Re-re-run of currently watching

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Was so hungover yesterday I couldn't do anything but watch movies.
Los cronocrímenes. Time travel movie. Was ok.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480669/

A Quiet Place. Dystopian sci-fi monster movie. Also ok.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6644200/
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Game. Of. Thrones.
FUCKING AWEOME!!!!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :bat:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Game. Of. Thrones.
FUCKING AWEOME!!!!
YES! A wee bit rushed this season lol but it's been a fantastic journey. :D :notworthy:
Gonna miss it. :cry:
Probably my 2nd favourite tv series ever.
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:
FUCKING AWEOME!!!!
YES! A wee bit rushed this season lol but it's been a fantastic journey. :D :notworthy:
It didn't really feel rushed to me. I think that's because the episodes were nice & long.
I also got the feeling they left a few possibilities for spin offs. Especially with Arya going on her adventure.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
Charlie wrote:
FUCKING AWEOME!!!!
It didn't really feel rushed to me. I think that's because the episodes were nice & long.
I also got the feeling they left a few possibilities for spin offs. Especially with Arya going on her adventure.
I am gonna miss it too. It was an incredible journey that has not ended in books at least, even though some plot points revealed in tv series.

Arya's going adventure should be a short movie that shows her boat drop in the edge of a flat earth, that would be amazing ;D
I hope that this is the end for that characters, anything added in that ASOIAF seems far fetched.
There are many things that could have a potential from the previous history of Westeros though :roll: :urff: like Targaryen conquest or the Dance of Dragons civil war of Targaryens or the story of the Long Winter and the original White Walkers and Azor Ahay :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Zacharias

Actually forgot that I started watching the What We Do in the Shadows series and got bored. Love the movie. Didn't really enjoy this.
Love the idea with the energy vampire. Didn't really enjoy the execution. Would rather it be a cameo of sorts or if they executed it better. Yada yada.

Burning 'cross the breeze.
eastmidswhizzkid

Zacharias wrote:Actually forgot that I started watching the What We Do in the Shadows series and got bored. Love the movie. Didn't really enjoy this.
Love the idea with the energy vampire. Didn't really enjoy the execution. Would rather it be a cameo of sorts or if they executed it better. Yada yada.

as a huge fan of the film i'm disappointed i haven't heard of the series. even more disappointed to hear you dont rate it. might still give it a go though.

Zacharias

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Zacharias wrote:Actually forgot that I started watching the What We Do in the Shadows series and got bored. Love the movie. Didn't really enjoy this.

as a huge fan of the film i'm disappointed i haven't heard of the series. even more disappointed to hear you dont rate it. might still give it a go though.
I was also very surprised I didn't hear of this earlier than I did.
But yes, give it a go, but don't expect it to hold the bar at the same height as the movie. Reading on the forums here I seem to be a lot more picky than most people writing...
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

A co-worker was on a Netflix reality show Nailed It! (no not that kind of reality show - it's a cake baking competition)

That cakes were truly absurd.
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
Pista
Cureboi

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:A co-worker was on a Netflix reality show Nailed It! (no not that kind of reality show - it's a cake baking competition)

I love that show.
A blessed relief from the bake off & other up themselves cooking shows & unrelentlessly funny
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:A co-worker was on a Netflix reality show Nailed It! (no not that kind of reality show - it's a cake baking competition)

I love that show.
A blessed relief from the bake off & other up themselves cooking shows & unrelentlessly funny
Watch season 3, episode 6 - this was a fashion theme. With predicable results. My co-worker, Everard, is a really nice guy, even if his favorite Sisters song is More.
eastmidswhizzkid

Zacharias wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

But yes, give it a go, but don't expect it to hold the bar at the same height as the movie. Reading on the forums here I seem to be a lot more picky than most people writing...
I was pleasantly surprised by this actually; not least because Matt Berry is in it. The fact that the characters are all different was initally off-putting but soon overtaken by the at_times quite hilariously preposterous stories.

Afflikönig
Amphetamine Filth

The Adulterer on All4, I'm a sucker for just about everything Walter Presents
An
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:
Charlie wrote:
FUCKING AWEOME!!!!
It was rushed like f**k with a tons of logical holes. Was already discussed in many forums. I see it like a band where the main songwriter were doing stuff (first 4-5 seasons) until he left and than the other musicians had to do something on their own (last 2 seasons) which contained some nice moments but wasn´t the same anymore. But the legend was already settled with the first 5 albums.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Just watched the Game of Thrones 'making of' documentary and towards the end what pops up - 'This Corrosion'

Game Of Thrones and The Sisters Of Mercy, two of my favourite things together - well not quite - they used the Lampchop cover version!

:lol: :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:Image

Just watched the Game of Thrones 'making of' documentary and towards the end what pops up - 'This Corrosion'

Game Of Thrones and The Sisters Of Mercy, two of my favourite things together - well not quite - they used the Lampchop cover version!

That was a cracking docco to watch. A blessed change from a 2 hour bore fest full of nerds "explaining" how they do the CGI dragons & flames & all that stuff.
Really good to see all the machinations that went on physically with the props, stunts, logistics, extras & even the food van (where that rogue cup came from).
Moreover, I think it's the first time I've seen Vladimír Furdík out of his make up & talking.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:

That was a cracking docco to watch. A blessed change from a 2 hour bore fest full of nerds "explaining" how they do the CGI dragons & flames & all that stuff.
Really good to see all the machinations that went on physically with the props, stunts, logistics, extras & even the food van (where that rogue cup came from).
Moreover, I think it's the first time I've seen Vladimír Furdík out of his make up & talking.
Yep, i agree, glad they didn't do the whole sit down interview thing, just went with it. Would be amazing to be involved in something like Game Of Thrones. There's even a 'Head Of Snow' guy - he got to fly out to Spain just to sprinkle a few flakes round! :lol: And those Stark crew jackets were so cool - i want!!
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:
Yep, i agree, glad they didn't do the whole sit down interview thing, just went with it. Would be amazing to be involved in something like Game Of Thrones. There's even a 'Head Of Snow' guy - he got to fly out to Spain just to sprinkle a few flakes round! :lol: And those Stark crew jackets were so cool - i want!!
A surprise to see Sophie Ellis Bextor among the extras too.
& I want one of the tiger bread things.
NOW!
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I've come across a German show called Bohemian Browser Ballett - there's vids on that there YouTube - it's some supremely funny sh*t, some of them have subtitles in case you don't sprechen sie deutsch.

Perhaps my fave is this one - The Instagram Begger.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Big Si
School Bully

Charlie wrote:
Pista wrote:

Directed by the awesome Jeanie Finlay, so no wonder it was very, very good. :D https://www.jeaniefinlay.com/

https://youtu.be/WdJb-FmpmNY - Sound it Out
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Zacharias

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Zacharias wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: as a huge fan of the film i'm disappointed i haven't heard of the series. even more disappointed to hear you dont rate it. might still give it a go though.
I was pleasantly surprised by this actually; not least because Matt Berry is in it. The fact that the characters are all different was initally off-putting but soon overtaken by the at_times quite hilariously preposterous stories.
I as well have a fondness for Matt Berry, but alas...it did not save this series for me. Glad you liked it though!
Pista
Cureboi

brilliant!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Oooh goodie — I’ll be trapped for the next 2 weeks - non weight bearing & I’m far too clumsy to use crutches on stairs —while I get over my foot surgery
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Image

brilliant!
All 6 episodes on usb, coffee ready in a big cup etc and the marathon starts ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

iesus wrote:
Pista wrote:Image

brilliant!
All 6 episodes on usb, coffee ready in a big cup etc and the marathon starts ;D
Wow - can’t believe how good this!