2022-07-31. Chania Rock Festival, Crete GR

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 20:27 Got a promise for set list after from engineer :)
Cool ... :D ... then you can enjoy the gig and deliver to us later ... :D :D :D ....
iesus wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 19:56 :hl: Sisters next!! :bat:
... ;D ;D ;D ...
iesus
Overbomber

'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Already now !!! ... :lol: ... Cool !!! ... ;D :notworthy: ... so it's exactly the same setlist as in Belgium on Friday ... ;D ;D ;D ...
iesus
Overbomber

Photos up in :hl: fb plz someone paste links here for wiki :notworthy: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i am glad you had a good time bro. in the end it was impossible for me to make it due to the extreme high air fares & despite the ludicrously cheap festival price. basically i left it too late. never mind.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 21:56 Image
Awesome! Hope you had a great gig!
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
iesus
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 00:08 i am glad you had a good time bro. in the end it was impossible for me to make it due to the extreme high air fares & despite the ludicrously cheap festival price. basically i left it too late. never mind.
No worries brother. Hope will make it in a next one. Ticket price was cheaper than ever cause it was tax free. With the other bands was lower priced than imagine. Though air fares is a thing. I just took the boat and made sea travel :lol: can't upload video in yt you must wait till tomorrow for mine. Sound was great where I was, some ppl in front were unlucky though. Ae in great mood and the rest of the band too.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 23:28 Photos up in :hl: fb plz someone paste links here for wiki :notworthy: :bat: :bat:
Hihi, this is the only link i can manage, but it should do ... :D ...

Most importantly, we've got a setlist and anyway, tomorrow is a good day to look forward to ...
And above all, have a lovely travel home ... :bat: ...

A basic page is done thanks to all the pictures you've presented to us already ... :notworthy: ;D :notworthy:
https://sisterswiki.org/Sun,_31-Jul-2022 ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

thats a fabulous set
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Don't drive on ice.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Short clip of But Genevieve.
Being645
Above the Chemist

More videos coming ... here I Was Wrong ... :) ...

FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Temple of Love
Sounds like a very enthusiastic crowd!!
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Being645
Above the Chemist

Alice ... visible for those on FB, I guess... :lol: ...

also Don't Drive On Ice ... and the most part of Crash And Burn

iesus
Overbomber

Back at home :D
Starting upload process ;D
There is also a good vid that i found in fb and shared on HL fb group :notworthy:
Will inform when upload ends :bat:

Edit - Not from me but good one vid

:notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
iesus
Overbomber

Not fully processed the HD as i see, but soon it will be ok ;D
Enjoy :hl: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Dunno anything about hd processing or wotnot, but we're up to Ribbons on your vids and Charlie has spotted the Wake vid / 'atomic bombs going off in the background' vibes on display, by design or luck or graphical processing it looks fking amazing mate :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: perfect tonic to a day which started with a blazing fire in the apartment block next to ours, just up the hill from Village Place. Looks like the crowd are all loving it too, wonderful to see, immeasurable thanks to you iesus from us two :D :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
iesus
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 21:56 Dunno anything about hd processing or wotnot, but we're up to Ribbons on your vids and Charlie has spotted the Wake vid / 'atomic bombs going off in the background' vibes on display, by design or luck or graphical processing it looks fking amazing mate :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: perfect tonic to a day which started with a blazing fire in the apartment block next to ours, just up the hill from Village Place. Looks like the crowd are all loving it too, wonderful to see, immeasurable thanks to you iesus from us two :D :notworthy:
My pleasure, that made your day both. Sounds a bit stress in that description :eek:
Also notice his line at the end of Ribbons, an instant classic :von: new commentary :innocent: :lol: :lol:

Edit - and a little piece from Aggelakas the previous act

i know it sounds Greek to you :innocent:
maybe it is :lol: :lol: but you will love it, Aggelakas is a top lyricist as AE. It surprised me that someone managed to bring them in the same stage, one after the other. Poems and lyrics of him are also translated to English, just google search by name and look out if interested :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Wonderful videos, iesus ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... I also love the band name in correct lettering and font over the stage. And the sound is perfect ... ;D ... such a pleasure to watch and listen ... * sigh ... and obviously the audience share this view ... ;D ... another great concert with the new songs getting ever better ... ;D ...

Many, many thanks for these ... and the setlist, the pictures and everything ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... * all swallowed of course ... ;D ...
iesus
Overbomber

And a vid of Marian shot by those lovely punk Brits (many of them from Yorkshire), also in a point shoot me singing and dancing :lol: :lol:

Lovely memento that one :D
Thanks to Heather for shooting it and share it :notworthy: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
iesus
Overbomber

Lots of very good pics in that cretan news site and newspaper

https://agonaskritis.gr/%ce%bf%ce%b9-%c ... bd-%ce%bc/

There is one with a heart, i watched the heart from the place i was and was captured in one the photos... nice moment
Also a girl was having a good time bein' noticed by Dylan... ;D

:notworthy: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 19:17 Lots of very good pics in that cretan news site and newspaper

There are really A LOT OF GREAT PHOTOS there ... :D :notworthy: ... and apart from a few phantasies like Patricia Morrision singing on Floodland ... :lol: ... the report is also quite nice ... :) ... * Fortunately, DeepL even speaks somewhat Modern Greek ...
@agonaskritis.gr wrote:
Since 1990, The Sisters Of Mercy have only been performing live. The band continues to exist to tour playing in all parts of the world gathering and confirming the adoration of the musical public.

The Sisters Of Mercy remain more than just another rock band. They are a valuable mosaic in the musical and cultural landscape of our time. Without them, the picture would be incomplete.

After the concert with Yannis Aggelakas and in the context of the 20th Chania Rock Festival, the legendary band made its appearance at around 11 o'clock at night and for an hour and a half enchanted the audience, which consisted of both older, old fans of the Sisters, as well as much younger ones who with their enthusiasm dragged the rest of the audience to dance.
iesus
Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 21:40
iesus wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 19:17 Lots of very good pics in that cretan news site and newspaper

There are really A LOT OF GREAT PHOTOS there ... :D :notworthy: ... and apart from a few phantasies like Patricia Morrision singing on Floodland ... :lol: ... the report is also quite nice ... :) ... * Fortunately, DeepL even speaks somewhat Modern Greek ...
@agonaskritis.gr wrote:
Since 1990, The Sisters Of Mercy have only been performing live. The band continues to exist to tour playing in all parts of the world gathering and confirming the adoration of the musical public.

The Sisters Of Mercy remain more than just another rock band. They are a valuable mosaic in the musical and cultural landscape of our time. Without them, the picture would be incomplete.

After the concert with Yannis Aggelakas and in the context of the 20th Chania Rock Festival, the legendary band made its appearance at around 11 o'clock at night and for an hour and a half enchanted the audience, which consisted of both older, old fans of the Sisters, as well as much younger ones who with their enthusiasm dragged the rest of the audience to dance.
Did i mention that in front of me were all GBH uk members with their big company (10-12 persons) ;D
They seems to enjoy all the bands and artists :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
iesus
Overbomber

And a Marian from YT, seems clear and good. I am watching industrykills shot at thessaloniki atm cann't check. Put it in here as ref ;D :lol:

also added Ribbons

'Are we the Baddies?'...
eklipz9999
Road Kill

Hi,

Some of my photos

Some of my videos are also on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edUvFCw ... jdYg1OUzsn

Very good show !