Sisters 2021/22

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Pista
Cureboi

Depprocksfarfar wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 05:55 Chania Rock Festival 22-07-31.
And from almost nothing there's suddenly festival bonanza! This is is festival number eight (If om not mistaken) and it's already listed on official site.
https://www.chaniarockfestival.gr/en/ti ... iRmYVlBzhw
Nice one. Thread's now up :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Support act for some dates: Hugs of the sky

GC
Slight Overbomber

Anybody else think that the quality of the tshirts were terrible. Or was it just me. Loved the show by the way... so no complaints in the real world
aido7777777
Road Kill

Would have loved a Dublin show hopefully they will on their next tour
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Zeitgeist
Road Kill

Any words on UK dates being added?
Three Brilliant gigs at the Roundhouse last year, and off to Stockholm next week – but, unsurprisingly I want more! :wink: :bat:
Zeitgeist
Road Kill

20th of May in Stockholm is missing... :wink:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Zeitgeist wrote: 11 May 2022, 22:04 Any words on UK dates being added?
Three Brilliant gigs at the Roundhouse last year, and off to Stockholm next week – but, unsurprisingly I want more! :wink: :bat:
Nope, but I thoroughly concur, on the back of both the three brilliant Roundhouse gigs and the plethora of stonking new additions to the set since then, in finest HL tradition I implore the band to PLYC or at least PUKYC ;D :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
czuczu
Overbomber

Some UK dates around Xmas would be ideal - the Electric in Brixton would be ideal (London venues other than the Roundhouse are available/good!)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Cannae be ersed with that there London though. Stupid money for beer.

(Having said that it was £6.80 for a pint in the O2 Academy in Leeds last week for Gary Numan so I went home sober :lol: )

But yeah, PLYC ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
H. Blackrose

Australasian dates announced! Including first-ever Wellington gig

Tue 25 Oct: Powerstation, Auckland
Wed 26 Oct: Hunter Lounge, Wellington
Fri 28 Oct: Fortitude Music Hall Fortitude Valley
Sun 30 Oct: Enmore Theatre Sydney
Tue 1 Nov: The Gov Adelaide
Thu 3 Nov: The Astor Theatre Perth
Sat 5 Nov: Forum Melbourne
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Wow ... :eek: ;D :notworthy:

And all of them are already listed on the websites of the venues ... :bat: ;D :bat:

Check it out - https://sisterswiki.org/Current_events# ... _Australia
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Ooooooh awesome news! :D :D :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Zeitgeist wrote: 11 May 2022, 22:12 20th of May in Stockholm is missing... :wink:
Good to see someone paying attention :innocent:

Down under show threads all added now. Have at it :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

they've got time to get their arses back over here in the UK for a nice December tour then!!
all the best to anyone who's down under and can go!
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
ruffers
Overbomber

They really are going for it aren't they? Guess there's a home town show for Dylan somewhere in there.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Being645
Above the Chemist

Well, it's surely what was planned for the 40th Stage Anniversary last year ... ;D ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

HL Disneyland trip anyone?

22-23 natch
Goths have feelings too
H. Blackrose

ruffers wrote: 24 May 2022, 09:57 They really are going for it aren't they? Guess there's a home town show for Dylan somewhere in there.
Where exactly is Dylan from? My sleuthing suggests Queensland as the most likely option, which would make Fortitude Valley the "hometown" gig

Terrible that they couldn't play in Palmerston North with the late Chris Starling
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Yes Dylan is from Brisbane, I think it has been mentioned in interviews or I've seen it somewhere else.

While I'm always positive to new Sisters tours, I find it a bit daring to go to Australia with a band with post-arrival testing still active - if that regulation is planned to be removed before the tour is taking place, it's nothing I have heard of at least. But as things stand now: Just one false positive test post-arrival and the whole tour is f**ked :?

Anyway, assuming everything works out fine, I guess Latin America is before Auckland then. And the big question: Will they really never tour the US again? Skipping VT from the setlist is almost like a love declaration by AE standards ;D
H. Blackrose

I wonder if he's skipping Vision Thing because it's a song about American imperialism, and European audiences have a slightly bigger, Z-wearing imperialism to worry about right now
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

euphoria wrote: 25 May 2022, 08:16 And the big question: Will they really never tour the US again?
They (the US) have denied Ravey a visa in the past so if that still stands then I guess not. Though I'm only guessing at that as an explanation.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 25 May 2022, 23:43 They (the US) have denied Ravey a visa in the past so if that still stands then I guess not. Though I'm only guessing at that as an explanation.
Oh I didn't know that! But yeah that would be a simple and logical explanation compared to anything else I've read.

@H. Blackrose Not unlikely given that also Dominion/MR is skipped. But also good to save the voice I guess. If it's between VT and the voice he has had now, I can definitely live without VT :)
badge
Road Kill

aido7777777 wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 23:01 Would have loved a Dublin show hopefully they will on their next tour
Well, if they want to get off the mainland but stay in the EU to avoid Brexit - Dublin would make sense for them (and me!). Be great to get a couple of Irish dates together and have a little road trip. Not sure the position on Belfast but the time they played the Mandela Hall was great.
ASPERUM AESTIMARE FIMI ALIQUID HODIE
ROBBIE

I have just seen on my instagram #sistersofmercy feed a gig for Saturday 20 May 2023 at Circo Voador which apparently is Rio de Janiero. Not shown on the venue ticket page!
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020