Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
2019-09-16, Antwerpen, Belgium. Near Meth Experience
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #126  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet Jesus. 20 years late but arrived just the same!
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #127  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Phantasmagoria wrote:
Husek wrote:
Kickline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns84AWW-kuw

We are not worthy!

Beautiful - didn't expect it to be an instrumental. But, just beautiful. Reminds me, in parts, of '70s Italian horror soundtrack maestros Goblin.

I'm guessing from Andrew's intro, which I couldn’t quite make out but there was something about words, that it will have vocals eventually...

“We’re still arguing about the words for this one... so this is what you get.”
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #128  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Catchy tunes... Better Reptile is the best one imho Thanks for the uploads!!! We are not worthy!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #129  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Without my typical a-positive attutude, I must admit that all new songs sound good. Plus, this, closest to album version of I was wrong is also great, reminds me why i like this one the most.

Plus, AE sings and his voice is audiable, as for TSOM standards.

I'm looking forward to see them in 3 weeks in mein Stadt.
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #130  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like this. It makes me smile. The tunes sounds very retro 80/90s., everybody likes that.

Thanks to Dylan there's still hope. Smile
abraxas
Road Kill

PostPost #131  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully this is the start of something special
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

PostPost #132  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hellboy69 wrote:
czuczu wrote:
Cam I ask a practical question at this point, do any of the titles have vocals or is it all instrumental?

Show Me & Better Reptile have vocals.

https://www.facebook.com/marc.antheunis/videos/10211692758993507?sfns=mo

https://www.facebook.com/marc.antheunis/videos/10211692919917530/

No video of Kickline.... yet. Thanks again to the taper/s! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

The first thing that struck me when looking at Show Me is how much the guitarist resembles the guitarist of French retrosynth band Carpenter Brut...

https://flic.kr/p/28jm2hd

Now, seeing that Carpenter Brut is very well known for mimicking that 90s era cock-rock the Sisters used to play, I guess it is more the other way around! Mr. Green

IZ.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #133  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This can't be Heartland. We all sound happy! 😉 Great stuff. New material sounds fab. Looking forward to that there London at the weekend! Our fearless leader!
Izzy HaveMercy

PostPost #134  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been listening to this for a couple of hours now, and I have to admit I was pretty pleased with three new songs on the playlist....

... but I'm going to have to do a Ja~mes (TM) here. :/

"Better Reptile" should be called "Worse Summer", apart from the catchy lyric, its just a hollowed out version of "Summer", even sounds a bit like "Dr. Jeep".

"Kickline" shows the most potential, but it is still just a good riff idea, not a complete and full song, something other bands will never come out of the rehearsal room with, only to show to their friends and grandma maybe. Finish the songs, make them complete, then blow us away, Sisters.

I feel you can!

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

PostPost #135  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

abridged wrote:
This can't be Heartland. We all sound happy! 😉

So there, with my previous post, I fixed that for you... Laughing Twisted Evil

IZ.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #136  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow.
I really like all 3. I hope they stop arguing about the words for Kickline because I think it will be a firm fave for a lot of people when it gets some.
Thanks so much for al the filmers & for posting the clips. We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
TheCureCommunity
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #137  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
abridged wrote:

IZ.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Flying Bat! Flying Bat! Flying Bat! Flying Bat! Flying Bat!
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #138  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
abridged wrote:

IZ.

Laughing I walked on in to that!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #139  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So, this is feeling that I got with both "new instrumental" instrumantal, even though, Worse Summer is still something good, probalby bacaus it's something new.
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #140  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just had my first listen, baby steps but they're not fully blossomed songs yet. Wonder how Chris feels about this sudden activity :/

More excited about next Saturday now Smile
majorsixth
Road Kill

PostPost #141  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love Show Me in particular. On 1st impression the lyrical style feels as though it's become even more direct and less ambiguous since the last new songs.

Thanks to everyone who shared videos!
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #142  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New songs, amazing and shocking. Music is great,too bad about his master's voice. But nothing they can't fix in the studio Wink
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #143  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the voice is fine.

Obviously a crappy phone camera isn't going to catch the full experience, but even from that it's obviously substantially clearer and more upfront than it has been for a long time. Just hoping that Von and the band can sustain that momentum now, but I certainly do wish them the best with the direction they're currently going in.
Charlie

PostPost #144  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!!

So tired last night, went to bed without hearing the new songs.
Dreamt about The Sisters all last night and then wake up to these videos....

I bloomin' love them, this is amazing, more than i could have hoped for, i've not been this excited for a loooooong time, i actually feel quite emotional about all this!! Very Happy

I love The Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy! Very Happy We are not worthy!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #145  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

czuczu wrote:
Wonder how Chris feels about this sudden activity :/

So do I
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #146  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, and it's, yet, another field of speculations.
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #147  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
czuczu wrote:
Wonder how Chris feels about this sudden activity :/

So do I

Well I guess one of us could always ask him Wink I'm sure you'll bump into him again before I do. I'd imagine he wouldn't have been overfussed whilst he was touring Europe supporting Metallica, but yep no point in idle speculation, next one to see him asks him.
Izzy HaveMercy

PostPost #148  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some nice pictures on the Trix Facebook page Smile

IZ.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #149  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Been listening to this for a couple of hours now, and I have to admit I was pretty pleased with three new songs on the playlist....

... but I'm going to have to do a Ja~mes (TM) here. :/

"Better Reptile" should be called "Worse Summer", apart from the catchy lyric, its just a hollowed out version of "Summer", even sounds a bit like "Dr. Jeep".

"Kickline" shows the most potential, but it is still just a good riff idea, not a complete and full song, something other bands will never come out of the rehearsal room with, only to show to their friends and grandma maybe. Finish the songs, make them complete, then blow us away, Sisters.

I feel you can!

IZ.

Period.

Wasn't Simon Gallup the one who said that The Cure became the best Cure tribute band yet?

To me, these 'Trix' recordings could belong to a mediocre northern European goth rock combo that mentions the sisters in the bio. It's no industrial groove machine (anymore), it's a drum pattern and some humming along with a (hair) metal sound at best.

I saw the Sisters many times and have beautiful memories (Rock Zottegem, Lokeren, 013, Melkweg etc), but these demo songs belong to a grim reaper in a suburban vape store.

But no longer in 2019, but in 1999, DOS-style. That website funk style becomes more and more annoying to me.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #150  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dinky daisy wrote:
Wasn't Simon Gallup the one who said that The Cure became the best Cure tribute band yet?
IMO The Sisters aren't even the best Sisters tribute band these days...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2019 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: