2020-03-10. O2 Academy, Leeds UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1301
Joined: 07 Jun 2004, 19:11
Location: stratford upon avon

Swinnow wrote:You're a blimmin g*th elamanamou and I claim my £5.[


I’m not a goth I smile!! :P
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5230
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Charlie wrote:I've also done my neck in after this gig, felt a little achy after and it's gradually got worse, now it's so stiff i can hardly move it, god knows what i've done! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: mate that's a pretty natural consequence of spending 90 minutes rocking the fk out on the front row of a Sisters gig. Wear your fckd neck like a badge of honour! As Swinnow says, the complete experience :notworthy:
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1210
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Planet Dave wrote:
Charlie wrote:I've also done my neck in after this gig, felt a little achy after and it's gradually got worse, now it's so stiff i can hardly move it, god knows what i've done! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: mate that's a pretty natural consequence of spending 90 minutes rocking the fk out on the front row of a Sisters gig. Wear your fckd neck like a badge of honour! As Swinnow says, the complete experience :notworthy:
Bloomin' thing is so bad, think i've strained something, couldn't sleep last night, could hardly even put my head on the pillow!

I was all prepared to come back with zombie flu, never expected zombie neck! :lol: :lol:

But yeah, it was so worth it, i'm still buzzing :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5230
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Charlie wrote:Bloomin' thing is so bad, think i've strained something, couldn't sleep last night, could hardly even put my head on the pillow!

I was all prepared to come back with zombie flu, never expected zombie neck! :lol: :lol:

But yeah, it was so worth it, i'm still buzzing :lol: :lol:
Fab that you're still buzzing Charlie, cos your looking at a week of Thunderbird puppeting it around with that neck. Wheat bags, and plenty of 'em ;D
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12569
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 74,4%,

Charlie wrote:Heartlanders post gig drinks! Photo from elamanamou with permission to post!

Featuring from left to right: EmmaPeelWannaBe, Charlie, Planet Dave, eastmidswhizzkid, elamanamou, SmileySister, paint it black, mh and Swinnow

And not forgetting the flag of course! :lol: :lol:

Image
... :lol: ... what a great photo ... :lol: ... I think I've seen at least half you before somewhere ... :lol: ...
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1210
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Ok , elamanamou wants me to post another group photo so here it is :lol:

Think this might actually be your photo MH?! I don't know, i'm just the messenger! :lol:

Image
Last edited by Charlie on 14 Mar 2020, 19:54, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14106
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Lots of smiles there.
Letting the goth side down somewhat :innocent:

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5230
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

8) :notworthy: classic post-gig pic, what a rum bunch! :D the flag was a welcome sight in the window of the Old Nag's Head last Saturday, bloody hell a week ago already :?
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1301
Joined: 07 Jun 2004, 19:11
Location: stratford upon avon

Never laughed so much :lol: Great for Charlie her first sisters gig and she got the setlist :notworthy:
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7465
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: A civilized European city

Charlie wrote:Ok , elamanamou wants me to post another group photo so here it is :lol:

Think this might actually be your photo MH?! I don't know, i'm just the messenger! :lol:

Image
Yeah, that's one of mine. :notworthy:
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7763
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

well whats to add except i also had a fabulous time. the band were great but i found that wherever i was (and i moved around a lot) the crowd seemed incredibly underwhelmed. didnt stop me having a great night though.
more importantly was a great night with good friends: if i try and name you all i'll miss someone out so i'll assume you know who you are and thank you for it! special mention to planet dave though for being my partner in crime and putting me up for the night- boy did i need that sleep! :notworthy:
"nowadays everybody talks like they got something to say
but nothing comes out when they move their lips
-just a bunch of gibberish-
and everybody acts like they forgot about GARY MARX"

:bat:
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2475
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: Self-isolating from feral Guinea Pigs

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: ....but i found that wherever i was (and i moved around a lot) the crowd seemed incredibly underwhelmed. didnt stop me having a great night though....
That's bloody Yorkshire for you :lol:

A good show imho continuing their upward curve of the last 18months after year upon year of repetition.

Hopefully may give Von the confidence to get back in the studio. Am sure his friends Justin Sullivan et al could pass on useful tips regarding self-financing such endeavours for "Yorkshire" bands on a limited budget in 2020.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1210
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

I can't believe this was a week ago already! What an emotional day on so many levels!
I want to go back in time. :cry:

My neck is finally starting to come back to life but my brain is still away in the clouds!
Thanks to the truly marvellous Ingo and Mr Blonde we have the youtube videos to gorge on, which i have done repeatedly. ;D

That Intro into But Genevieve video is probably my favourite now, gives me major goosebumbs everytime - the first song from my first gig, it will always be a special one, i can't tell you how amazing that felt!

:D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

I think that intro is everybody's favourite right now, it's more than just an intro, it's a symbol of the confident return of the Sisters as an active band, and this in Leeds :notworthy:
And yes Ingo and Mr.Blonde have given us non-attenders immense pleasure :D
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12569
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 74,4%,

euphoria wrote:And yes Ingo and Mr.Blonde have given us non-attenders immense pleasure :D
While this is very true, I must add that there are many more individual contributors at venues all over the tours, who also bring to us great videos and everything.
MrBlonde and Ingo for sure avail of the capacities to do a lot of songs at many gigs, but definitely not all and not everywhere. And I think, our thanks should likewise
go to all those less named indviduals uploading stuff as well ... so many greetings and thank you very much to all the other lovely uploaders from here as well ...
you all are doing a great and heroic job as well!!! ... ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D...
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1210
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Being645 wrote:
euphoria wrote:And yes Ingo and Mr.Blonde have given us non-attenders immense pleasure :D
While this is very true, I must add that there are many more individual contributors at venues all over the tours, who also bring to us great videos and everything.
MrBlonde and Ingo for sure avail of the capacities to do a lot of songs at many gigs, but definitely not all and not everywhere. And I think, our thanks should likewise
go to all those less named indviduals uploading stuff as well ... so many greetings and thank you very much to all the other lovely uploaders from here as well ...
you all are doing a great and heroic job as well!!! ... ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D...
Of course, i only mentioned them specifically because they have been so spot on in capturing all the new songs for us!

Anyone, anywhere that takes time out to record footage for us and share with us in amazing!

:D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

True that, but these guys have raised the quality of the recordings to unprecedented levels, and have made them available to all directly after the gig.

I would also like to mention this recorder, Thomas Vanderstappen (is he on HL?) while I'm at it, amazing recordings of the Brussel gigs last year, his Susanne video from then one of my all time favourites :notworthy:

https://www.youtube.com/user/thomasvand ... shelf_id=0

And then the general technology development has meant it's possible for anyone to make totally ok recordings just with the mobile phone. It wasn't quite that easy 5 years ago :oops: ;D
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1210
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5230
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Charlie wrote:A few more Leeds videos have appeared:


Temple Of Love - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uXJ9EdFOWY

Alice- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yty-gW-ahV4

More - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfC2oeZy61s
8) :notworthy:
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1301
Joined: 07 Jun 2004, 19:11
Location: stratford upon avon

Being645 wrote:
Charlie wrote:Heartlanders post gig drinks! Photo from elamanamou with permission to post!

Featuring from left to right: EmmaPeelWannaBe, Charlie, Planet Dave, eastmidswhizzkid, elamanamou, SmileySister, paint it black, mh and Swinnow

And not forgetting the flag of course! :lol: :lol:

Image
... :lol: ... what a great photo ... :lol: ... I think I've seen at least half you before somewhere ... :lol: ...

Totally Unbelievable what can happen in a couple of weeks. Makes me sad, buy hey the sun will shine again and the party will continue for The Anniversary gigs next year! Keep well :kiss:
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1210
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

elamanamou wrote:
Totally Unbelievable what can happen in a couple of weeks. Makes me sad, buy hey the sun will shine again and the party will continue for The Anniversary gigs next year! Keep well :kiss:
I know right! And makes me appreciate so much more how lucky i was to get to see them, an absolutely amazing night, fingers crossed it will happen again next year! :D
User avatar
Memphis Rich
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 145
Joined: 17 Jul 2010, 23:45

I like the treadmill idea Planet Dave, but maybe he could have one of those new exercise bikes:

"Meanwhile on the Peloton..."
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5230
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Memphis Rich wrote:I like the treadmill idea Planet Dave, but maybe he could have one of those new exercise bikes:

"Meanwhile on the Peloton..."
:lol:
User avatar
ruffers
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1921
Joined: 24 Jan 2005, 16:43
Location: At home - but you knew that didn't you?

Memphis Rich wrote:I like the treadmill idea Planet Dave, but maybe he could have one of those new exercise bikes:

"Meanwhile on the Peloton..."
Nice
2019 - London London Brussels Brussels Stockholm Paris Utrecht
2020 - Leeds & Nottingham, so far anyway. And Frankfurt. And Manchester with huge thanks to Gothicbiff

Not Frankfurt
Post Reply