Where are you off to? Enquiring minds need to know

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
XidiouX
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Holly Johnson, Glasgow Pavilion 19th October.

Always loved FGTH and Holly's incredible voice. Never thought this would happen but there you go, in October I'll be seeing him for the first time.

"Astronauts in love" ya b*stards. :wink:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i went to see cg8 the other night, that was fun. Swans this week.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

going to a festival coming weekend organised by friends of ours. including the camping in tents ho hum....just hoping the weather gods will be smiling on us and don't give us too much rain as i'm in no mood to sleep in the car....
maybe two bottles of the gods honey is in order then...🤔
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Well, hell - on the spur of the moment, I've booked a flight to Dublin for late October.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
ruffers
Overbomber

Sisters
18/11 Newcastle
21/11 Manchester
23/11 Glasgow
1/12 Leftfield Leeds
8/12 PWEI - Old Woollen Farsley
8/2 Stewart Lee, Playhouse Leeds - I saw the second date of this show years ago in London so will be interested to see how it's changed.
10/2 Ladyhawke - Brudenell
24/5 Blancmange Brudenell

Particularly looking forward to Blancmange. And Leftfield in a nice and small 1000 capacity venue,
Last edited by ruffers on 12 Oct 2023, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 22:20 Sisters
18/11 Newcastle
21/11 Manchester
23/11 Glasgow
1/12 Leftfield Leeds

Particularly looking forward to Blancmange. And Leftfield in a nice and small 1000 capacity venue,
Where are Leftfield on at? Frikkin' LOVE them, their gig at Manchester Academy in 2010 is in my top 3 ever, any band 8) :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
ruffers
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 22:41
ruffers wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 22:20 Sisters
18/11 Newcastle
21/11 Manchester
23/11 Glasgow
1/12 Leftfield Leeds

Where are Leftfield on at? Frikkin' LOVE them, their gig at Manchester Academy in 2010 is in my top 3 ever, any band 8) :notworthy:
New venue I think called Project House
ExPsichonaut
Road Kill

27 october Marco Mengoni in Frankfurt
28 october Pink Turns Blue in Stuttgart

Saw this year: Mish, The Cult, Depeche mode, PIL, Iron Maiden, Placebo, Black Eyed Peas
violet hour
Road Kill

Upcoming: Actors, though I wish they had Leathers on this tour now I'm finally on a continent they play on. Skeletal Family maybe, date clash ugh. Subhumans. Skinny Puppy finally!
Damaged+Done
Road Kill

Slowdive in Belfast next week - can't wait. New album is superb
Damaged+Done
Road Kill

ruffers wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 22:20
After years of only thinking I knew Living On The Ceiling and their sublime take on The Day Before You Came, I've started delving into Blancmange's back catalogue. They are so good! Do you know what they're like live because that could be a good one to catch?
ruffers
Overbomber

Damaged+Done wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 13:17
ruffers wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 22:20
After years of only thinking I knew Living On The Ceiling and their sublime take on The Day Before You Came, I've started delving into Blancmange's back catalogue. They are so good! Do you know what they're like live because that could be a good one to catch?
No idea, will find out then but they do have some great tunes knocking about.

Updates -

4/11 The Streets Leeds
18/11 Sisters Newcastle
19/11 Alabama 3 Leeds
21/11 Sisters Manchester
23/11 Sisters Glasgow
1/12 Leftfield Leeds
2/12 Christmas Murder She Wrote Farsley
13/1 Antenna "Alternative"Fest Farsley incl Diamond Black and Virgin Marys, and Lene Lovich
8/2 Stewart Lee Leeds
10/2 Ladyhawke Leeds
22/3 Echo & The Bunnymen Academy Leeds

That's a busy schedule, I may have been a bit over ambitious... We'll see :eek:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I've got The Streets, Death Cult and Massive Waggons week after next with apossibility of Heaven 17, mixed in with various parent evenings to do. then 5 Darkness gigs, EATB, Seapower and summat else I can't remember, plus some live Hawkins podcast stuff.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Brudenell Social for a Clash tribute act tomorrow.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Deathstars tomorrow in Utrecht, then again in Antwerp on the 14th, then Carnivore AD in Dusseldorf on the 19th and maybe Creeper Dec 7th in Utrecht or the 9th in Cologne, but that's a serious maybe depending on how tired I will be after work stuff. but at least I am finally going to some gigs. Then February will be Wednesday 13th with Cradle but I really just wanna see Wednesday playing Murderdolls. location TBC will have to fly somewhere.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Circle Jerks and the Descendents this week. We'll see how this goes.

We just are starting to get a good run of bands again like the early 90s.
This place is death with walls
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Echo & The Bunnymen, 3rd March, Brighton Dome
Silver_Owl
The Don

Death Cult next Monday at Rock City.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Esprit D'Air at the somewhat legendary Leeds Warehouse, 26th February next year 8) purely out of wanting to support the joyful smiley dude :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
violet hour
Road Kill

LA Witch next week!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 19:42 Esprit D'Air at the somewhat legendary Leeds Warehouse, 26th February next year 8) purely out of wanting to support the joyful smiley dude :notworthy:
Supported by Diamond Black as well, I may pop along to the Nottingham date.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
ruffers
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 19:42 Esprit D'Air at the somewhat legendary Leeds Warehouse, 26th February next year 8) purely out of wanting to support the joyful smiley dude :notworthy:
Seems rude not to go to this
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

ruffers wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 19:03
Seems rude not to go to this
:D

Following this link, there's a discount on them. Says there's only 6 left, dunno if that's relating to this specific offer or overall? Either way, swoop while the swooping's good 8)

edit : oh yeah, the link :innocent: :oops: :lol: https://www.espritdair.com/products/esp ... 3622883462
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Update following the Leftfield gig at Leeds Project House last night - as well as a top gig and a top night in great company, it was nice to discover that Project House is a very tidy little venue, well organised, amazing sound which Leftfield acknowledged as they left the stage, and would make a nice venue for The Sisters if they fancied a change of scene from the usual. Only 1000 capacity but they never seem to sell out wherever they play in Leeds. Or maybe as per the Blank Canvas they put 2 nights on if necessary. Just a thought. Now wondering out of idle curiosity what the capacity was for the Blank Canvas, cant have been much more than 1000, likely smaller.
ExPsichonaut
Road Kill

New Plan for the 2024
April: 30seconds to Mars, Hannover
Deine Cousine, Stuttgart
July: Sting, Stuttgart

Thinking what to Do for Lenny Kravitz, any Suggestion?