Book: Waiting For Another War

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I can edit your 1st post - admin privilege :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

Just finished this and absolutely loved it. Well written and compelling. Needs making into a screenplay, surely?
sultan2075
Overbomber

Third printing on the way. Unfortunately, being a jackass who needs a third cup of coffee, I deleted the email before I thought to mention it here, but I'm sure someone else can provide details.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Here goes -

Good morning Sisters fans.

To celebrate the new Sisters tour we've done a fresh printing of Waiting For Another War.

WFAW Third Printing Cover 042023
This will be the third printing, after 200 hardbacks (first printing) and 1000 paperbacks (second).

The content of this printing is identical to the second printing with the exception of a couple photo swaps (we could not license the Philippe Carly photos for the new printing, so have replaced them with new photos -- at least one of which is previously unseen), and some minor corrections.

The book will be ready in June, and pre-orders will start tomorrow, Monday 24 April 2023, at 8am East Coast USA time/ 1pm UK time, from the book website.

This time, Rough Trade in London will also be taking pre-orders and fulfilling in the UK and EU. You will be able to link to the Rough Trade pre-order page directly through the book website.

Thank you all for your continued interest and support.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

That's fantastic news! Coincidentally, I bumped into Trevor this week, in the FB Sisters group, where I was defending a man who just had a Sisters tattoo done with the head facing right. Defending because I don't see the point in telling the poor soul it's facing the wrong way after he's gone and had it done. Some people just seem to completely lack empathy though.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hey MrChris and Ian,

Thank you for posting this news here.

The proof copy has arrived on my desk and it looks great.

I am excited about the upcoming tour, hope to meet some more fans, and happy with the new printing!

Trevor
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

MrChris wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 17:14 Here goes -

Good morning Sisters fans.

To celebrate the new Sisters tour we've done a fresh printing of Waiting For Another War.

WFAW Third Printing Cover 042023
This will be the third printing, after 200 hardbacks (first printing) and 1000 paperbacks (second).

The content of this printing is identical to the second printing with the exception of a couple photo swaps (we could not license the Philippe Carly photos for the new printing, so have replaced them with new photos -- at least one of which is previously unseen), and some minor corrections.

The book will be ready in June, and pre-orders will start tomorrow, Monday 24 April 2023, at 8am East Coast USA time/ 1pm UK time, from the book website.

This time, Rough Trade in London will also be taking pre-orders and fulfilling in the UK and EU. You will be able to link to the Rough Trade pre-order page directly through the book website.

Thank you all for your continued interest and support.
Someone has to ask - website please?? It's only available on Kindle on Amazon. Thank you!
This place is death with walls
bismarck

Incoming! wrote: 27 May 2023, 00:20
Someone has to ask - website please?? It's only available on Kindle on Amazon. Thank you!
Here's the site that can link you to Rough Trade and other ways to get the book:

https://www.gkwfilmworks.com/sisters

Thank you for asking.
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

bismarck wrote: 29 May 2023, 14:51
Incoming! wrote: 27 May 2023, 00:20
Here's the site that can link you to Rough Trade and other ways to get the book:

https://www.gkwfilmworks.com/sisters

Thank you for asking.
Thanks! Purchased it yesterday. :)
This place is death with walls
ruffers
Overbomber

It was a pleasure to chat to Trevor last night at the Enterprise, top man.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Started it on my coach back to Leeds on Monday. Couldn’t put it down. Finished already. Absolutely superb.

And what a lovely guy Trevor is too. 😊
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
bismarck

ruffers wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 19:01 It was a pleasure to chat to Trevor last night at the Enterprise, top man.
Purple Light wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 21:34 Started it on my coach back to Leeds on Monday. Couldn’t put it down. Finished already. Absolutely superb.

And what a lovely guy Trevor is too. 😊
Great to meet you guys too, thank you. Ruffers, your shirt game is top-notch.
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

How i have managed to hold out for almost 30 months before re-reading the Trilogy i dont know, other than i have far too eidectic a memory to rush these things.
So: what order do i reread them in? obviously first readings were dictated by the order in which they arrived but now i have all 3....
first world problems eh? :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
zadar_official
Road Kill

I have the first two printings of Trevor's book and loved it each time. Might as well grab the third pressing and give it another go!
Esoterica
Road Kill

Zadar—I’m all for collecting extra copies of favorite books, particularly different editions of them! Some people think that’s crazy, but maybe it’s not. Electronic copies of books won’t resemble their paper originals for much longer. There’s a lot of revision going on under the auspices of “new & improved” edits, and younger readers, in particular, don’t seem know the difference.
Ocean Moves

I too have purchased and read this book 1980 - 1985, and loved it.

Is there any plan for a follow up volume covering 1986 - 1993 for example ?
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

friendly warning:

do not ever under any circumstances write anything non-absolutely-positive about this book. its author will use his pulls and get you banned in fb groups, or anywhere. very sad.

low, just low.
LyanvisAberrant

panzerfaust wrote: 31 Dec 2023, 21:12 friendly warning:

do not ever under any circumstances write anything non-absolutely-positive about this book. its author will use his pulls and get you banned in fb groups, or anywhere. very sad.

low, just low.
Oof, noted.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

low, just low.
Banned from anywhere ... except here. Gotta admit I'm curious to read your review now.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

low, just low.
Trevor is a Heartlander too. I find it very difficult to believe he’d get anybody banned from anywhere for stating their opinion. He really doesn’t strike me to be that way. Can you elaborate?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Can't imagine Trevor behaving like this.
We all here know him as a kind and lovely guy who is - unlike others - definitely not looking for trouble ...

Are you getting yourself into some mess again, Panzerfaust ... :?: :evil: :lol: ...
mh
Above the Chemist

Hmm, some of us have met Trevor in person and know what he's like. I don't believe you're telling the full story, @panzerfaust, also noting that you've been warned over your behaviour on this forum before.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid

@panzerfaust Trevor's my friend so i'd watch what you fucking say.. And like MH says you are a known shit-stirrer.

H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 01 Jan 2024, 23:54 @panzerfaust Trevor's my friend so i'd watch what you fucking say.. And like MH says you are a known shit-stirrer.
I just looked it up, are you referring to the comment that got him described as an "Internet Hard Man" by Chris Catalyst?
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
eastmidswhizzkid

H. Blackrose wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 04:27
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 01 Jan 2024, 23:54 @panzerfaust Trevor's my friend so i'd watch what you fucking say.. And like MH says you are a known shit-stirrer.
I just looked it up, are you referring to the comment that got him described as an "Internet Hard Man" by Chris Catalyst?
no one thing. just his near troll-like tendencies over the years. like i say, Trevor's my friend. I dont take kindly to people talking shite about my friends.