Gift reissue plus extras

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

so have the kings of the terminally clueless got the f**king mix right this time? that CD is an abomination especially Rain From Heaven.
However as its cheaper than a copy of the official CD (which i have got also) i am tempted but need a review please. my 2 copies of the original vinyl are in storage. the mint bought on the day of its release copy is being saved indefinitely until i can get a top quality deck. & the 2nd hand copy i got for a £1 from a car boot is entombed with a special friends remains. as is right and proper. Lest We Forget... :von:
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 19 Feb 2024, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
mh
Above the Chemist

By all accounts: no.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid

mh wrote: 19 Feb 2024, 01:02 By all accounts: no.
yo Michae!. no its not fixed or no its not an abomination? ive literally got a copy sat in a basket online

mh
Above the Chemist

I've a copy of the vinyl coming, but to be honest I'm really only buying it for the postcard. I don't even know if I'm gonna get the postcard. This is what we're reduced to.

Meantime I still have the original on vinyl which still sounds perfectly good. It's great if new fans could have the opportunity to buy a decent physical copy, but they don’t. Kicks up the arse all round.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 20:05
Pat wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 17:49 Silver Vinyl available 8/3/24 1000 copies
Preorder
https://cadizmerchstore.com/products/th ... 9972&_ss=r
At this stage it's amazing Cadiz haven't renamed it Grift :|
:lol: :lol: :lol:

eastmidswhizzkid

mh wrote: 19 Feb 2024, 01:09 I've a copy of the vinyl coming, but to be honest I'm really only buying it for the postcard. I don't even know if I'm gonna get the postcard. This is what we're reduced to.

Meantime I still have the original on vinyl which still sounds perfectly good. It's great if new fans could have the opportunity to buy a decent physical copy, but they don’t. Kicks up the arse all round.
think i'm going to vote with my cost of living payment & go for it cuz its new. numbered & silver. & cheaper than an hour with a russian cam model. :innocent:

EDIT: well done trhere Whizz you fucktard. thats another wank youre gonna have to fuel with babestation ...FORTY THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH...Destroy personnel

eastmidswhizzkid

of course if these c**t had ANY class it would be a limited edition of 1,000 numbered from 24,000 to 25,000

Being645
Above the Chemist

Gothicbiff wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 17:10 My copy has just arrived too. Number 526 of 1000
I'm a bit underwhelmed. The silver vinyl looks more like pale grey to me. Oh well :?
Well, mine is not silver like chrome, but matt silver with some sparkling ... so that's ok... :) ...
eastmidswhizzkid

in your own time ladies looking forward to an informed and intelligent critique of the goods @Being645 and @Gothicbiff :kiss: :notworthy:

DomConway
Filth

I am told it’s the same dodgy mixes as the last CD/vinyl release so won’t be bothering myself
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 19 Feb 2024, 09:55 in your own time ladies looking forward to an informed and intelligent critique of the goods @Being645 and @Gothicbiff :kiss: :notworthy:
Lee, you mean I should actually play it :lol: :wink: :wink:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Husek

I got my copy a couple of weeks ago, I'd say it's 100% identical to the transparent vinyl copy I got last year, same mix, same everything.
I wouldn't call the vinyl silver, it's like...gray with sparkly spots.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
mh
Above the Chemist

I ended up with a clear copy. No postcard. I'm disgusted, but only have myself to blame. I really wanted that postcard though. :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm even more disappointed by the general overall shoddiness of this now, because the vinyl sounds fantastic. This could have been a definitive release of the LP if care and attention had been paid to the content.
Husek

mh wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 18:19 I ended up with a clear copy. No postcard. I'm disgusted, but only have myself to blame. I really wanted that postcard though. :lol:
Eh I might look into my drawers, I'm pretty sure I have at least 3 of those postcards, I can send it you if I find a spare one.
Project Personal Dok
eastmidswhizzkid

Gothicbiff wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 14:45
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 19 Feb 2024, 09:55 in your own time ladies looking forward to an informed and intelligent critique of the goods @Being645 and @Gothicbiff :kiss: :notworthy:
Lee, you mean I should actually play it :lol: :wink: :wink:
being my own worst enemy in these situations i bought it anyway! :lol: after seeing @mh 's post i might not even open mine in case i resell it (though i doubt that will happen either :roll: :lol: )
mh wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 18:19 I ended up with a clear copy. No postcard. I'm disgusted, but only have myself to blame. I really wanted that postcard though. :lol:
This would REALLY piss me off i have to say. :evil:

GC
Slight Overbomber

My postcard was just loose in the package.... not in the record sleeve. Almost threw it away by mistake.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

GC wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 22:57
My postcard was just loose in the package.... not in the record sleeve. Almost threw it away by mistake.
Is this the postcard that was given away at the merch stand a couple of years ago promoting the release, or a different one?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
eastmidswhizzkid

Mine's arrived. Vinyl is silver, it's numbered (275 of 1000), but no postcard. Not too fussed about the postcard apart from the fact that its meant to be there and isnt. Something small that leapt out at me which i wasnt expecting was the silver writing on the sleeve. i would probably find this annoying if i ddnt have the original but as i have its a nice touch. probably nicer aesthetically when you have the silver vinyl not the clear. Havent played it yet.

mh
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 19:30 Mine's arrived. Vinyl is silver, it's numbered (275 of 1000), but no postcard. Not too fussed about the postcard apart from the fact that its meant to be there and isnt. Something small that leapt out at me which i wasnt expecting was the silver writing on the sleeve. i would probably find this annoying if i ddnt have the original but as i have its a nice touch. probably nicer aesthetically when you have the silver vinyl not the clear. Havent played it yet.
Seems everybody's got a different one, so. What a clusterf--k. I'm probably most annoyed that it sounds better than the original, and if it wasn't for the flaws in the mixes and fades would have been a definitive edition. But hey, we're Sisters fans, we're used to this.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh well, a postcard was included to mine ... but it's nothing one can write something on, except with a white marker ... though, what a waste would that be ... anyway, here are some hi-res pics ... :wink: ...

GC
Slight Overbomber

The postcard side with the text "what you have...." etc does also... if you look carefully have in faint letters "The Sisterhood" and "Gift" in the backgorund. Or have I got a very rare one....
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh, let me check ... :eek: ...
It has, but I didn't notice and thought it were dust ...
from my scanner, which I removed very, very thoroughly ... :lol: ...
GC
Slight Overbomber

For anybody interested you can also buy the test pressings

https://cadizmerchstore.com/products/th ... pify_email
Husek

GC wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 15:42 For anybody interested you can also buy the test pressings

https://cadizmerchstore.com/products/th ... pify_email
for that kind of money, I can actually get a mint 1986 original pressing. at this point, Cadiz is just trying too hard to milk this licensing deal.
Project Personal Dok