Re-re-run of currently watching

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 12:12 Based on a recommendation, I've started watching "Ancient Apocalypse" (with Graham Hancock). Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I don't know if anyone is familiar with the phrase "Gish gallop"...
I got three episodes in & had to stop before I started breaking stuff.
I considered using the show as part of a drinking game where you needed to have a shot every time he mentioned Quetzalcoatl or that the sea levels were 20m lower back then so you could simply walk from Europe to South America..... during an ice age .
But I'm not sure anyone has the ability to cope with that much alcohol.
Never heard of Gish gallop until today. But it's absolutely spot on.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Someone proposed to watch this

Has anyone seen it? Does it worth the time? :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 17:42 Someone proposed to watch this

Has anyone seen it? Does it worth the time? :notworthy: :bat:
Not seen it but was considering it myself if only to marvel at the yahoos that actually believe the earth is flat.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

@Pista the one proposed this, spoilered to me that it is hilarious and they even managed to prove scientificaly those yahoos that they are wrong :lol: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 19:56 @Pista the one proposed this, spoilered to me that it is hilarious and they even managed to prove scientificaly those yahoos that they are wrong :lol: :bat:
That's deffo on my watch list then.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

It's finally back!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've lately been rewatching "Game of Thrones"* and counting the number of "You know nothing Jon Snow"s. By the end of season five we've had it four times from Ygritte and once from Mellisandre.

*Don't think I'll bother with the final season or two like.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 15:47 I've lately been rewatching "Game of Thrones"* and counting the number of "You know nothing Jon Snow"s. By the end of season five we've had it four times from Ygritte and once from Mellisandre.

*Don't think I'll bother with the final season or two like.
According to https://www.quora.com/How-many-times-do ... g-Jon-Snow

Just counting the number of times Ygritte actually said it out loud, as opposed to Jon imagining her saying, the total comes to nineteen, all in A Storm of Swords.

1-"Jon Snow, you know nothing. You don't go in with clothes."
2-"Oh, hundreds," she said furiously. "You know nothing, Jon Snow."
3-"You know nothing, Jon Snow, but I can show you."
4-"You know nothing, Jon Snow. It went on and on and on."
5-"You know nothing, Jon Snow. Gendel did not die."
6-"Aye, and wiser. You know nothing, Jon Snow."
7-"If you want to look you have to show. You know nothing, Jon Snow."
8-"If you love me all so much, why are you still dressed?" she whispered. "You know nothing, Jon Snow."
9-"He's of my village. You know nothing, Jon Snow."
10-"You know nothing, Jon Snow." She gave him a shy smile. "You might be learning some, though."
11-"You know nothing, Jon Snow. This wall is made o' blood."
12-"I wasn't frightened. You know nothing, Jon Snow."
13-"You know nothing, Jon Snow. Daughters are taken, not wives."
14-"I'd cut his throat while he slept. You know nothing, Jon Snow."
15-"You know nothing, Jon Snow. You have never seen the free folk fight!"
16-"You know nothing, Jon Snow. I'm half a fish, I'll have you know."
17-"You know nothing, Jon Snow!" she shouted at him, and flung the bloody blade at his feet.
18-I will not father a bastard, he told her. I will not. I will not. "You know nothing, Jon Snow,"
19-"Oh." Ygritte cupped his cheek with her hand. "You know nothing, Jon Snow."

all these from Ygritte alone :lol: :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:eek: exceptional work @iesus! I think that must be the books though? I was actually surprised how rare it was in the TV series in comparison.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

After seeing a trailer for season 3 of "Star Trek: Picard", I sat and binged season 2 in one massive all-night session and absolutely loved it! Obviously its full of holes story-wise, involving as it does time travel of the "slingshot-around-a-star" variety, but once my disbelief was sufficiently willfully suspended i devoured it all like the old fan-boy that i am. and only cried once... 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Pista wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 15:15 It's finally back!
8) thats next then!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

This isn't just bad. It's laughably bad.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 14:09 Image

This isn't just bad. It's laughably bad.
sounds as a provokation to download and watch it ^^ i really like the laughable bad ones :lol: is it normal? :lol: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 18:05
sounds as a provokation to download and watch it ^^ i really like the laughable bad ones :lol: is it normal? :lol: :bat:
It's truly dreadful.
In the med-bay scenes they use the biggest syringes ever made for any injection. I don't know if they intended it to be this bad but, oh boy. It's terrible.
Download & try it. The whole opening scene sets the tone for the sheer dog's egg it actually is
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Debaser
Overbomber

The cricket
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 20:52
It's truly dreadful.
In the med-bay scenes they use the biggest syringes ever made for any injection. I don't know if they intended it to be this bad but, oh boy. It's terrible.
Download & try it. The whole opening scene sets the tone for the sheer dog's egg it actually is
Did downloaded and tried first episode and i lasted for a good 15 minutes with my morning coffee :lol:
Didn't have accidents with my coffee but the file is on the way to Bin ;D
For a moment at the first seconds i though: "Aaa this spaceship is like original Galactica from 80's!" But this was ditched soon after :lol:
Only the "The Horror! The Horror!" meme can be accurate for that series
At least i returned to watch the last episode of the The Devils Hour, episode 6. Not bad, but i hope they stay only at one season, there is no room to make a second and have any effect. :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Last of us , wasn't sure at first but liking it more and more as the series has gone on .
ruffers
Overbomber

I've been watching War of the Worlds on Disney, a part Canal+ thing just gone into is third series. Only very loosely based on the classic but highly recommended. Proper bleak, pretty intelligent stuff with some great performances and quite haunting mood about it.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

OLDFART wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 08:17 The Last of us , wasn't sure at first but liking it more and more as the series has gone on .
I recently finished The Last Of Us too. It's a bit... I dunno... bleak. Everybody dies! (Although I suppose that's par for the course for post-apocalyptic drama.)

Been watching the new series of Star Trek Picard. Or "Next Generation Reunited" as it's increasingly becoming. Jean-Luc saying the F-word in episode 5 was a bit of a shock. I'm not going to talk about episode 6 though. Spoilers.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh yeah - The Mandalorian and now The Last Of Us: by 2038, 50% of all TV drama will consist of Pedro Pascal taking a child on a dangerous journey.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 10:58 Oh yeah - The Mandalorian and now The Last Of Us: by 2038, 50% of all TV drama will consist of Pedro Pascal taking a child on a dangerous journey.
+1 true dat :notworthy: :lol: :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

currently watching Solace with Anthony Hopkins and must admit he is my favourite actor.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
iesus
Overbomber

He is a top actor, love his performance in bootleg theatricals he acted about 14-15 years ago. Times with slow internet connection that every video with a play took a couple of days to download. What you remind me of... :lol: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

iesus wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 21:48 He is a top actor, love his performance in bootleg theatricals he acted about 14-15 years ago. Times with slow internet connection that every video with a play took a couple of days to download. What you remind me of... :lol: :bat:
part of my charm :wink:
yes remember those days but back to Anthony it's his voice and the way he speaks that just makes me shut up and listen!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity