My favourite Sisters covers

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
ruffers
Overbomber

Freestylers Happiness is a dancey kind of cover which is probably the right word given how much the sample is used.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
z666
Amphetamine Filth

PuppetTroops
Road Kill

what about this:

(not a cover but a sample)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

This one. :twisted: :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

alanm wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 08:45 Some Kind Of Stranger
None of the covers really grab me
I like this one though I'll admit it's not for everyone:

https://unwoman.bandcamp.com/track/some ... f-stranger
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
bismarck

In addition to that SKOS by Unwoman, these are my favorites.

Adrenochrome and Heartland by Lymon Willis

Lucretia by Warrel Dane

Nine While Nine by Mark Sinnis

When You Don't See Me by Mark Wilkins
(this seems to be gone from YouTube)

Corrosion by Diane Birch

NTTC by Cradle of Filth (yes I actually like it)
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

bismarck wrote: 14 Jun 2023, 03:27 I like this one though I'll admit it's not for everyone:
https://unwoman.bandcamp.com/track/some ... f-stranger
Yeah I should really have linked to that one, instead of or in addition to the BoT remix. It's alright.
These days the SKOS cover in my play list is the mainstream one from Mist of Avalon.

Those others are a fine list of covers indeed. Mark Sinnis is the only one not in my playlist and honestly it could easily be.
bismarck wrote: 14 Jun 2023, 03:47 When You Don't See Me by Mark Wilkins
(this seems to be gone from YouTube)
I got ya fam, it's a good one to be sure

I'm feeling like I need to edit the OP...
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
mh
Above the Chemist

One of those lockdown videos that was all the rage 3 years ago, and I think they did a really good job of it. I came across it way back then, but for some reason never noticed until today that they were all wearing sunglasses in it.

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
bismarck

alanm wrote: 14 Jun 2023, 07:17 Those others are a fine list of covers indeed. Mark Sinnis is the only one not in my playlist and honestly it could easily be.
Great list. I especially liked the Mother Russia cover.
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
GC
Slight Overbomber

Dont think that I saw this one mentioned. I thinks its great.
GaBriela39
Road Kill

GC wrote: 14 Jun 2023, 20:23

Dont think that I saw this one mentioned. I thinks its great.
full version has 8:46 and name Temple Of s**t :-)
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

alanm wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 08:45
Floorshow
I'm going with the (industrial I guess?) cover from Headtrip Inc.
I'm a fan of this. I just tend to like songs that I can understand 1/2 the lyrics. :) We used to have a whole club dedicated to Industrial music. Miss it.
This place is death with walls
satanarchist
Road Kill

Probably the Merry Thoughts records.
LyanvisAberrant

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 22:12 I ressurrected my channel to put out a cover of romeo down today. Will leave it here for those interested.
On the beach cover coming in the next few days. ^_^
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
LyanvisAberrant

Here it is!! Hope you guys enjoy. Don't know if this is the right place to put it or not, but yeah. I had fun on this one.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:eek:
thank you.
:notworthy:
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh wow, that works .. great find ... :notworthy: ...
LyanvisAberrant

Glad you like it! Feel like i could have spent more time on it but oh well, haha
Being645
Above the Chemist

So dollysplit have done it ... :D .. really a good job!!! ... Maybe I should give your other covers a listen, too... :) ...
sultan2075
Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 04 Jul 2023, 16:33

Here it is!! Hope you guys enjoy. Don't know if this is the right place to put it or not, but yeah. I had fun on this one.
That sounds good. I recall some earlier stuff from you some years back, and I feel like this is kind of a big leap forward on the vocal front (I don't mean that to sound bad; you just sound more... comfortable, I guess?). Your voice also really reminds me of someone else, but I just cannot place it.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
LyanvisAberrant

sultan2075 wrote: 04 Jul 2023, 18:19

That sounds good. I recall some earlier stuff from you some years back, and I feel like this is kind of a big leap forward on the vocal front (I don't mean that to sound bad; you just sound more... comfortable, I guess?). Your voice also really reminds me of someone else, but I just cannot place it.
Oh I'd love to know who, if you manage to put your finger on it! I have an unconventional voice as far as I'm able to discern.
And thank you for your kind comments. Gosh, those were really almost a decade ago. Time's odd.
iesus
Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 04 Jul 2023, 19:29
sultan2075 wrote: 04 Jul 2023, 18:19

Oh I'd love to know who, if you manage to put your finger on it! I have an unconventional voice as far as I'm able to discern.
And thank you for your kind comments. Gosh, those were really almost a decade ago. Time's odd.
Enjoyed that one!
Along with vkgoeswild piano cover were added to my phone playlist and car mp3 usb stick :D
Thank you for doing such good covers :notworthy: :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
iesus
Overbomber

mh wrote: 14 Jun 2023, 09:47 One of those lockdown videos that was all the rage 3 years ago, and I think they did a really good job of it. I came across it way back then, but for some reason never noticed until today that they were all wearing sunglasses in it.

Just noticed that they used a screaming cat for the guitar solo on this one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meooooowwwww :lol: :notworthy:
:bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
FMAMMY
Road Kill

Great cover! I especially enjoy the vocals on the chorus. and all the vocalharmonies! :D
LyanvisAberrant

FMAMMY wrote: 05 Jul 2023, 06:00

Great cover! I especially enjoy the vocals on the chorus. and all the vocalharmonies! :D
Thanks man, the main criticism i got for my romeo down cover was that the vocals were too hidden in the mix. Thought I'd try out the other end of the spectrum