Where are you off to? Enquiring minds need to know

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Rantz Hoseley
Road Kill

Good lord, the next two months...

Tonight (April 19th) - Blondie at the Greek
May 3rd - Nothing More at the Belasco Los Angeles
May 7th - Bloodwood at the Echoplex Los Angeles
May 15th - The Sisters at the Palladium in LA
May 23rd - The Sisters at the Palladium in LA
May 25th - The Cure at the Hollywood Bowl
June 2nd - My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult at the Teagram Ballroom in LA.

The back half of June will be a week long nap for this old man.
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

Busy few weeks coming up.....
Lottery Winners 22 April @Warrington
Whitby Goth weekend 28/29/30 April.
VNV Nation 27 May Manchester
Boneyard weekender Blackpool 28/29 May
The Beat + Bow Wow Wow 30 may Liverpool.

My wallet is also empty...!!!
trying to be the person my dog already thinks i am......
Swinnow
Overbomber

March Violets - Old Woollen, Farsley
Levellers - Millenium Square, Leeds
t'Mish - Ritz, Manchester
The Girls - Academy, Manchester
Billy Bragg - Academy, Leeds
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Ghost Dance were really, really good. That is all. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Dead Kennedys next week
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Dead Kennedys were absolutely blumming brilliant.
12 hours between killing the poor and nazis in Cambodia and having to start teaching One Direction song to kids for a concert
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

Teh Mish tonight for the second instalment.
If it's even half as good as last night it's going to be superb
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Some old goff band in LA on the 15th & SF on the 17th.

Cruel World in Pasadena on the 20th.
Damaged+Done
Road Kill

Off to see Loop in Dublin tonight. At least that's the plan but as the afternoon is going to be spent at a whiskey tasting event, the magic 8 ball is currently saying 'Ask again later'
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Diamond black playing at cerne abbas brewery festival in spetember. Unexpected! Definitely thinking of going to this one
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

not music but football. off up to Liverpool on Saturday to watch the womens team play their last game of the season. big party afterwards by the Supportes Club the president of which i am a close personal friend and guest of. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Currently pondering a trip to the Brudenell for a likely painful afternoon watching United v City in the FA Cup final. You've kinda got to, but it might get messy.

edit : fortunately it was sunnier outside than in.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

This week up to Denver to see some obscure band that has an entire Forum dedicated to it. What's with that? ;)

Contemplating a trip to Hawaii if I don't get put in hospital for exhaustion. Maybe just a transfer to policy - where no one wants to go, but doesn't require much effort or thought.

Otherwise, the usual.
This place is death with walls
Rantz Hoseley
Road Kill

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult were f**king aces. They are starting up another leg of their tour and I highly recommend it, if they come to your town. Setlist was mostly the first two albums and 13 Above The Night.

oh, and now we have Love & Rockets on the 20th of this month.

Then we're done with Summer Goff Season.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Supposed to see Franz Ferdinand at a really small venue tonight, but I woke up feeling ill (hopefully just allergies). I've got tickets to see Love and Rockets on Sunday night, and hopefully will be over whatever it is I've got by then (assuming it isn't allergies).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Okay. Now I got this wild hair idea of seeing TSOM in London in September. Anyone know the place they will play in Camden? Decent? Just flat out not worth it? What are the people like?

I saw the Cure in Frankfurt in 1989, grand show. But I lived there so it only cost ticket price.

Thanks for any feedback. :?:

Which show? Or both?
I think if you ask about in the London threads in the 2023 board, you'll get a lot of interesting information :)
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

went to see Ghost with son after getting home from the ladies weekend away. i was tired he hadn't taken his meds since the weekend so came home and when he was talking s**t called him out on it *quite loadly as i shout to bring a message over when i'm tired...anyhoo...
Ghost! never seen them live but did my research after the ins and outs surrounding this place and the rumour that Chris and Ben had played for them in previous years so always excited that there might be a link even if a rumour...
what a f**king incredible performance they put on :notworthy: :bat: :notworthy:
from smoke to fireworks to actual fire and then ended with confetti...i kid you not! i was so pleasantly surprised by their show that was slightly theatrical even i really had an awesome time.
even bought the t-shirt and that means they impressed moi! :notworthy:
if you are friends with me on fb you can see what i mean. look they cover certain songs which i usually am not a fan of but when they do it in their way...f**king ace! they want to entertain the audience which sisters could make a few notes how.
awesome gig, mixed crowd with many fathers there with their daughters but hey hey what a gig! :notworthy:
lol my son thought it would be really hard rock :lol:
son do your research babe! love your boomer mother
:kiss: :twisted:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
primasvisage
Road Kill

if I'm not rain delayed (this isn't a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure after all) I would love to get back to Highland Park (old swinging grounds by Mr T.'s Bowling) and see Mike Watt and the Missingmen. I don't expect him to be wearing a pumpkin on his head , but he's known to indulge Halloween in a serious way that is : astonishing.
look/see, truly a bodily force and so musically minded.
they're opening for Pere Ubu at the Lodge Room on the 22nd of june.

(I don't know Ghost, only from mentioning, but:

)
ongoinging
ruffers
Overbomber

So-

Sisters of Murphy (AV)1/7 Leeds
Sisters of Murphy (RSV) 2/7 Leeds - never seen them before but we're promised two different sets
Rose of Avalanche 13/7 Leeds Brudenell
Swans 19/8 Belgrave Music Hall Leeds
Thus Love 24/8 Brudenell - possibly a bit of a Memorial Device thing?
Public Image Limited 9/9 Old Woollen Farsley
Sisters September
22-23 Roundhouse
26 Paradiso in the 'Dam
27 Utrecht
1/10 Flock of Seagulls Leeds Brudenell
Sisters
21/11 Manchester
23/11 Glasgow
8/12 PWEI - Old Woollen Farsley

That'll do pig, that'll do.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Tangerine Dream - September
M UK - September - small dive of a venue.
ruffers
Overbomber

I've just been offered a free ticket for Morrissey tonight. Will tick a box as I never saw the Smiths or him before but I'm hoping he manages to not get political too soon as I'll be heading out for a burger if he kicks off.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 00:27 went to see Ghost with son after getting home from the ladies weekend away. i was tired he hadn't taken his meds since the weekend so came home and when he was talking s**t called him out on it *quite loadly as i shout to bring a message over when i'm tired...anyhoo...
Ghost! never seen them live but did my research after the ins and outs surrounding this place and the rumour that Chris and Ben had played for them in previous years so always excited that there might be a link even if a rumour...
what a f**king incredible performance they put on :notworthy: :bat: :notworthy:
from smoke to fireworks to actual fire and then ended with confetti...i kid you not! i was so pleasantly surprised by their show that was slightly theatrical even i really had an awesome time.
even bought the t-shirt and that means they impressed moi! :notworthy:
if you are friends with me on fb you can see what i mean. look they cover certain songs which i usually am not a fan of but when they do it in their way...f**king ace! they want to entertain the audience which sisters could make a few notes how.
awesome gig, mixed crowd with many fathers there with their daughters but hey hey what a gig! :notworthy:
lol my son thought it would be really hard rock :lol:
son do your research babe! love your boomer mother
:kiss: :twisted:
well imagine that! could not go see Ghost in Europe (cause of work) and now we have tickets to Ghost in Denver! Excited! so apparently the place has very good acoustics so I am really looking forward to it:) that's coming up August 8th
Big Si
School Bully

Brother in Law arrives at the Airport in 'Auld Reekie' on Thursday morning, then after a Train to 'Raintown', a Fish Supper and a Night on my Sofa Bed, we catch an early Train to Fort William on Friday and then go for a Long Walk to Inverness. You never know, we might even spot 'Nessie' ;D

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/great-glen-way.shtml
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
mh
Above the Chemist

Incoming! wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 17:20 Okay. Now I got this wild hair idea of seeing TSOM in London in September. Anyone know the place they will play in Camden? Decent? Just flat out not worth it? What are the people like?

I saw the Cure in Frankfurt in 1989, grand show. But I lived there so it only cost ticket price.

Which show? Or both?
I think if you ask about in the London threads in the 2023 board, you'll get a lot of interesting information :)
The venue is really good. About 3000 capacity with ceiling lighting that looks like the Mothership from Close Encounters. The band have played there many times before and both band and venue seem to suit each other well.

Many of us do both nights, and sometimes the band do drop in a surprise or two on the second night.

The Enterprise bar, across the street and up a bit, is the usual meet-up spot so if you just rock up we'll make you feel welcome. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote: 19 Jul 2023, 09:43
Incoming! wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 17:20 Okay. Now I got this wild hair idea of seeing TSOM in London in September. Anyone know the place they will play in Camden? Decent? Just flat out not worth it? What are the people like?

Which show? Or both?
The venue is really good. About 3000 capacity with ceiling lighting that looks like the Mothership from Close Encounters. The band have played there many times before and both band and venue seem to suit each other well.

Many of us do both nights, and sometimes the band do drop in a surprise or two on the second night.

The Enterprise bar, across the street and up a bit, is the usual meet-up spot so if you just rock up we'll make you feel welcome. :notworthy:
Well thank you for that information. :) I actually bought my tickets. Now I just need to get an updated passport. Mine expired. I'm actually staying at the Camden Enterprise Hotel. Is the bar part of it? :notworthy: