Hey Folks,Look What I've Found!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

I've found one,for us,very interesting thread on an another message board and they discussed obscure 80s goth bands/songs amongst which our beloved Sisters as well.Worth checking?Definately!Just click on this link below!

http://www.inthe00s.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/Ya ... 1053704515
Andrew Eldritch wrote: "I'm actually quite a decent bastard..." (New Musical Express, February 27th 1988)
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Nice Catch Nancy! A good read, and I can't beleive Fear Cult garnered a mention.. (I really like them!)
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Nancy_78 wrote:Worth checking?Definately!
DEFINITELY
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Least I'm not the only one!
Richey, you a bloody teacher or something, Or just the spelling police?
Only a paand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

me? a teacher? with my reputation?

no, the word you are looking for is pedant. and proud of it.
khepri II
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

RicheyJames wrote:
DEFINITELY

how's your Croatian :?:

bloody pedantic knob jockey :evil:
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

khepri II wrote:how's your Croatian :?:
non-existent
oh dear. do we have to resort to personal abuse?
khepri II

RicheyJames wrote:
khepri II wrote:how's your Croatian :?:
non-existent
oh dear. do we have to resort to personal abuse?
nope.

That was written :P

personal would be a smack around the chops :wink:
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

i think you are confusing "personal" with "physical"
personal
adjective
1 relating or belonging to a single or particular person rather than to a group or an organization
physical (BODY)
adjective
1 connected with the body:
khepri II

RicheyJames wrote:i think you are confusing "personal" with "physical"
personal
adjective
1 relating or belonging to a single or particular person rather than to a group or an organization
physical (BODY)
adjective
that's your definition in your context. Welldone, at least this time by including "think", you allowed room for manoeuvre. Rare in your posts.

Anyway, I'm bored of this now. Thanks for filling out another five minutes of my life :wink:

All I meant was it was easy to be a smart arse, when not taking into account that English isn't another's first language. IMHO, anybody who is brave enough to post in a non-native language deserves praise not to be ridiculed. That's all, now let's get over it and move on. :?
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

khepri II wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:i think you are confusing "personal" with "physical"
personal
adjective
physical (BODY)
adjective
that's your definition in your context. Welldone, at least this time by including "think", you allowed room for manoeuvre. Rare in your posts.

Anyway, I'm bored of this now. Thanks for filling out another five minutes of my life :wink:

All I meant was it was easy to be a smart arse, when not taking into account that English isn't another's first language. IMHO, anybody who is brave enough to post in a non-native language deserves praise not to be ridiculed. That's all, now let's get over it and move on. :?

Hmmmm... Let's assume Richey didn't know Nancy wasn't a native.
If he knew he wouldn't have said that, had he?

*by the way, i'm not a native either so leave me alone*
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

RicheyJames wrote:
DEFINITELY
Yes it should be Definitely indeed.It wasn't my intention at all.Honest!I was pretty tired at that time yesterday and I just typed the wrong letter.It happens.
But see this now:Even some native British and American make the same mistake writing Definately instead of Definitely.I've noticed that on some other message boards I've been on so far.
Andrew Eldritch wrote: "I'm actually quite a decent bastard..." (New Musical Express, February 27th 1988)
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

khepri II wrote:that's your definition in your context.
actually it's the cambridge dictionary definition but let's not quibble
Well done, at least this time by including "think", you allowed room for manoeuvre. Rare in your posts.

always happy to help
All I meant was it was easy to be a smart arse, when not taking into account that English isn't another's first language. IMHO, anybody who is brave enough to post in a non-native language deserves praise not to be ridiculed.
and at what point did i ridicule anybody? i merely corrected a spelling mistake. it's what i do. as i said above, i'm a pedant. that does not make me a bad person.
That's all, now let's get over it and move on. :?
i think most of us had moved on before you starting slinging abuse around. sexygoth had a light-hearted dig at my pedantry to which i replied in kind. you, on the other hand, turned immediately to insults for no apparent reason...
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Nancy_78 wrote:Yes it should be Definitely indeed.It wasn't my intention at all.Honest!I was pretty tired at that time yesterday and I just typed the wrong letter.It happens.
there really is no need to apologise!
But see this now:Even some native British and American make the same mistake writing Definately instead of Definitely.I've noticed that on some other message boards I've been on so far.
you're quite correct in your observation. that particular mis-spelling is becoming far too prevalent. it will be stamped out!
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Good God!! Stop bickering you two!!! It's unbecoming. And Richey, don't bother to correct my ignorance, as you know, ignorance is bliss and I want to keep it that way!

;)
khepri II

actually it's the cambridge dictionary definition but let's not quibble

Oxford - done made etc in person :roll:

the big book of being rude

Knob jockey 90's US slang - wanker

Oxford - wanker - contemptible :P

bring it on :twisted: :twisted:
Big Si
School Bully

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis