Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Re-re-run of currently watching
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Re-re-run of currently watching Reply with quote Back to top

Was so hungover yesterday I couldn't do anything but watch movies.
Los cronocrímenes. Time travel movie. Was ok.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480669/

A Quiet Place. Dystopian sci-fi monster movie. Also ok.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6644200/
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #2  Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Game. Of. Thrones.
FUCKING AWEOME!!!!
We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! Flying Bat!
Charlie
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #3  Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Game. Of. Thrones.
FUCKING AWEOME!!!!
We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! Flying Bat!

YES! A wee bit rushed this season lol but it's been a fantastic journey. Very Happy We are not worthy!
Gonna miss it. Crying or Very sad
Probably my 2nd favourite tv series ever.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Charlie wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Game. Of. Thrones.
FUCKING AWEOME!!!!

YES! A wee bit rushed this season lol but it's been a fantastic journey. Very Happy We are not worthy!

It didn't really feel rushed to me. I think that's because the episodes were nice & long.
I also got the feeling they left a few possibilities for spin offs. Especially with Arya going on her adventure.
TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Charlie wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Game. Of. Thrones.
FUCKING AWEOME!!!!

It didn't really feel rushed to me. I think that's because the episodes were nice & long.
I also got the feeling they left a few possibilities for spin offs. Especially with Arya going on her adventure.

I am gonna miss it too. It was an incredible journey that has not ended in books at least, even though some plot points revealed in tv series.

Arya's going adventure should be a short movie that shows her boat drop in the edge of a flat earth, that would be amazing Mr. Green
I hope that this is the end for that characters, anything added in that ASOIAF seems far fetched.
There are many things that could have a potential from the previous history of Westeros though Rolling Eyes Wierded Out like Targaryen conquest or the Dance of Dragons civil war of Targaryens or the story of the Long Winter and the original White Walkers and Azor Ahay We are not worthy!
Zacharias

PostPost #6  Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually forgot that I started watching the What We Do in the Shadows series and got bored. Love the movie. Didn't really enjoy this.
Love the idea with the energy vampire. Didn't really enjoy the execution. Would rather it be a cameo of sorts or if they executed it better. Yada yada.

eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #7  Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:
Actually forgot that I started watching the What We Do in the Shadows series and got bored. Love the movie. Didn't really enjoy this.
Love the idea with the energy vampire. Didn't really enjoy the execution. Would rather it be a cameo of sorts or if they executed it better. Yada yada.

as a huge fan of the film i'm disappointed i haven't heard of the series. even more disappointed to hear you dont rate it. might still give it a go though.
Zacharias

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Zacharias wrote:

as a huge fan of the film i'm disappointed i haven't heard of the series. even more disappointed to hear you dont rate it. might still give it a go though.

I was also very surprised I didn't hear of this earlier than I did.
But yes, give it a go, but don't expect it to hold the bar at the same height as the movie. Reading on the forums here I seem to be a lot more picky than most people writing...
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A co-worker was on a Netflix reality show Nailed It! (no not that kind of reality show - it's a cake baking competition)

That cakes were truly absurd.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #10  Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
A co-worker was on a Netflix reality show Nailed It! (no not that kind of reality show - it's a cake baking competition)

I love that show.
A blessed relief from the bake off & other up themselves cooking shows & unrelentlessly funny

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #11  Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:

I love that show.
A blessed relief from the bake off & other up themselves cooking shows & unrelentlessly funny

Watch season 3, episode 6 - this was a fashion theme. With predicable results. My co-worker, Everard, is a really nice guy, even if his favorite Sisters song is More.
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #12  Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zacharias wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Zacharias wrote:

But yes, give it a go, but don't expect it to hold the bar at the same height as the movie. Reading on the forums here I seem to be a lot more picky than most people writing...

I was pleasantly surprised by this actually; not least because Matt Berry is in it. The fact that the characters are all different was initally off-putting but soon overtaken by the at_times quite hilariously preposterous stories.
Afflikönig
Road Kill

PostPost #13  Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Adulterer on All4, I'm a sucker for just about everything Walter Presents
An
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #14  Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Charlie wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Game. Of. Thrones.
FUCKING AWEOME!!!!

It was rushed like f**k with a tons of logical holes. Was already discussed in many forums. I see it like a band where the main songwriter were doing stuff (first 4-5 seasons) until he left and than the other musicians had to do something on their own (last 2 seasons) which contained some nice moments but wasn´t the same anymore. But the legend was already settled with the first 5 albums.
Charlie

PostPost #15  Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched the Game of Thrones 'making of' documentary and towards the end what pops up - 'This Corrosion'

Game Of Thrones and The Sisters Of Mercy, two of my favourite things together - well not quite - they used the Lampchop cover version!

Laughing Laughing
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Charlie wrote:

Just watched the Game of Thrones 'making of' documentary and towards the end what pops up - 'This Corrosion'

Game Of Thrones and The Sisters Of Mercy, two of my favourite things together - well not quite - they used the Lampchop cover version!

Laughing Laughing

That was a cracking docco to watch. A blessed change from a 2 hour bore fest full of nerds "explaining" how they do the CGI dragons & flames & all that stuff.
Really good to see all the machinations that went on physically with the props, stunts, logistics, extras & even the food van (where that rogue cup came from).
Moreover, I think it's the first time I've seen Vladimír Furdík out of his make up & talking.
TheCureCommunity
Charlie

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Laughing Laughing

That was a cracking docco to watch. A blessed change from a 2 hour bore fest full of nerds "explaining" how they do the CGI dragons & flames & all that stuff.
Really good to see all the machinations that went on physically with the props, stunts, logistics, extras & even the food van (where that rogue cup came from).
Moreover, I think it's the first time I've seen Vladimír Furdík out of his make up & talking.

Yep, i agree, glad they didn't do the whole sit down interview thing, just went with it. Would be amazing to be involved in something like Game Of Thrones. There's even a 'Head Of Snow' guy - he got to fly out to Spain just to sprinkle a few flakes round! Laughing And those Stark crew jackets were so cool - i want!!
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Charlie wrote:

Yep, i agree, glad they didn't do the whole sit down interview thing, just went with it. Would be amazing to be involved in something like Game Of Thrones. There's even a 'Head Of Snow' guy - he got to fly out to Spain just to sprinkle a few flakes round! Laughing And those Stark crew jackets were so cool - i want!!

A surprise to see Sophie Ellis Bextor among the extras too.
& I want one of the tiger bread things.
NOW!
Laughing
TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've come across a German show called Bohemian Browser Ballett - there's vids on that there YouTube - it's some supremely funny sh*t, some of them have subtitles in case you don't sprechen sie deutsch.

Perhaps my fave is this one - The Instagram Begger.
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #20  Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Charlie wrote:
Pista wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Directed by the awesome Jeanie Finlay, so no wonder it was very, very good. Very Happy https://www.jeaniefinlay.com/

https://youtu.be/WdJb-FmpmNY - Sound it Out

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
Zacharias

PostPost #21  Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Zacharias wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Zacharias wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised by this actually; not least because Matt Berry is in it. The fact that the characters are all different was initally off-putting but soon overtaken by the at_times quite hilariously preposterous stories.

I as well have a fondness for Matt Berry, but alas...it did not save this series for me. Glad you liked it though!
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #22  Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

brilliant!
TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #23  Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh goodie — I’ll be trapped for the next 2 weeks - non weight bearing & I’m far too clumsy to use crutches on stairs —while I get over my foot surgery
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #24  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:

brilliant!

All 6 episodes on usb, coffee ready in a big cup etc and the marathon starts Mr. Green
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #25  Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iesus wrote:
Pista wrote:

brilliant!

All 6 episodes on usb, coffee ready in a big cup etc and the marathon starts Mr. Green

Wow - can’t believe how good this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: