Greetings from Louisiana

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

Just wanted to say howdy y’all, I’m new here, although I have lurked around the past few months and I just could not understand why everyone had ‘Road Kill’ or ‘Amphetamine Filth’ in front of their name. So I joined & now I know and Road Kill feels appropriate right now as it is past midnight here and I am goofing off instead of getting to sleep.
I appreciate all the info on here and find you all interesting and sometimes bust out laughing at some of your posts.
I am from Shreveport the home of the Louisiana Hayride where Elvis & James Burton started out. Unfortunately it is becoming more known for daily shootings lately. I now live in a small town north of of S’port and am the only TSOM fan around and am considered weird with my TSOM tattoos and shirts. I actually had a lady ask me which Catholic Church I go to when wearing one. Well, thought I’d introduce me, and say thanks for being here. Maybe I’ll figure out how to upload an avatar tomorrow, good night.
Is you is or is you a’int, an LSU Tigers fan?
Geaux Tigahs!
Pista
Cureboi

Hello there & welcome to the forum.
If you get stuck with the avatar just sing out. Sure someone will help :)
& I hope you're well out of the way of Hurricane Marco
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Hi there and welcome, CamilleDeVille ... :D ... It's clearly a good decision to join the forum ... :D ...

and if nothing much is going on for a day, you might also check our very own :hl: SistersWiki,

where you can find lots of info, vids and links to plenty other Sisters-related pages and stuff ... :) :lol: ...

Ah, and btw, You Could Be The One (YCBTO) - yes or no? ... ;D ...
Last edited by Being645 on 24 Aug 2020, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
mh
Above the Chemist

"Howdy, Tex."
"Why do they call you Tex? You from Texas?"
"Nope, Louisiana."
"So why do they call you Tex then?"
"Don't wanna be called Louise, do I?"

Greets. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Hello! Welcome in. Biscuit and hoodie preferences and YCBTO yes or no are things to establish early :D
Hope this place makes you feel more at home
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

welcome to Heartland :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
iesus
Overbomber

Welcome to :hl: ;D :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
sultan2075
Overbomber

Stay safe, hoss. It looks like Laura might be coming straight at you.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hello :)
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

Thank y’all very much, I am in the upper corner of LA close to Texas safe from hurricanes. The only thing affecting me is that I’ve had “Here I am, rock you like a hurricane “ song stuck in my head for 3 days. I like YCBTO but I don’t know about the biscuits y’all have, ours come with gravy and those I do like lol. If it gets cold enough here I prefer a zipper hoodie because it’s usually 4 seasons in one day here.
Geaux Tigahs!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ah that's one of the "two nations separated by a common language" things. What we in dear old Blighty call biscuits are more like what Americans call cookies.

And I can't work out what's going on with avatars either :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Hello and welcome!

:D :D
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

Thanks :) I would have to say peanut butter cookies with Reece’s pieces are my fave. And I guess I will live without an avatar, it isn’t giving me any options to upload anything so I dunno
Geaux Tigahs!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

CamilleDeville wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 00:16 Thanks :) I would have to say peanut butter cookies with Reece’s pieces are my fave. And I guess I will live without an avatar, it isn’t giving me any options to upload anything so I dunno
Hmm, that is strange! Sorry about that. I'l look into it.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Ah, right, I see the issue

@CamilleDeville I think that's fixed it now - could you give it another try?

You should see an option like this:

---

---

Let me know if that still doesn't work. :!:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

Thanks Quiffy for lurking & fixing. I had another pic in mind but it was too big, but I like this one. Altho it's definitely not what I'm seeing today with hurricane Laura intensifying and coming through soon. At least I now have Flood I playing in my head instead of Rock you like a hurricane
Geaux Tigahs!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

@CamilleDeville how are things?
sultan2075
Overbomber

Hope things are alright in Shreveport.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Keep safe over there in Louisiana !
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

@emilystrange Everything is fine in my neck of the woods, the winds died down and the storm took a turn to the east away from us. Just getting rain now and it’s slowed down as well.
@sultan2075 Shreveport mainly has trees down and power lines snapped by not as bad as it could have been
@Being645 thank you, we lucked out thankfully
Geaux Tigahs!
sultan2075
Overbomber

Glad to hear it. I spent 25+ years in Texas, and got to know Louisiana a little bit. Always liked y’all. Got to admit I miss having New Orleans within driving distance.
--
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

sultan2075 wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 03:59 Glad to hear it. I spent 25+ years in Texas, and got to know Louisiana a little bit. Always liked y’all. Got to admit I miss having New Orleans within driving distance.
I don’t know where you are now, but if you were to be here tomorrow when it’s supposed to go right back to 105 degrees, high humidity and mosquitoes likely appearing you might decide you didn’t like us all that much :lol: But ‘Nawlins does entertain
Geaux Tigahs!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Glad to hear it! Except for the mozzies and humidity
sultan2075
Overbomber

CamilleDeville wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 04:59
sultan2075 wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 03:59 Glad to hear it. I spent 25+ years in Texas, and got to know Louisiana a little bit. Always liked y’all. Got to admit I miss having New Orleans within driving distance.
I don’t know where you are now, but if you were to be here tomorrow when it’s supposed to go right back to 105 degrees, high humidity and mosquitoes likely appearing you might decide you didn’t like us all that much :lol: But ‘Nawlins does entertain
I’m in DC now - swampy, humid, mosquitoes, and politicians. But not quite as hot. Can’t get Lone Star here but I can occasionally get Abita or Dixie Blackened Voodoo.
--