2021-09-10, Roundhouse, London UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

@ruffers A pic of your t.shirt please? 🤪
ruffers
Overbomber

And Temple but you knew that.

Lots of energy, but I still don't like it.

Bracing myself for a big This Corrosion singalong.

One thing, Von has started doing that yelping thing again. Stop it.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Wow Neverland
Swinnow
Overbomber

Thanks @ruffers , much appreciated. I know what you mean about that bloody yelping mate :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
abraxas
Road Kill

ruffers wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 21:38 A full throttle Alice. Crowd singing along, Von into it I think, feels like we've properly started now.
Yeah that is when the sweat started to pour
iesus
Overbomber

Thank you very much @ruffers :notworthy: :notworthy:
You were so good and made me hit Ctrl + R so many times tonite :notworthy: :bat:
Is it over? do we have any pic with setlist?
Actually we didn't get any new song this time :(
Only hope to get better versions of the "new" songs as it seems :roll: :lol:

Edit- There is a twitter:

Alison Dark
@GardenG1rl
Just seen #SistersofMercy at the #Camden #roundhouse Fabulous band. Had to laugh when someone shouted, "Release another album!" and Andrew's laughing retort was, "when I'm ready motherfucker" A long wait then Face with tears of joy
1:19 AM · Sep 11, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Is this dialogue true?
Last edited by iesus on 10 Sep 2021, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
ruffers
Overbomber

I'm on the train home but I'm sure someone else will do the setlist thing.

I did wear the shirt but still don't know how to attach pics. Will try.
But it's really not worth it. The looks you get...
ruffers
Overbomber

iesus wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 23:15 Thank you very much @ruffers :notworthy: :notworthy:
You were so good and made me hit Ctrl + R so many times tonite :notworthy: :bat:
Is it over? do we have any pic with setlist?
Actually we didn't get any new song this time :(
Only hope to get better versions of the "new" songs as it seems :roll: :lol:

Edit- There is a twitter:

Alison Dark
@GardenG1rl
Just seen #SistersofMercy at the #Camden #roundhouse Fabulous band. Had to laugh when someone shouted, "Release another album!" and Andrew's laughing retort was, "when I'm ready motherfucker" A long wait then Face with tears of joy

Is this dialogue true?
He definitely said that at the start of Black Sail (I think), didn't hear the audience comment though.
czuczu
Overbomber

This is all a vague jumble while I sit on the train

Jesus Jones were great and said nice things about Sisters.
Marian was ballsed up, first by Ben and then Von
Dylan's guitar kept dropping out as the set went on - apparently they have no guitar tech or roadies so he just stood there like a lemon during Lucretia.
Vocals and sound mix good from barrier.
All in v good mood, lots of eye contact from Von. He even made a point of speaking directly to people he recognised. Much to their delight :)
I thought the "When I'm ready, motherfucker" was aimed at Dylan kicking of the next song while he was trying to get a swig of vodka.
Ben is now "The Great Ben Christo"
I Was Wrong was announced as funtime or something like that
I had a lovely time despite not making it to the Enterprise.
All the new stuff sounded great. Think they played all the actual songs except Better Reptile.
Last edited by czuczu on 10 Sep 2021, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
czuczu
Overbomber

Some snaps..
czuczu
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 09:16If you see a bloke in a white Cyberpunk 2077 tee tonight, stood with Charlie in a Doom tee, that'll be us, fk knows about tomorrow though, Hlers will likely be dotted about around the pub and outside on the pavement if the weather's kind :D
Just seen this - were you on barrier in front of Dylan? :idea:
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 23:15 ...

Alison Dark
@GardenG1rl

Is this dialogue true?

;D Thanks for the reviews, all.

I think tomorrow night we should try and get a chant going of "release another album" from the audience.

If :von: hears the whole crowd at it you might actually get him thinking :lol:
czuczu
Overbomber

But Genevieve
Ribbons
Crash and Burn
No Time To Cry
I Will Call You
Alice
Dominion
Show Me
Instrumental
Marian
FALAA
Black Sail
I Was Wrong
Flood II
------
Neverland
Lucretia
------
More
Temple
Corrosion
Wilkstein
Road Kill

Ingo never disappoints.

Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The experience at the roundhouse was magnificent.

Jesus Jones (great performance; they found their groove and the masses responded) played their crowd-pleasers, of course. I like “right here, right now”. It’s catchy and memorable and it got enough radio play during our impressionable years to resonate with nostalgia for most of us. Hearing it tonight, it just felt right because there is truly no other place I would rather be.

The journey from the last show to this one is different for everyone, but there are common themes. I won’t list them because, if you are a human on earth, you already know what I’m talking about, and with more precision than words could ever deliver.

There’s always a feeling of, “you made it!” when watching the familiar faces gather before a show. This time, it was less a jubilant high five and more a feeling of peaceful respite. Like fighting your way to sanctuary and then beaming as you look around and recognize friends.

The mirrors are back, and they have morphed and (I think) multiplied, but what they reflect is what can only be appreciated after that long-ass examination of the context of the night. From my angle, at least, I could see the first few rows of the opposite side of the audience as they enjoyed the show. It was moving to see the crowd of people I’ve come to care about from that point of view, within the context above.

I get it.

Ok, so enough of that - on to THE SHOW!

Neverland was ethereal and it worked very well. I’ve been listening to it lately and I’m so glad I was there to see it. A big highlight for me. This was my first time hearing black sail live (I was going to catch the 2020 tour starting in Spain) and I love it. All the new songs were a treat in different ways, but Black Sail is a standout.

Alice was also really strong, as was Lucretia. And FALAA, and crash and burn and Show Me and...f**k, it was all a climax. And still is, for two more days.

Joyful. That’s best way to sum it up.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Thought Never Land was going to be Driven Like The Snow what with that oceanic intro and Von's "this has been a long time coming".
Being645
Above the Chemist

Don't think anybody's got time today to check much for further videos, so here it is ... enjoy ... :D :D :D ... not complete, but hell ...

*Let any thanks please go to all the lovely contributors from here and elsewhere, please ... and to the band, of course ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

https://sisterswiki.org/Fri,_10-Sep-2021
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It was aces. Had far too much sauce but it killed any residual crowd anxiety & we had a bloody good singalongaSisters ;D No vaccine door checks at all…! (hope the only nasty I brought home was that warm bottle of IrnBru…) Need to recover for Nephs on Sunday. Have fun tonight and tomorrow you lot, you deserve it x
ROBBIE

robertzombie wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 09:05 Thought Never Land was going to be Driven Like The Snow what with that oceanic intro and Von's "this has been a long time coming".
Same here… though I was not disappointed.

For me the biggest difference was that Dylan has grown into his role more and that has made a tighter unit overall. The new songs similar have morphed from being good tracks to being very good. (I think AE agreed after Show Me when he said not too shabby.)

Overall not the best I’ve seen the band especially when AE continues not to sing certain parts of songs…(okay, okay he f**ked the lyrics a couple of times) but his voice was good, the sound mix was good and the light show was clever with the mirrors.

Strange thing I noticed on the side of the stage by Dylan was what looked like a recording mic!

Anyway onwards and upwards for day two. There were no real surprise tracks last night so let us see what we get tonight. I vote for Rock and a Hard Place…
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Pista
Cureboi

Merch picture from the twitters

Remind anyone of anything?

:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 00:07
Planet Dave wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 09:16If you see a bloke in a white Cyberpunk 2077 tee tonight, stood with Charlie in a Doom tee, that'll be us, fk knows about tomorrow though, Hlers will likely be dotted about around the pub and outside on the pavement if the weather's kind :D
Yes! Dave's first time on the front row! ;D We were there rockin' the place out, absolutely amazing time , still processing the glory of it all and can't wait for the next one tonight! :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
czuczu
Overbomber

Charlie wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 11:36
czuczu wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 00:07
Yes! Dave's first time on the front row! ;D We were there rockin' the place out, absolutely amazing time , still processing the glory of it all and can't wait for the next one tonight! :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I was right next to you and didnt twig!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 11:35 Merch picture from the twitters

... :lol: :lol: ... but they really look good to me ... hard to decide which colour I'd prefer ... :eek: :lol: ...
one for each day of the week ... :lol: ...

Anyway, thanks for posting ... :notworthy: ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

PMSL, Dalek I Love You (for those with long memories)

Very 2021, minimum effort, maximum return shall be the whole of the law.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
godgirl

Actually, for me, noting also his comment in the Louder interview about Hungary and on Friday about ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and those who are yet undecided" (or similar) I thought it's more a nod to the LGBT+ rainbow/diversity actually but that might just be me reading something into it that I like the idea of. ;)

I believe at least one person has bought all seven! (but not the girl fit green afaik)

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"