Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
GW2 - Deadline Saturday 17th August 11.30 am
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

PostPost #26  Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Planet Dave wrote:

I'd not even heard of Norwich last season!

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Evil or Very Mad

Norwich is blooming lovely, even though I say it myself. Beats most of yer other cities for most things. Not so easy to get to, but there's probably a reason for that. Laughing

Keep an eye on that Cantwell lad for the future. He didn't start much last season as he's very young, but he's really come on. Been watching him for a while. Wouldn't be surprised if he's being watched by England. Local players for local clubs!
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #27  Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't be offended Boss, it was only a coupla seasons back I found out there was another team in Manchester.
ROBBIE
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #28  Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Planet Dave wrote:
Don't be offended Boss, it was only a coupla seasons back I found out there was another team in Manchester.

You mean the ones in red.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #29  Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ROBBIE wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:

You mean the ones in red.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bloody Oi! Laughing
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

PostPost #30  Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*is amused*
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #31  Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neves with a screamer
& I changed him out for Zaha this week Neutral
TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #32  Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Neves with a screamer
& I changed him out for Zaha this week Neutral

Makes you question why you bother when that sh1t rolls dunnit? Makes me question existence sometimes. As does allowing that big chunk of ego that calls itself Pogba to take a frickin penalty after that other lad handled the repsonsibility pretty well last w/e. Muppets, glad I was busy doing house-movey things instead.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

PostPost #33  Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GW2 was quite interesting, right?
Not as interesting as Steve's and Graham's grappling with The Spreadsheet after FPL made some changes on how they show their data. Our brave lads sorted it all out, but FPL need to not break things that weren't broken. There's a lot of very difficult number crunching behind all this elegant prose, ya know. Both are exhausted but responding well to beer, tea, cake and/or sausage sandwiches.

Let's see, now. Arsenal won 2-1 with Aubameyang and Lacazette back together, but Ceballos worth a watch with 2 assists. All sorts of team gossip and chat going on this week at the Arse, Kroenke coming out to give his take. Grealish managed an assist at Villa, who got beaten by Bournemouth, but they did force 6 saves and won the bonus point contest, at least. Not good so far but signs of life. I missed the highlights of Brighton v Spam. Sorry. Was it any good? Everton put a single goal past Watford, with Digne looking good until he got a knock.

Norwich played at home for the first time this season, giving a bit of a shock to seasoned PLers Toon. Pukki with three caused a price rise, and young Cantwell shared the plaudits and bonus points. Shelvey spoiled it but there's that defence again. Liverpool/Mané made slightly heavy weather against Southampton, which they should have really won easily. Ings popped up to make all Pool defender owners sigh, but signs from Firmino and Milner helped dispel the gloom. Palace did a Dammit at the Blades' pad, Chelsea's Mount scored and apparently is England material now, and Vardy is having a Kane August. Wolves came back from Europe victorious and pegged Utd back. Pogba's penalty dreadful, and so was the racist abuse he got for it. Funny how it takes a Pogba to be abused before Twitter will get involved - he was the third in a week to suffer it and countless go before him. Fingers crossed something useful happens.

Naturally I'm happy that VAR caught the handball by Laporte. The teams were more evenly matched than anticipated on the day, but if the goal had stood it might have been fair if completely gutting. Whatever side you're VAR-ing towards, that handball rule is awful, and fans in the stadium need to be much better informed of what's going on. I heard lots of really good discussion on the radio this week about what goes on behind the scenes, so the people that rang up and moaned after that looked like complete idiots. The fact remains that City are down two points after GW2, and they could be crucial.

Tables! I'm smiling even more this week as IGM make a clean sweep Very Happy. Here's the classic, showing us 50 odd points ahead

The Yellow Jersey is on Ederson Volleys

Whilst the Big Shout Out goes to Bad Sasquatch FC with 63.

In the H2H, IGM scored fewer than EIB and BB&S, but still top!

The Crown is with Ederson Volleys again this week

Well done all, and off to the Shed you go! As you pick up your coffee to set off, spare a thoought for Bury FC, who may not be in existence by the time you read this, and for Bolton Wanderers, whose managerial staff walked out yesterday in despair.
May your team ever be blessed with good owners.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #34  Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Huge" protests at Bury's ground today

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #35  Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some Saudi Prince should buy them and turn them into the number one team in Manchester. It's a tried and tested solution. As for the current players, I wonder if any of them are any good at cricket? Jobs going there.

Good luck this w/e strangest things Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: