What's your desk look like?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I know many of you, like me, come to heartland partly becuase the alternative is to pay attention to some of the work they should be doing in their real lives. I was just wondering where each of the workers are posting from, be it naff cubicle, spacious open plan, Lawyers office (!) or whatever.

Just to kick it off, heres a picture of my home away from home, my desk.

Note exciting features such as the "wall 'o' books" (eventually I'll be oblivious to clients), the boxed japanese Gen 1 transformers (in case anyone doubted by geekery) and the "More" single at the far right.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"

Very orderly, Jim; I, on the other hand, am the worst slob imaginable. Y'all better hope I don't get my hands on a digital camera. :twisted:
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Just tidied! Normally can't find my mouse :-)
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

CorpPunk wrote:Cheater!
Just what I was thinking! You can't have such an beautiful, tidy desk, and still pretend to convince us that you actually work there!

:wink: :roll: :roll:

Just envious! I couldn't tidy mine up if I tried... :notworthy:

Anybody seen my pen?

Ganith
Human stupidity knows no limits.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I have a new office - to myself - hooray! - but it's pretty bare, so I'm busy buying plants and rugs etc at the moment. I'm a bit of a nesting bird with my work environment, like to make it look cosy. In touch with my feminine side, I guess. I have a drawer full of my CDs, mainly Sisters weeds at the moment! I have a pen holder, dunno why, a little light, pooter, an intray (I was also given this, a novelty at the moment), a picture of wifeykins. I'm working on a mousemat. It's still kind of bare by my standards.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...

Ganith wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:Cheater!
Just what I was thinking! You can't have such an beautiful, tidy desk, and still pretend to convince us that you actually work there!

:wink: :roll: :roll:

Just envious! I couldn't tidy mine up if I tried... :notworthy:

Anybody seen my pen?

Ganith
Pen? I ain't seen my computer in weeks! (I found the keyboard and mouse, though, so I can post :roll: )
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

My desk at work is pathologically tidy (and before you ask, I do keep my CD's in alphabetical order according to release date).
This is partly because it'll be less to clear when they finally find me out and fire my useless and disinterested ass!

The desk I'm sitting at at the moment has a PC on it, a framed photograph of my wife and I dancing at our wedding, and the Fellowship of the Ring special edition DVD sandwiched between the bookends it came with and paperback copies of the three books.

I'm sad, I'm anally retentive, what can I say?
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Andy TG
Overbomber

My desk (how come none of you lot have "workstations"?) is at home - as I have just become a student and am a full time carer for Mrs Goth (Chronic Illness - but shes FINE really!)

So my desk is a contant mess - now MINUS an ashtray! :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
pikkrong
Overbomber

can't describe the mess on my desk :oops:
(but no one has to worry - there's order on my CD-shelf :) )
hallucienate
Overbomber

My desk at work is quite neat but I can't describe my desk at home, so here is a photo: http://www.lak.co.za/galleries/photo.ph ... 2003-09-20
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

do i get extra credibility points for mine being made out of that black ash effect melamine wood chipboardy type stuff?

:D
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

No. If you're going to kill a tree, at least display it in all it's glory.
Chris

Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Untidy at the moment and decorated with photo's of my Dad, my Mum and my brother, Marilyn Manson, Alan Rickman (with wings in "Dogma"), Marc Bolan and Peter Davison (the Doctor Who period).
Hell is other people
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

My desk? Is messy, covered with papers, Have a toy 57 Chevy Belaire car, black with blue ghost flames, pics of a few men, some cd's. Grave Disorder...is the general theme of my desk. And underneath, a pile of my shoes, about 10 pair...
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Black Dahlia wrote:Untidy at the moment and decorated with photo's of my Dad, my Mum and my brother, Marilyn Manson, Alan Rickman (with wings in "Dogma"), Marc Bolan and Peter Davison (the Doctor Who period).

Wow, your brother is Marilyn Manson! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:wink:
Chris

Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

MrChris wrote:
Black Dahlia wrote:Untidy at the moment and decorated with photo's of my Dad, my Mum and my brother, Marilyn Manson, Alan Rickman (with wings in "Dogma"), Marc Bolan and Peter Davison (the Doctor Who period).

Wow, your brother is Marilyn Manson! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:wink:
There's a comma in there smart boy :twisted:

(and if only he was .... I'd be arrested :wink: )
Hell is other people
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Now there's an image. I bet he'd be up for it...
Chris

moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote:can't describe the mess on my desk :oops:
Like me.... :roll:
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

My desk is, by rule of my employer, totally featureless.

I think it's so that they can erase us without anyone noticing.

They call it a clear desk policy- I call it spooky.

M
hallucienate
Overbomber

My work desk just got a scanner and 10 CD-RWs put on it. I don't know why though.
khepri II
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

mayhem wrote:My desk is, by rule of my employer, totally featureless.

I think it's so that they can erase us without anyone noticing.

They call it a clear desk policy- I call it spooky.

M
Ah good man. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Was wondering when someone would espouse the virtues of lean thinking, heartily recommend it. Latest project can be found in ten seconds, anyone can come to your desk and know where you're up to. That sort of thing?

Of course as the CI Manager and 5S/C champion my desk looks a shi theap, far too busy to become embroiled in trivia
:innocent: :innocent: :wink:
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Jim has put me to shame..therefore I cleaned my desk off. I've moved to Naples, and this is my new desk top..... :D Now, all I need is a cold glass of chardonnay and I'm set to watch the Italian men walk by!

hallucienate
Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:Jim has put me to shame..therefore I cleaned my desk off. I've moved to Naples, and this is my new desk top..... :D Now, all I need is a cold glass of chardonnay and I'm set to watch the Italian men walk by!

You've become a waitress?

Black Planet wrote:Jim has put me to shame..therefore I cleaned my desk off. I've moved to Naples, and this is my new desk top..... :D Now, all I need is a cold glass of chardonnay and I'm set to watch the Italian men walk by!
Take me with you!