Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ruffers
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 11:13 Getting a new job.

I work at a care home in Headingley which it transpires was built using the effing dodgy as eff bubble-concrete that was in the news a bit last year in the UK, as a load of schools had been built using it and they were starting to collapse, or be at risk of collapsing. Rather like the flammable cladding they covered Grenfall Towers and doubtless hundreds of other high-rise buildings in, you simply couldn't make it up. Except someone did, and then some government official somewhere green-lighted the use of it. Anyway, the care home is run as a charity by a bunch of nuns and they have no option but to close. Very gutting and unsettling for the poor old souls I look after, who call the building home, and now have to move across the country somewhere or find another home in Leeds at considerably greater expense to themselves. For many it's an absurdly traumatic time, against which my displacement is little more than mild inconvenience.

That said, I am very pleased, and relieved, to have sorted a new job at another home nearby. Few things finer than being able to walk to work.
Walking to work is game changing so very pleased you've not only got a new job but get to walk as well - but the first part of that post is a sorry but tragically increasingly common tale.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 11:13 Getting a new job.

I work at a care home in Headingley which it transpires was built using the effing dodgy as eff bubble-concrete that was in the news a bit last year in the UK, as a load of schools had been built using it and they were starting to collapse, or be at risk of collapsing. Rather like the flammable cladding they covered Grenfall Towers and doubtless hundreds of other high-rise buildings in, you simply couldn't make it up. Except someone did, and then some government official somewhere green-lighted the use of it. Anyway, the care home is run as a charity by a bunch of nuns and they have no option but to close. Very gutting and unsettling for the poor old souls I look after, who call the building home, and now have to move across the country somewhere or find another home in Leeds at considerably greater expense to themselves. For many it's an absurdly traumatic time, against which my displacement is little more than mild inconvenience.

That said, I am very pleased, and relieved, to have sorted a new job at another home nearby. Few things finer than being able to walk to work.
What a horrible situation for the residents :(
In addition to losing the place they call home, I'm sure they'll miss you Dave
But I'm very happy you secured a new job quickly :D
I'm also lucky enough to be able to walk to work....my commute involves making my way from the kitchen to the spare room!
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

overworked and underpaid....

short story of my life. fuckpeople

BUT it's friday yay yay! drinking day hallelujah ;D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Today i am pretty proud of this, if you guys have been enjoying my music, I've featured on a friends song that you're going to love. I know it's not sisters, but it's just as good ;)
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Today I have been mostly...

...falling off my bike. However, does anyone else think that this rather attractive gash resembles the Eye of Horus from the cover of Vision Thing?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh hell ... :eek: :eek: ... but you're right ... :lol: ... full Horus Eye at least ... :lol: :notworthy: ...
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote: 07 May 2024, 05:17 Today I have been mostly...

...falling off my bike. However, does anyone else think that this rather attractive gash resembles the Eye of Horus from the cover of Vision Thing?
Ouch but wow!.
That'd make a pretty god avatar
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

... soaking in the ambience at the Brudenell, sat outside in the sunshine with @Charlie, popped over for a drink and a pieminster only to discover the place all abuzz with the In Colour Festival, whatever that might be. Sounded like some indie / electronica vibes coming out the various doors, lovely vibes all round and far from the worst way to spend a sunny Saturday in Leeds 6 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Planet Dave wrote: 11 May 2024, 19:14 ... soaking in the ambience at the Brudenell, sat outside in the sunshine with @Charlie, popped over for a drink and a pieminster only to discover the place all abuzz with the In Colour Festival, whatever that might be. Sounded like some indie / electronica vibes coming out the various doors, lovely vibes all round and far from the worst way to spend a sunny Saturday in Leeds 6 8)
Leeds 6 -the amphetamine capital of the East Riding.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: