Sisters' 1982 Peel Session released on Spotify

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

The Sisters' 1982 Peel Session, finally released by the BBC: https://open.spotify.com/album/6G7TJnef3i2Yc0bj9UIwaU

(This means that Good Things has finally been officially released.)
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Also available on amazon.co.uk and the UK iTunes store:

www.amazon.co.uk/John-Peel-Session-Sist ... KAkK-Ya7Kk

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/john-p ... UCpVbcOfxE

However - not available for people outside the UK. I have an account on amazon.co.uk but they don't except my order even after setting the delivery adress to the Warner office in the UK (haha). They asked me to apply a credit card connected with an adress in the UK so my "German" master card did not work. I then bought a gift voucher which was not accepted either. F*** you amazon...

Same with iTunes - not available in the German shop and when I switch to the UK shop they send me back to the German shop when I try to order.

So I tried all "legal" ways". Anyone willing to buy it and "make it available" to other people? ;D
Last edited by Christian on 30 Aug 2019, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Someone on Twitter just said they had the same problem from the US

Unless there's some issue with what international rights the BBC has to the recordings then I suspect it'll be made available globally very soon
Swinnow
Overbomber

Interesting it's via Rhino. Does this mean it's part of the original selling off of rights to recordings or is it an extension of that deal?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Swinnow
Overbomber

Interesting it's via Rhino. Does this mean it's part of the original selling off of rights to recordings or is it an extension of that deal?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

lazarus corporation wrote:Unless there's some issue with what international rights the BBC has to the recordings...
I think that will be it. :|
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Do they still release The Peal Sessions on vinyl? I presume not. But it would be nice. 8)
The Chancer Corporation
robertzombie
Overbomber

Pista
Cureboi

waterisnat posted the pre FM tape transfer on dime a couple of weeks back, but buggered if I can find the link now.

Slightly odd that they have spelt Floorshow as two words
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

Exciting times!

At this rate we'll get the complete Hamburg 90 show in 2027
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

^^ Optimist
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
andreww100
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:waterisnat posted the pre FM tape transfer on dime a couple of weeks back, but buggered if I can find the link now.
DIME banned the torrent as they claimed the BBC 6 Music was not lossless, hence he should not have distributed it as a FLAC.

The DIME admins seem to put an amazing amount of energy into looking at posts. There must be an army of them.

He plans to challenge. Now of course they may claim there is an official release of the tracks!

If that does not work, we can post a Mega link.
robertzombie
Overbomber

If it's the same pre-FM transfer shared on the 80/85 group then it's the same transfer available officially.
waterisnat
Road Kill

[quote="robertzombie"]If it's the same pre-FM transfer shared on the 80/85 group then it's the same transfer available officially.[/quote]

And so it is.