Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #26  Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
John Robb has given it a plug:

https://louderthanwar.com/pledge-new-book-sisters-mercy-first-5-years-detailed-account-fascinating-roots/

Hopefully that puts it in front of a wider audience.

Well done, surely this will see another spike in the pledges. Over two thirds of the way there by the end of the day?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #27  Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i still think a running total of how much £/$ are still needed to acheive the pledge goal would be an incentive for the less badly off among the faithful to pledge further amounts. well-off obsessives may choose to chuck £60 the books way rather than buy another screenprinted cd-r of the '85 Newcastle gig if they see how close this once in a lifetime opportunity is to being actualised and in their hands. as it stands there is only the stick of it not happening - let's add a carrot. Our fearless leader!

Flying Bat!
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #28  Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We've just tipped over the two-thirds mark; this is starting to feel achievable! Smile We are not worthy!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #29  Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our fearless leader!

Flying Bat!
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #30  Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
We've just tipped over the two-thirds mark; this is starting to feel achievable! Smile We are not worthy!

Big milestones just reached: 70% reached and now less than £5000 needed.
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #31  Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just pledged. Not a huge fan of the early years of the sisters, but a big fan of passion and enthusiasm so it would feel wrong not to support this.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #32  Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

The make-or-break meeting with Unbound the prospective publisher of "Paint My Name In Black and Gold" has taken place. It was an email exchange actually.

They are feeling very positive. Essentially, the book is now very likely to fund. 70%+ makes the project feel much more like a reality than a possibility. February has been crucial: 48% to 72% in one month. I think the tipping point has been passed ...

I'll post more fund-raising ideas here over the next few weeks.

I tip my hat to everyone who has got behind this project.
Charlie

PostPost #33  Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

MAndrews wrote:
The make-or-break meeting with Unbound the prospective publisher of "Paint My Name In Black and Gold" has taken place. It was an email exchange actually.

They are feeling very positive. Essentially, the book is now very likely to fund. 70%+ makes the project feel much more like a reality than a possibility. February has been crucial: 48% to 72% in one month. I think the tipping point has been passed ...

I'll post more fund-raising ideas here over the next few weeks.

I tip my hat to everyone who has got behind this project.

Fantastic news! Been checking the numbers daily - so great to see the momentum pic up!
Great work everyone.
Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy!
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #34  Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh please don't invoke Momentum Laughing as my olde worlde hippy liberal self will start ranting in an unseemly way not suiting my age x
Charlie

PostPost #35  Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Swinnow wrote:
Oh please don't invoke Momentum Laughing as my olde worlde hippy liberal self will start ranting in an unseemly way not suiting my age x

Laughing

Note to self: never use the word 'momentum' again . . .!
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #36  Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gone past 80% funded landmark today.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #37  Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any idea when the book will be published?
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #38  Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:

Timescale goes like this: when 100% os reached, I write it. I aim to submit an 85,000 manuscript by the end of the year. Then, Unbound do their thing as a publisher. That can vary. So there isn't a set date, but it will be in 2020.
Mothra

PostPost #39  Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

MAndrews wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:

Timescale goes like this: when 100% os reached, I write it. I aim to submit an 85,000 manuscript by the end of the year. Then, Unbound do their thing as a publisher. That can vary. So there isn't a set date, but it will be in 2020.

Playing devil's advocate, what happens if the book reaches something like 97%, but then just hangs there for a few months ... what do you do with all your research then? Asking out of interest, not expectation that it will happen Smile
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #40  Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

Mothra wrote:
MAndrews wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:

Playing devil's advocate, what happens if the book reaches something like 97%, but then just hangs there for a few months ... what do you do with all your research then? Asking out of interest, not expectation that it will happen Smile

3%? That's when my Mum reaches for her cheque book ...
Mothra

PostPost #41  Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

MAndrews wrote:
Mothra wrote:
MAndrews wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:

3%? That's when my Mum reaches for her cheque book ...

You'll be getting copies of them as your Christmas present from her for years Laughing
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #42  Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

85% attained, so 12% left to go Laughing
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #43  Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

Swinnow wrote:
85% attained, so 12% left to go Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Charlie

PostPost #44  Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

94% now! Almost!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mothra

PostPost #45  Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

95%.
Time for Mark's mum to start looking for her cheque book and pen, we need her poised to leap into action around the end of the week at this rate.
Kutan
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #46  Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just did my best to take the weight off Mark's mum's bank account. Still 95% though, but the next will probably make it 96%.
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #47  Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Next phase: save Mark's mum's bank account! Laughing
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #48  Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

96% now! We are not worthy!

What might be a silly question: I assume with these things there's always a certain percentage of backers who pull out, for whatever reason. Are allowances for that percentage built into the funding goal? So in other words, if 10% pull out on average, is the funding goal boosted to allow for that 10%?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #49  Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:

What might be a silly question: I assume with these things there's always a certain percentage of backers who pull out, for whatever reason. Are allowances for that percentage built into the funding goal? So in other words, if 10% pull out on average, is the funding goal boosted to allow for that 10%?
Not thinking of backing out are we? Laughing
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #50  Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
mh wrote:

Not thinking of backing out are we? Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nah, just wondering how much of a safety net we have if we do indeed only get to sub-100.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: