The Temple of Mercy checking in

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
brittislove
Road Kill

Howdy ya'll, about 6 months ago I started making a few posts in here and got some great response, I just wanted to follow up on it with ya'll. The tracks were mastered, sound nearly cd perfect, and I've created a few videos.

I made a lyric video to the long version of this corrosion and 1959 because none existed, and it helps with practice, SEO, and getting those likes on facebook which will make me insanely wealthy someday.

Hope you all have been good, I just had some shirts made, and am finally playing live shows. Give us a like on facebook, buy a shirt, or better yet, get us a gig if you can.

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/TheTempleofMercy/

Shirts
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B56D274

1959 - Lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PYcIvz ... e=youtu.be

This Corrosion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vakOcTqNg1g
Pista
Cureboi

Hello again.
One small note. It's a pet peeve of mine really.
The ad for the shirts is missing the possessive apostrophe in men's & women's
Mens & womens aren't actually words.
As for gigs, are you anywhere near Austin?
Elysium might be ripe for your wares if it's practical for you to get there.
Been there a couple of times & they were brilliant nights out.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
brittislove
Road Kill

Actually yes, I have talked to the owner of Elysium and he's very interested in getting a gig, but we had to wait for SXSW to finish. I need to follow up with him again

I'm in Houston so Austin is only 2.5 hours away. Not too far, but I might have to stop to use the Men's room at Hruskas :p
Pista
Cureboi

brittislove wrote:Actually yes, I have talked to the owner of Elysium and he's very interested in getting a gig, but we had to wait for SXSW to finish. I need to follow up with him again

I'm in Houston so Austin is only 2.5 hours away. Not too far, but I might have to stop to use the Men's room at Hruskas :p
Haha. It's hard to comprehend just how big Texas is. I lived in Fort Worth for nearly a year & visited Austin a few times & it was a lot further away than I first thought.
First time I went I had a rental car with no satnav so I printed the route from google & thought I'd just follow it in reverse to get back.
Of course where it said turn right off I35 I should have read it as turn left onto I35 on the way back. I nearly ended up in San Antonio before I realised :oops:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Old joke: Americans think 100 years is a long time, English think 100 miles is a long way.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

After 25+ years in Texas, I still can't quite wrap my head around being able to drive to New York in 4 hours. Sure is convenient though!
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Try working in East Yorkshire and driving round there, blimmin nightmare.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Driving from the second largest city to the capital in Sweden takes about 5 hours. Hate doing that drive.
Burning 'cross the breeze.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote:After 25+ years in Texas, I still can't quite wrap my head around being able to drive to New York in 4 hours. Sure is convenient though!
If I drove for 4 hours in pretty much any given direction from Leeds, I'd end up in the sea ;D

Edit: Apart from northeast.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

Jeez Mark are the roadworks so bad on the A64 that it's taking 4hrs to get to Scarborough :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

;D all them gothics in the way on t'road back from Whitby
—Bertrand Russell