Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
XidiouX
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Finishing off a bottle of Laphroaig rather than do the last of my Christmas shopping. I really can't be bothered but will have to make a move over the next couple of hours. And I need a loaf as well.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

working like most people do on a Monday..
had a bit of a *wibble* always good on a monday morning ~ nothing work related!
home and alone at home *please note this never happens at this address ~ total f**king bliss :notworthy:
and then booked a weekend away with my ladies... seven of us getting away in a holiday house near the beach for the nearish future! friday get together at mine with drinks and food to finalise the get away as to who is doing what.
not bad for a monday right :D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Today i have mostly been having a great time. thank you 8) :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Moving into a new house.
This week has consisted of installing doors so the cat can't get to the attic & we can keep the heat from escaping up there too i a concerted push to be in finally.
I am so happy. Moreover, it's a much shorter walk to the local boozer :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 18:11 Moving into a new house.
This week has consisted of installing doors so the cat can't get to the attic & we can keep the heat from escaping up there too i a concerted push to be in finally.
congratulations Steve! :notworthy: know how much work you put into your new home doing so much work yourself. may you be very happy in your new place! :D
that ongoing eternity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

fabulous! are you staying in the same area? I've been looking to buy in Fured. I really like one but the guy wants cash plus signing contract immediately and I'm in the US now working like a maniac so can't really just do it in two seconds. ugh

so today just finishing work in Wyoming and packing up, came from Orlando from a conference before and now heading to Chicago for another conference. I'll be going home Wednesday so pretty stoked to be in my bed on Thursday in NL after almost 3 weeks on the road.
Pista
Cureboi

MadameButterfly wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 18:52 congratulations Steve! :notworthy: know how much work you put into your new home doing so much work yourself. may you be very happy in your new place! :D
Thanks Debs. I was going to relax a bit today but looks like I have a lawn to mow.
sziamiau wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 00:11 fabulous! are you staying in the same area? I've been looking to buy in Fured. I really like one but the guy wants cash plus signing contract immediately and I'm in the US now working like a maniac so can't really just do it in two seconds. ugh
Yep. The house it literally 5 minutes walk from the previous flat. I think you can even see the old flat from one of the attic windows.
Be careful buying in Fured. A lot of properties are snapped up by folks from Budapest looking to either flip for a massive profit after a lick of paint or to rent it out as a nyaraló.
What are you looking for? A flat or a house?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Good luck in the new house !
Being645
Above the Chemist

Congrats Steve ... :D :D :D ... and all the best for your new life in your new home ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
What is mowing a lawn compared to the tireless great work you've been doing over the length of months in this beautiful house (besides all the other stuff you manage) !!!

I wish you a wonderful first weekend and many, many most enjoyable years to come now that this big step is done ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

@Pista they say moving house is as stressful as marriage or divorce so i reckon you must be buzzing now its all done. congrats and good luck in your new home brother. :kiss:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Closer to the pub, you say? Perfect :D :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 09:05
sziamiau wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 00:11 fabulous! are you staying in the same area? I've been looking to buy in Fured. I really like one but the guy wants cash plus signing contract immediately and I'm in the US now working like a maniac so can't really just do it in two seconds. ugh
Yep. The house it literally 5 minutes walk from the previous flat. I think you can even see the old flat from one of the attic windows.
Be careful buying in Fured. A lot of properties are snapped up by folks from Budapest looking to either flip for a massive profit after a lick of paint or to rent it out as a nyaraló.
What are you looking for? A flat or a house?
flat, only have so much money. I also want to rent it out for a while and then eventually use it for family
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

getting used to the fact that our son is home.

surprised me yesterday! knew something was up when my hubby started acting very strange to the point of irritation just because he can't keep a secret from me :lol: bless his heart i was about to walk on out and all of a sudden my son is walking towards me speaking in a very afrikaans accent! :notworthy:

he is home and i have seen him for just a few emotional hours...he needs to land back home away from home two different homes one north one south and the emotional journey just starts...

he is safe home with more ink than ever...awesome snake up his leg.. wording on his arm chest hand and finger along with all the other!

so proud he made the journey alone to my homeland and has found a respect for me that is now reflecting in his experience of how the world is turning.

god and all the spirits above in all the universes above give me strength to face this upcoming time when he will need us the most.
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

^^^well after me posting that post that happy feeling dissolved like water on sugar.

our son came home to so much stress that he landed up having a psychosis. a light one they say but if this is a light one don't want to know what a full one entails. thought he was being tracked by the police and FBI or whatever thinking his phone was being traced and all sorts. talking half dutch half english half afrikaans in his hectic way of talking.
he wasn't sleeping and posting crazy s**t on Instagram that i don't have so was informed by my sister and his friends. after waking up one morning with nail polish on my wall with what looked like SOS on it i phoned the doctor to make an appointment. he was sleeping at the time of appointment so we went instead and explained the situation. doctor needed to actually see him so organised for them to come to us. the crisis team arrived with 3 professionals and we all had a good chat with them asking him questions and when what he said was not true we gave our comments to what had actually happened that we were witness to. then the psychosis was named and he got meds to help him sleep that certain brain prickles are switched off.

with me going back to work i get told that no one knew where he was but he had told me he was going to see a friend but she was at work. so there was slight panic not knowing where he was. my daughter had seen a post he had done through that friend's LinkedIn profile but had lied about who he was with. so she goes to where he said he was via that post with a friend and find him. we go and meet them and he has taken his meds *meant for night sleeping with a cocktail :roll: but has a haircut appointment that i have to go with to in case he passes out in the chair. anyway we get home and he then goes into my handbag whilst i went to the loo and come back to find him with my bank card in his hand. i go to grab it back and he gives me a slight shove and my husband comes and starts shouting at him which is really unusual unless my husband is angry which he was. son goes upstairs and throws an apple downstairs and i say phone the police which we do. but because of his psychosis and no immediate danger there is nothing they can do. so we phone the crisis team and actually we can't keep him locked up at home, legally you can't he is an adult. we must give him space and he must take his meds.
okay fine. by now i am letting it go. the stess for me is not worth it. i am feeling it from my husband, my daughter and obviously my son and if i don't let it go it will kill me.

seemed to work a bit of normal resumed. then the meds were "lost" we had left them on the table and he said he didn't know where they were. saw the crisis team again and he was going to appointments like the arbo from work. work the cause of this all when a 23 year old is in a burnout does everything that he is told to do and then when one appointment is planned when he is on holiday on the other side of the world *which was a known fact and because he doesn't show up they freeze his last salary??

explain this to me please? no wonder he has gone looney tunes!

i thought he was getting better to being himself but we are far from it.

thank the stars i am off work for 5 days now.
i am now going to get numb.. the vino is calling my name
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

Fecking hell Debs!
This sounds really shiatty.
Hoping he soon returns to normal levels of cognisance swiftly & that you can all take a well earned breather.
*sending hugs*
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hard stuff, Debs ... :eek: ...
sending loads of calm and clear energies to you and everybody around , especially your son,
to navigate you safely through this storm and weather and soon reach good soil under your feet again ...

PLUS some extra powers to deal with those bureaucratic blockheads, who are apparently there,
only to drag other peoples lives to the edge on one day, while on the next day somebody else will
be so kind and useful and resolve all these hindrances within a minute ... *sigh ...

... :kiss: :bat: :hl: ...
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

MadameButterfly wrote: 17 May 2023, 19:14 ^^^well after me posting that post that happy feeling dissolved like water on sugar.

our son came home to so much stress that he landed up having a psychosis. a light one they say but if this is a light one don't want to know what a full one entails. thought he was being tracked by the police and FBI or whatever thinking his phone was being traced and all sorts. talking half dutch half english half afrikaans in his hectic way of talking.
he wasn't sleeping and posting crazy s**t on Instagram that i don't have so was informed by my sister and his friends. after waking up one morning with nail polish on my wall with what looked like SOS on it i phoned the doctor to make an appointment. he was sleeping at the time of appointment so we went instead and explained the situation. doctor needed to actually see him so organised for them to come to us. the crisis team arrived with 3 professionals and we all had a good chat with them asking him questions and when what he said was not true we gave our comments to what had actually happened that we were witness to. then the psychosis was named and he got meds to help him sleep that certain brain prickles are switched off.

with me going back to work i get told that no one knew where he was but he had told me he was going to see a friend but she was at work. so there was slight panic not knowing where he was. my daughter had seen a post he had done through that friend's LinkedIn profile but had lied about who he was with. so she goes to where he said he was via that post with a friend and find him. we go and meet them and he has taken his meds *meant for night sleeping with a cocktail :roll: but has a haircut appointment that i have to go with to in case he passes out in the chair. anyway we get home and he then goes into my handbag whilst i went to the loo and come back to find him with my bank card in his hand. i go to grab it back and he gives me a slight shove and my husband comes and starts shouting at him which is really unusual unless my husband is angry which he was. son goes upstairs and throws an apple downstairs and i say phone the police which we do. but because of his psychosis and no immediate danger there is nothing they can do. so we phone the crisis team and actually we can't keep him locked up at home, legally you can't he is an adult. we must give him space and he must take his meds.
okay fine. by now i am letting it go. the stess for me is not worth it. i am feeling it from my husband, my daughter and obviously my son and if i don't let it go it will kill me.

seemed to work a bit of normal resumed. then the meds were "lost" we had left them on the table and he said he didn't know where they were. saw the crisis team again and he was going to appointments like the arbo from work. work the cause of this all when a 23 year old is in a burnout does everything that he is told to do and then when one appointment is planned when he is on holiday on the other side of the world *which was a known fact and because he doesn't show up they freeze his last salary??

explain this to me please? no wonder he has gone looney tunes!

i thought he was getting better to being himself but we are far from it.

thank the stars i am off work for 5 days now.
i am now going to get numb.. the vino is calling my name
Wow. I'm so sorry that this is happening to your family. :( I believe I know what he suffers from as it is related to my condition. Same area of the brain. He's the prime age for onset. The hardest part is him staying on his meds. BTW it is concerned a physical issue - not a mental illness anymore (at least in the US). I'm new but not new to this world. If you feel the need contact me. :)
This place is death with walls
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Avoiding work. Even though my workload is just stupid. And my junior analyst out having a baby. Let's just play some 70s music. TSOM makes me cry too much.
iesus
Overbomber

Nope, tsom is not sad. Actually helped me recover from an incident i had with depression :roll:
Actually hearing tsom is a way to avoid depression, except if you wait for them to release their songs in a new cinyl record :lol:
Which from its own is so funny that you recover also from depression when you think about it a second time by laughing hard :lol: :lol: :bat:

Debs my thought with you, i can't fully understand what happened, but calm, then focus. I am positive you will find a way to solve this.
Sending positive vibes with Untitled/Dominion/MR
Untitled has the most positive vibes i can recall as melody, also the build up to MR and the total in "Stuck inside of Memphis with the F**king mobile home, sing: "

And a cute :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

@iesus

I started revisiting TSOM from a depressed place last year. Reminiscing of life etc. No regrets. Just the little grey cloud following me around. Quite significant TSOM tour the US the first time in 15 years. So the crying is what it is. Maybe I need better meds. lol
Pista
Cureboi

Incoming! wrote: 31 May 2023, 18:57 @iesus

I started revisiting TSOM from a depressed place last year. Reminiscing of life etc. No regrets. Just the little grey cloud following me around. Quite significant TSOM tour the US the first time in 15 years. So the crying is what it is. Maybe I need better meds. lol
You need to put YCBTO on a loop ;)
That'll cheer anyone up pretty swiftly
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 31 May 2023, 19:55 You need to put YCBTO on a loop ;)
That'll cheer anyone up pretty swiftly
@Incoming! do that one, always works :D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

@Pista
@Being645
@Incoming!
@iesus

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
thank you all for your kind words. it has been crazy but once you are living in the situation you cope as best you can. taking one day at a time really.
at least he will be getting the professional help he needs not only the meds but talking to find the root of the problem as this goes way back to even before his suicide attempt a few years ago. staying strong for our son and one day will look back on this period and say thank f**k it's over but we are not there yet.
that ongoing eternity
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sorting through stuff ready for moving house at the end of the month , 2 boxes of books went to the charity shop and now shifting through my lp's and thinking did i really like so many dodgy metal bands :roll: .
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

...trying to get over the sudden death yesterday of our beloved cat Simba. only 4 years old and been born with a heart defeat he passed away yesterday afternoon after a quick death with us around him, trying to save his life :cry:
the devastation is still raw we all loved his awesome personality, craziness and just cuteness that no other cat has ever given us.
the vet confirmed his heart complication from birth was the the reason for his heart attack and the cpr we tried to give him would not have helped.
not a good way to start the holiday we have now and i find myself crying out loud just thinking about him and how much i am going to miss him around us.
he will live in our hearts forever but this grief to get through is one tough one.
that ongoing eternity