Let's talk Zeppelin...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Possibly not the most appropriate forum, but I like to think we're a broad, even catholic, church, so here goes. The wife's away, Junior's kipping at a mate's, so I finally got enough free time to watch the DVD Mrs T got me for our last anniversary. Things to say, questions to ask.

Favourite album: In Through The Outdoor - generally slagged by the critics, but as far as I'm concerned it swings like a well hung chariot. Possibly cos it was the only one they released after I'd started paying proper attention. I won't put up too strong a defence, they're all better than the average American s**t that passes for music these days.

Favourite track. Tricky one. Excepting Stairway, of course. Kashmir? In The Light? Immigrant Song? Dazed And Confused? In The Evening? I'm Gonna Crawl? All Of My Love?

Ultimate Compilation. 70 minute CDR. That will keep you scratching your head for weeks. Don't even bother. It's an impossible task.

Does Jimmy Page really need a ten minute solo to convince us he's good? Is whacking your Les Paul with a violin bow a criminal offence? Replies from guitarists only, please.

Favourite Thing: Page's riffs.

Least Favourite Thing: Jon Paul Jones' white suit at Knebworth. (Didn't he know black was best for fat?)

Final Question: Is that a breakfast roll down Robert Plant's trousers or am I just jealous? Oh yes, don't his hand gestures make him look a bit Will & Grace, or was it an acceptable hippy thing? Sexygoth?

Goodnight.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
pikkrong
Overbomber

it was years ago when I gave away my Zeppelin stuff: a book, a t-shirt and so on...
well, I think I didn't gave away any record but... the fact that I'm not sure about it speaks for itself... sorry, mate, for a silly post... :oops:
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

pikkrong wrote: sorry, mate, for a silly post... :oops:
Yeah, went down like a lead balloon. I'm obviously in the wrong place.
:innocent:
khepri II
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

"Final Question: Is that a breakfast roll down Robert Plant's trousers or am I just jealous? "

nah. it was just his big log. he shat himself again senile old fool :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously. The three CD thingy is very good IMHO :D

the 23.08 Whole lotta love is a wee bit short though :wink:

as the great man once said

Led Zep Ace :von:
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

ARE SH*T!!!!!!!!
Only a paand.
Big Si
School Bully

Sexygoth wrote:ARE SH*T!!!!!!!!
No they're not, HIPPY! :von:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Serendipityhaven

dont think theres anything about them i dont like or rate.i even liked one of his solo efforts ummm Manic Nirvana i think it was.
not bad at all considering,and he still sported the rock god poodle perm(with highlights)at that stage too.
bless him.
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
Andy TG
Overbomber

I have no opinion of Led Zep one way or another but, I do know that The Sisters Of Mercy used "Kashmir" as an intro track at gigs during 81 - 85 (I, of course could be wrong ;-))
Last edited by Andy TG on 22 Sep 2003, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Ah. Led Zep.

Robert Plants gorgeous. Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven...classic rock and roll.

Led Zep rocks.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:
pikkrong wrote: sorry, mate, for a silly post... :oops:
Yeah, went down like a lead balloon. I'm obviously in the wrong place.
:innocent:
OH NO!
you are not in the wrong place.
i meant - MY post was silly :oops:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Big Si wrote:
THEY BLOODY ARE YA BOLLOX :twisted:
Only a paand.
Big Si
School Bully

Sexygoth wrote:
Big Si wrote:
THEY BLOODY ARE YA BOLLOX :twisted:
You wouldn't be interested in the Sisters cover of Stairway to Heaven then, hen? :innocent: :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

What, the song that EVERYONE who learns guitar can play????? <yawn> :roll: .....Next you'll be saying Chris Rea or The Doors are good!!!! <thinking I might start a bit of a debate here........oops>
Only a paand.
Big Si
School Bully

Sexygoth wrote:What, the song that EVERYONE who learns guitar can play????? <yawn> :roll: .....Next you'll be saying Chris Rea or The Doors are good!!!! <thinking I might start a bit of a debate here........oops>
I'll take that as a NO then, Daisy doll! :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Black Planet wrote:Ah. Led Zep.

Robert Plants gorgeous. Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven...classic rock and roll.

Led Zep rocks.

I'm with Planet on this one.

"Black Dog " gives me shivers ........... :notworthy:
Hell is other people
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

I wouldn't have any bits to do anyway I shouldn't think....So I suppose I'd grin and bear it!!!!! :lol:
Only a paand.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

They had some very fine moments. They also had some Lord of the Rings moments. Unwise. Robert Plant looked fine with his golden tresses. He's unfortunately still going for the same look. Oh dear. When the Levee Breaks inspired Floodland, the greatest album of all time. This must be regarded as a big red tick. All in all, a very worthwhile contribution to the rock pantheon.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

pikkrong wrote:OH NO!
you are not in the wrong place.
i meant - MY post was silly :oops:
That's a relief. As a veteran here, I guess you've seen a few silly posts in your time. Does this mean I can do my Uriah Heep one as well? Maybe not.
MrChris wrote:When the Levee Breaks inspired Floodland, the greatest album of all time.
Really? Well I never. You learn something new everyday. I know Eldritch used to say the Sisters were just another heavy metal band. I always thought he was joking until I heard Vision Thing.

@Sexygoth: I think you're on even dodgier ground than me with your remark about The Doors!
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I like some Zeppelin songs, clasic rock, like someone said. Hate Kashmir though, because of that rapper guy who covered it, couldn't stand listen to it any more. But hey, Black Dog is cool.

And i like The Doors. :P
Big Si
School Bully

zigeunerweisen wrote:I like some Zeppelin songs, clasic rock, like someone said. Hate Kashmir though, because of that rapper guy who covered it, couldn't stand listen to it any more. But hey, Black Dog is cool.

And i like The Doors. :P
Puff Daddy/P Diddy - Yeah! he's ruined many songs, but his version of Bowie's Let's Dance was pretty 8), it was still very faithful to the original (but then that's just my opinion).
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
karin

I like a bit of Led Zep. Led Zep 1 is my fave then I skip right through to Physical Grafitti, the dog's....
Zwei bier bitte.....
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

led zeppelin 2, 3 and 4 thankyou :D

god, how can anyone hate the zep. Thats like saying hitler was right!!!
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

ryan_w_0000 wrote:led zeppelin 2, 3 and 4 thankyou :D

LOL..I wouldn't have thought that was quite the same there dear!!!!! :roll:
Only a paand.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Sexygoth wrote:
ryan_w_0000 wrote:led zeppelin 2, 3 and 4 thankyou :D

LOL..I wouldn't have thought that was quite the same there dear!!!!! :roll:
Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but I think the point is made. Presumably the reason every guitar player attempts to learn Stairway To Heaven is because it is universally accepted as a total classic. I guess you're the exception that proves the rule. I can live with that.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Thats good to know!!!! It wouldn't do if we were all the same anyway :? :?
Only a paand.