sisters xmas list

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

dear santa, in 2023 i would like...

1. A new album release, covering studio recordings of the "Pearson years", roughly 1993-200xish.
Singles are Crash and Burn, Summer and Romeo Down (featuring Ben on bass).

2. Another new album release, covering studio recordings of the "Catalyst/Christo years", roughly 200x-present.
Singles are Black Sail, She's A Monster and Eyes of Caligula.

3. New Album release, "Making America Great Again", as promised. This is a live album covering the best of US-based shows 83-present.
Soundboard recordings from the band archives are previously unheard by the fanbase.

4. Taylor Swift releases an acoustic cover single of Dominion / Mother Russia (Taylor's Version). It tops the US charts.
Proceeds are donated to charities involved with Ukrainian war widows and orphans.

5. Gift remastered, plus extras, released.
Extras include unheard material: new demo arrangements of Never Land and Driven Like The Snow and a cover of Snap's Rhythm Is A Dancer.

6. Another new album release, featuring as yet unheard new material.
The singles - Quantum Baby, Ray Ray and Are We Going To Be Bad?. The album rockets up the indie charts.

7. Extensive US tour. New material features prominently.
A quality soundboard recording from one of the shows leaks and is widely circulated amongst the fanbase.

8. New album release featuring studio recordings of the new-age Sisters re-arrangements of the old songs.
Singles are Flood II, Kiss The Carpet and Good Things.

9. An interesting new Sisters-style cover of MJs Smooth Criminal appears on the live set list.
Von moonwalks on stage.

10. At the last US date Taylor Swift unexpectedly joins the band on stage for Dominion, and sticks around to also contribute vocals to On The Beach, Lucretia , Temple Of Love and This Corrosion.
She doesn't dress in black.

11. Someone in the fanbase uncovers and distributes bootlegs of Ritual and the Vision Thing sessions.
Turns out Ritual is rubbish but the "polished" version of Doctor Jeep is amazing.

12. New album released featuring all of the cover versions played over the years in the live set. Studio recordings by the current lineup.
Singles include Police Car, Ghostrider and That's When I Reach For My Revolver.

13. Weird Al Yankovic releases a TSOM parody cover single, Confection.
Lyrics include "Sugary child / bake for me / make your jam tarts..." and "Confection: om nom nom. nom nom. nom"

edit: added #13, sorry santa i forgot that one
Last edited by alanm on 01 Dec 2022, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
GC
Slight Overbomber

alanm wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 05:55 dear santa, in 2023 i would like...

1. A new album release, covering studio recordings of the "Pearson years", roughly 1993-200xish.
Singles are Crash and Burn, Summer and Romeo Down (featuring Ben on bass).

2. Another new album release, covering studio recordings of the "Catalyst/Christo years", roughly 200x-present.
Singles are Black Sail, She's A Monster and Eyes of Caligula.

3. New Album release, "Making America Great Again", as promised. This is a live album covering the best of US-based shows 83-present.
Soundboard recordings from the band archives are previously unheard by the fanbase.

4. Taylor Swift releases an acoustic cover single of Dominion / Mother Russia (Taylor's Version). It tops the US charts.
Proceeds are donated to charities involved with Ukrainian war widows and orphans.

5. Gift remastered, plus extras, released.
Extras include unheard material: new demo arrangements of Never Land and Driven Like The Snow and a cover of Snap's Rhythm Is A Dancer.

6. Another new album release, featuring as yet unheard new material.
The singles - Quantum Baby, Ray Ray and Are We Going To Be Bad?. The album rockets up the indie charts.

7. Extensive US tour. New material features prominently.
A quality soundboard recording from one of the shows leaks and is widely circulated amongst the fanbase.

8. New album release featuring studio recordings of the new-age Sisters re-arrangements of the old songs.
Singles are Flood II, Kiss The Carpet and Good Things.

9. An interesting new Sisters-style cover of MJs Smooth Criminal appears on the live set list.
Von moonwalks on stage.

10. At the last US date Taylor Swift unexpectedly joins the band on stage for Dominion, and sticks around to also contribute vocals to On The Beach, Lucretia , Temple Of Love and This Corrosion.
She doesn't dress in black.

11. Someone in the fanbase uncovers and distributes bootlegs of Ritual and the Vision Thing sessions.
Turns out Ritual is rubbish but the "polished" version of Doctor Jeep is amazing.

12. New album released featuring all of the cover versions played over the years in the live set. Studio recordings by the current lineup.
Singles include Police Car, Ghostrider and That's When I Reach For My Revolver.
..... Andrew Eldritch in a Pear Tree.
g44fr
Road Kill

I just want « she’s a monster » « better reptile » and « on the beach » with a very good sound in order to enjoy a lot
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

alanm
Amphetamine Filth

GC wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 12:39 ..... Andrew Eldritch in a Pear Tree.
dear santa, i would not object to this as long as it also features a lot of cats and goes viral on the tubes.
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

You've a better chance of the cat turning in an LP than the SISTERS.
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Dear Santa, none of the above please
mh
Above the Chemist

14. Wayne rejoins the Sisters. Writing sessions begin for a new LP, Von turns up with Wide Receiver and nothing else, rejects all Wayne's songs, there's a huge fight and they split up again.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

taylor wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 20:16 Dear Santa, none of the above please
:lol: :lol: :lol:

@taylor, access to a time machine?
Goths have feelings too
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

taylor wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 20:16 Dear Santa, none of the above please
dear santa, ok i am willing to compromise on taylor's attire, she can get up like a young patti m if she wants to
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I'd go for raw recordings from mixing desk/deck of new songs.
But all we might got be the rest of Christo-Smith songs live. One day. Maybe. Depends on the mood.
ReptileHause
Road Kill

I'd be happy with a new tee which uses the original MR logo on the front but also has a future date on the back, that gets everyone very excited about its' significance... and then this date subsequently passes, ithout any comment or activity whatsoever.
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

alanm wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 05:55 13. Weird Al Yankovic releases a TSOM parody cover single, Confection.
Lyrics include "Sugary child / bake for me / make your jam tarts..." and "Confection: om nom nom. nom nom. nom"
Thanks to our new AI overlords I can now reveal the full lyrics of this masterpiece.

Confection

Sugary child
Bake for me, Make your
jam tarts. And that sweet banana
bread. Cake for me. So much icing!
Some say I'm growing fat and
Craving soda
Cookies, pasty, more glaze...
Confection: Dusting sugar!

Stand these cupcakes on the shelf and
Wear your apron on your sleeve
Bake a cake that you can see through
See yourself inside
I'll be your inspiration
Whisk away what you believe
Make a mess of your confection
Take away my diet and, leave
Nothing, but the crumbs
More glaze...

Sugary child
Bake for me, Make your
jam tarts. And that sweet banana ....
Confection: baking soda!
Confection: Om nom nom. nom nom. nom
Confection: icing sugar!

Somehow the snack takes over, and the cravings coming through
Somehow I do my buying, stocking up and eating out for you
This way the stout takes over, temptation coming through
This way I do my dieting, giving up and binging out for you
Confection: drinking mocha!

Child (Baking)
Biscotti (But the crumbs)
Make your jam tarts (use more glaze)
Some say I'm growing fat and
Craving soda
Down around my waistline (Nothing)
Cake for me (but the crumbs)
So much eating: See the pounds come up around your ...
Confection: Beating butter
Confection: Fudge unfold
mh
Above the Chemist

Flourshow is better. :twisted:

Or Food I and Food II.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

GC wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 12:39 ..... Andrew Eldritch in a Pear Tree.
Avocado tree, surely?
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

alanm wrote: 25 Apr 2023, 10:34
alanm wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 05:55 13. Weird Al Yankovic releases a TSOM parody cover single, Confection.
Thanks to our new AI overlords I can now reveal the full lyrics of this masterpiece.

Confection

Sugary child
Bake for me, Make your
Today in generative AI we can get a version of this parody cover!
Seemingly performed by an 80s synth pop band?

https://suno.com/song/ebd115c9-8032-46b ... b0370ad183
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Which c**t-bastard is chatting FUCKING Xmas ???
's only Spring. I like Spring, Every year i enjoy seeing the trees blossom. i love it when the floor is covered in the purple & pink s**t & i make my annual plan to fill a bin-liner or 2 full of it & pour it all around my fairy, Lady Gargoyle,
image hosting
She would love that, she smiles when you take her flowers.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
NineWhileNine
Road Kill

alanm wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 05:55 11. Someone in the fanbase uncovers and distributes bootlegs of Ritual and the Vision Thing sessions.
edit: added #13, sorry santa i forgot that one
what is Ritual? a bootleg?
irresponsible decision making
mh
Above the Chemist

Ritual is the 1985 demo of the song that became Come Together. Von had written it for the second Sisters LP, and it featured in his projected tracklists. This was back at a time when doing the second LP with the Hussey/Adams lineup was still the intent.

It's never been available on any bootleg, but a handful of people have heard it (I haven't) and it's said to not have been wildly different to Come Together.