems we experienced both BXL nights inna somewhat reversed kinda way then. Night 1 I was late and not terribly in the mood as I had just been talking to my father who's having some health issues that could turn out to be very darn serious. We just don't know just yet... So I arrived late, missed Therapy and social calls and entered the hall as the intro began. Started in the shadows at the back and had no intention nor need to get moshing. I just wanted to see the smoke&mirrors-thing that is the new lightshow. By the time they did that incredible string of oldies Body electric/No Time To Cry/Body & Soul/Walk Away/Logic I was feeling a lot better and a good friend bumped into me on his way to get some drinks. I joined him and we ended up next to the mixing board. Perfect sight (those lights during Dominion! OMG! Trippin' the last fantastic alright :D ) & sound and very enjoyable all the way. It lifted me up and soon I was singing along and having a drink & a laugh with my friends. Eldritch was not in a bad mood, certainly not, but he did stick at the side of the stage very much and wasn't that audible either at times. But we've had far worse and at times I had to laugh as there was a drunk karaoke kind of vibe (Revolver & Wichita Lineman) taking over... In the end I had a great time watching the lights at the back and ended up talking to many of the Sisters family after the show. Yes, glad I was there and looking forward to the following night!

Tuesday I had to work, people asking me how it was and all a bit amazed I was going again that night :P This time a good friend would join me for her 1st Sisters show. Being a fan of the old stuff especially (Some Girls Wander by Mistake) it could go both ways for her... We entered the hall just when Ben joined Therapy on stage, great :D I never was a fan of their music (none of their records in my collection), but have always admired Andy & co for their energy and good spirit. So very nice to see them go for it and warming up the sold out venue in no time. Then some beers and we found a spot right in front of Ben on row 3 or 4. Perfect. No intro, straigth away into More! Yeah! Fist in the air, beer spilled, I want more! :lol: Eldritch center stage most of the time, voice clear & ready for it. Ben doing his Ben-stuff and I love him for that. Solo? Step into the light and strike a pose! Ravey Davey rocking the doctor in the back, cool to see he really is part of the band on stage now. Hawaii shirt on and making sure the good doctor kept going at it inna Ramones-style tempo. Marian! By now we both were dancing, singing, smiling and having a damn good time :notworthy: During Dominion, a young guy tapped me on the back and asked the name of the song. It was new to him and he was loving it! So that's 2 'newbies' digging this stuff big time, made me happy I can tell you. Mother Russia Mother Russia Mother Russia Rain Down Down Down!!! (I heard later from my friend she was still singing that when she came home later that night) Alice! Bam, they didn't play that the day before and the crowd just took it over... Bam!
Kiss The Carpet was immense! And Vision Thing and Lucretia... I just love this sh*t. Top nite out and then some, even if I had to leave early to catch my last train... I arrived home a bit after midnight and couldn't sleep for hours just because the adrenaline levels were still up so high. Tough day at work the next day ;D :innocent: But this is what it’s all about! I felt blessed to still be able to go see the band that means so much in my life, to be able to dance & move’n’groove along to, to sing my lungs out to the best songs around, to be with friends & yeah, family, to feel real happiness while doing all of this. I see many, many bands year in year out and The Sisters are unique, can’t compare them to anyone…

I've seen 3 reviews appear in mainstream press about the 1st night. 2 bad reviews as ever (I believe they just use the same template for at least the last 15 years, it's pathetic) and another giving 4 stars out of 5. The dude was also critical, but could relate to the whole thing and see it for what it was without nagging about the mist (there was actually less smoke as before, you could see the band all the time!) or the sound (they play this way for almost 20 years now, so get with the program or just back away you know). Then that same routine unfolds itself. People that know me come to me and ask how it was and have already a certain sadness in their tone as they have seen these bad reviews and think I must be very down. Me telling them it was great always makes for a nice surprise though :lol:

How long can they keep going? I hope forever.
Ever & Always :kiss:
in dub we trust
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

what the man said euh wrote ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
radiojamaica
Overbomber

stefan moermans wrote:what the man said euh wrote ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I wrote it especially for you, Stefke ;D ;D :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
in dub we trust
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
stefan moermans wrote:what the man said euh wrote ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I wrote it especially for you, Stefke ;D ;D :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: :eek: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
centurionofprix

ben uploaded a nice recording of his performance with therapy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Um5KLFnG0

i wonder if similar footage exists of the sisters' part
My Dominion

Now online The Sisters of Mercy on stage at AB in Brussels Belgium on 05 September 2017. It was an amazing evening. Including lot of impressions and 1 video's First and Last and Always (01-05). Please like it over here and do not forget to sign my guest book on my site, If you want to have a photo please send a PM to me, so I can send it to you with my watermark.

http://brussels2017.mydominionnl.com/

And a clip of First and Last and Always

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXG6psqzjvo
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
edu
Road Kill

I don't recall to have seen any recording......anyone?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

edu wrote:I don't recall to have seen any recording......anyone?
I haven't seen/heard one either... hope some day a recording of this great night will pop up!
in dub we trust