Oi! The Darkness! quit it!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

I am currently writing on a novel (been workin on it for a while), and have just noticed the Spooky number of similarities between it and the album by The Darkness.
Here is the tracklisting of 'Permission to Land':

1. Black Shuck
2. Get Your Hands Off MY Woman
3. Growing On Me
4. I Believe In A Thing Called Love
5. Love Is Only A Feeling
6. Givin' Up
7. Stuck In A Rut
8. Friday Night
9. Love on The Rocks With No Ice
10. Holding My Own

Not only have they had the NERVE to steal my Heartland user name for the opening track (and animals called 'black shucks' feature prominently in my story); but one of the themes of my book is people being terrified of the unknown, or as the characters call it, 'the darkness'!
and several of the song titles (I haven't heard the album yet) spookily sound like other themes in my book.

so lads, STOP NICKING ME IDEAS!

Or perhaps it's all just a... coincidence? (cue Twilight Zone music)
Gazza for England manager
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

You leave the Darkness alone..although the guy has unfeasibly large thumbs, they still rock!!!!
Only a paand.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I dont realy want to cause a fuss :lol: BUT The Darkness are about as entertaining as a bad head cold.

And they dont realy live up to their name do they. :twisted:
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I like them.

But then again, cock rocks my thang.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Tinkerbell
Road Kill

Jim wrote:I like them.

But then again, cock rocks my thang.
That'll be the lack of pants , that will (chortle)
Pixie Dust Lust
Jim
Slight Overbomber

That is such a tenuous joke, in fact theres no joke there at all.

Try harder next time fairy ;-)
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Serendipityhaven

Get Your hands Off My Woman..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
made me laugh anyway
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I'm sorry, but as soon as he starts that falsetto nonsense, he needs gagging, preferably on his own c*ck, for added amusement.

Other than that the music's alright.

Dave
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Thea
Overbomber

the darkness are gong to take over the world. you just watch. 5 years from now we'll all be slaves to king justin.

don't say i didn't warn ya.
Black Shuck

Oi! Heartlanders! Quit it!!!

We were supposed to be debating wether the Darkness are tea leaves or not, not debating wether the band are any good.

Why can't you Heartlanders EVER stick to the topic?

So shut up before I come round and slap you all!
hallucienate
Overbomber

I've been having great weather recently. The days have been getting longer to, hence less Darkness.
Big Si
School Bully

Black Shuck wrote:Oi! Heartlanders! Quit it!!!

We were supposed to be debating wether the Darkness are tea leaves or not, not debating wether the band are any good.

I'm with you shuck, they're a gang of neds!

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Black Shuck wrote:Oi! Heartlanders! Quit it!!!

*Yells loudly* Uh Oh Quiffy, looks like we're having a Chairman Shux moment again .................. :lol:
Hell is other people
Major de Coverly
Road Kill

Hello folks, and what an interesting question.

I think I find the names given by the US chiefs of staff to their occasional middle eastern forays (desert storm, shock and awe etc) more inspiring than the song titles on this album. Isn't that a depressing indictment? Out-named by some frisky US high school drop-outs and that condoleezza rice fellow.

I was debating this very question last weekend at the de Coverly Towers summer retreat in Super Cannes (did you know this place really existed? I thought it was just the name of a below par JG Ballard book).

Sorry, I should explain:- Mrs de C fancied a short break before we take Gdansk, and so she plumped for a last weekend rage against the dying of the summer light amongst the beautiful people in St Trop, rather than a weekend at home basking in the London sun. Another masterstroke of counter-cyclic planning from the other third. Apparently we are going skiing in July next year. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I digress. Back on le soliel deck, armed with a pastis (ah, pastis- and, yes, fellow heartlanders, the sweet perfumed embraces of juniper berries and fermented grape were too much to resist even for the Major) and bowl of pistachio nuts, pool water lapping lazily against my big toe, Mrs de C and I mused over what we should call my forthcoming invasion of Poland. You've simply got to get the details right. Haven't settled on anything yet, but the current view is that there is something that can be worked around Warsaw, tea and war sortie. Perhaps, as the majority of you appear to be writing books when not sharing your wisdom on this forum, you could come up with a suggestion or two. I would be most obliged.

Well that is all for the moment really. Back in Blighty now at the main residence, but I hope that has answered your question Mr Shuck (are you really named after an animal? how exciting. I've always been partial to wombats. Best served with potato dauphinoise and a sprig of thyme. Are Black Shucks like wombats?), and please feel free to drop round at de Coverly Towers any time for a campari and soda.

The same goes for the rest of you. Just tinker my belle at the entrance, whisper the magic words: pixie dust lust a must, and you'll be most welcome. Well, with Mrs de C anyway, if you get the tinkering right.

much Cloverly loverly

the Major
Serendipityhaven

Mephistopheles gets about a lot these days.
Serendipityhaven

:oops:that didnt come out quite right.no offence intended there. :oops:
Serendipityhaven

wrong forum for post entirely.
not my day for multi tasking then :roll:
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

But 3 extra to your post count at any rate!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Major de Coverly
Road Kill

You multi task admirably. No apology, no blushes necessary.
Serendipityhaven

@ Ce||three-
i know,just realised i could edit that bit out too instead of all that. :roll:

Faust,Will leave alone.for the time being anyway....

Major :)

Jim wrote: But then again, cock rocks my thang.
You know, without the apostrophe in 'rocks,' this takes on an entirely different meaning. Children, consider this a lesson in why punctuation is just so important for proper communication.

:wink:
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Major de Coverly wrote:Hello folks, and what an interesting question.

I think I find the names given by the US chiefs of staff to their occasional middle eastern forays (desert storm, shock and awe etc) more inspiring than the song titles on this album. Isn't that a depressing indictment? Out-named by some frisky US high school drop-outs and that condoleezza rice fellow.

I was debating this very question last weekend at the de Coverly Towers summer retreat in Super Cannes (did you know this place really existed? I thought it was just the name of a below par JG Ballard book).

Sorry, I should explain:- Mrs de C fancied a short break before we take Gdansk, and so she plumped for a last weekend rage against the dying of the summer light amongst the beautiful people in St Trop, rather than a weekend at home basking in the London sun. Another masterstroke of counter-cyclic planning from the other third. Apparently we are going skiing in July next year. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I digress. Back on le soliel deck, armed with a pastis (ah, pastis- and, yes, fellow heartlanders, the sweet perfumed embraces of juniper berries and fermented grape were too much to resist even for the Major) and bowl of pistachio nuts, pool water lapping lazily against my big toe, Mrs de C and I mused over what we should call my forthcoming invasion of Poland. You've simply got to get the details right. Haven't settled on anything yet, but the current view is that there is something that can be worked around Warsaw, tea and war sortie. Perhaps, as the majority of you appear to be writing books when not sharing your wisdom on this forum, you could come up with a suggestion or two. I would be most obliged.

Well that is all for the moment really. Back in Blighty now at the main residence, but I hope that has answered your question Mr Shuck (are you really named after an animal? how exciting. I've always been partial to wombats. Best served with potato dauphinoise and a sprig of thyme. Are Black Shucks like wombats?), and please feel free to drop round at de Coverly Towers any time for a campari and soda.

The same goes for the rest of you. Just tinker my belle at the entrance, whisper the magic words: pixie dust lust a must, and you'll be most welcome. Well, with Mrs de C anyway, if you get the tinkering right.

much Cloverly loverly

the Major
I don't get it....so you're saying you like the darkness?
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Oh, and hands off my fairy Dammit. I don't want to have to come over there and kick your ass.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

again :P
Black Shuck

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
:evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: