RSD Reptile House

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
maggieloveshopey
Road Kill

no details that I can see as yet, but it's on the list for this year

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/media/vgyh ... -pdf-1.pdf

probably daft expensive, but a purple vinyl would be nice.

(did search to see if this was already posted but for some reason I couldn't find the "new release" section of the boards....)
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

1 x 180g 12" smokey marbled vinyl album. RSD 2023.

Says https://recordstoreday.se/

Take my money.
iesus
Overbomber

well said :lol: :lol: ;D :notworthy: :bat:

reminds me this classic meme

:bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Woo hoo! A poster = meh
Goths have feelings too
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Somebody make a smokey purple CD FFS ;D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
mh
Above the Chemist

I need a new copy, my old one is shagged, so it could be a (drum roll) Better Reptile!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

I’m pretty excited about all the movement in the Sisters-sphere with the previous release of the BBC sessions, Gift, and now a Reptile House Reprint. Would be cool to get an official reprint of something like Damage Done for a future RSD release
:von: Check out my Artwork: https://x.com/NicksArtCorner :von:
Pat
Slight Overbomber

£35 and 2000 copies in England and the colonies.

https://www.diversevinyl.com/wp-content ... t-2023.pdf
Pista
Cureboi

Pat wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 21:58 £35 and 2000 copies in England and the colonies.

https://www.diversevinyl.com/wp-content ... t-2023.pdf
Bargain :roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paint it black

Clearly it is felt that the goth pound is strong
Goths have feelings too
nomad
Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 23:57 Clearly it is felt that the goth pound is strong
It's the indie pound according to the listing... :innocent:
paint it black

nomad wrote: 17 Feb 2023, 17:32
paint it black wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 23:57 Clearly it is felt that the goth pound is strong
Presumably at least some is going to Von as he still owns the rights to RH. Guessing that’s why it’s been chosen
Goths have feelings too
Pista
Cureboi

paint it black wrote: 17 Feb 2023, 17:35
Presumably at least some is going to Von as he still owns the rights to RH. Guessing that’s why it’s been chosen
Not too sure. It's listed as Rhino (although some sheets list Parlophone).
Both of those are owned by Warner Music Group.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Indian Rupee will be more appreciated as things progress until RipOffDay :innocent: :lol: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote: 17 Feb 2023, 17:35
I'd be reluctant to assume Eldritch has any knowledge, or control of this.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
paint it black

Well RH is the only thing he held onto.
Goths have feelings too
iesus
Overbomber

paint it black wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 16:32 Well RH is the only thing he held onto.
this means that he signed a sort of contract to be released ?
'Are we the Baddies?'...
mh
Above the Chemist

Von sold the rights to the independent material back in the early 90s, which enabled the SGWBM collection to be released. He's on record as stating that he kept Reptile House, although he must have granted some kind of long term or perpetual license, so perhaps it's only the publishing he still owns?

Don't ask me to provide a link, this was something mentioned in passing in an interview years ago, or information obtained from "sources close to the band", or something else I don't remember. PiB may be better able to source it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Moderate Mick
Road Kill

Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 21:09 I’m pretty excited about all the movement in the Sisters-sphere with the previous release of the BBC sessions, Gift, and now a Reptile House Reprint. Would be cool to get an official reprint of something like Damage Done for a future RSD release
Absolutely agree, but I suspect beyond Wake as an audio CD and download release, after all nobody is buying dvd’s anymore, then that is likely to be it.

Do I give up waiting for new stuff and end my self imposed live boycott and start buying the bloody tee shirts…
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

like many other people here my copy is well shagged. not gouged and burned like an idiot chimpanzee had used it as an ashtray but just played to death. With LOVE.
Maybe i would consider paying that much for a new copy if it was an 83 original with lyric insert and the money WASNT going to a Time-Warner owned Parlophone (EMI ffs!)
Anyway these days if i want to listen to it (and i do -all the time) i play @robertzombie 's superlative "shine like thunder" (lesser quality needle-drops are also available, no doubt) which in its digital media-less form can't be played to it's death, just mine.
With LOVE. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
GC
Slight Overbomber

Moderate Mick wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 21:38
Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 21:09 I’m pretty excited about all the movement in the Sisters-sphere with the previous release of the BBC sessions, Gift, and now a Reptile House Reprint. Would be cool to get an official reprint of something like Damage Done for a future RSD release
Absolutely agree, but I suspect beyond Wake as an audio CD and download release, after all nobody is buying dvd’s anymore, then that is likely to be it.

Do I give up waiting for new stuff and end my self imposed live boycott and start buying the bloody tee shirts…
T-shirts are our methadone.
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I hear it has a new mix of Kiss (Reprise)... ;D
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
mh
Above the Chemist

Gaijin wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 23:25 I hear it has a new mix of Kiss (Reprise)... ;D
Essential purchase! I'll buy 20!
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Didn't a Paris fashion house recently want to use Lights as part of a soundtrack of a fashion night and :von: wasn't keen as he reckoned its production wasn't great?
The Chancer Corporation
Being645
Above the Chemist

abridged wrote: 24 Feb 2023, 15:34 Didn't a Paris fashion house recently want to use Lights as part of a soundtrack of a fashion night and :von: wasn't keen as he reckoned its production wasn't great?
Rick Owens, like here ...