Death Cult

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Just seen this

https://bnds.us/av9vtr
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

!!!!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
mh
Above the Chemist

Got Belfast and Dublin on pre-sale 8)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

same here with Norwich!
Bill Farmyard
Road Kill

Same here with Sheffield and Glasgow presale.

This is going to be epic!!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Between October and December Nottingham Rock City have The m*****n, Death Cult, The Sisters and NMA. Any chance of a Neffs gig as well?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Will buy mine for Belfast this week probably. But a bit reluctant to pay 60 quid for a Cult ticket...
The Chancer Corporation
Bill Farmyard
Road Kill

It’s a shame the Manchester gig clashes with the girls in Newcastle.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i'm well up for this. will be Rock City for me.,

EDIT: I am NOT paying £60 for The Death Cult at Rock City! :eek:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 23:45 i'm well up for this. will be Rock City for me.,

EDIT: I am NOT paying £60 for The Death Cult at Rock City! :eek:
Feel the same and find Rock city a horrible venue when packed .
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it's always a rough crowd there, to the point where we don't like going. some of our gang felt that they were in danger last time, that's not right. (not a sisters gig)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

the last couple of times ive seen The Sisters there has been unbearable. They oversell the capacity badly and theres nowhere you can actually see the band from comfortably. i will most likely skip the nov date there.. Saying that the last gig i went to there was NMA who will sell any night out twice over and it wasnt too full, which makes me think that maybe they have chaged policy -probably due to fire licensing. either way round it is a £30 venue & i aint paying double that to watch the Ass-bury murder his best era songs.

all gigs are full Hells Angels security so any threat felt is very very unlikely to materialise because they will stamp the f**k out of any one who starts.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

that doesn't stop the crowd being drunk assholes. security have done sweet FA when there have been women down the front being shoved and pulled because the place is too full and drunks don't care who the band are, they just want to be where someone else is so that they can shout idiocies at the stage. Several of my friends are very wary of going there now.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

emilystrange wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 14:09 that doesn't stop the crowd being drunk assholes. security have done sweet FA when there have been women down the front being shoved and pulled because the place is too full and drunks don't care who the band are, they just want to be where someone else is so that they can shout idiocies at the stage. Several of my friends are very wary of going there now.
crazy! f**king drunk assholes are the worst especially at gigs! ladies who have to deal with these assholes...stump on the foot and knee to the balls then warn the people around it's a stupid drunk.
all security should remove those idiots which happens here once you have told them to do it.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

They should indeed! Rock City has a name for being rough. Amongst my friends, anyway. If you're EMW, no one's going to mess with you
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Didn't Ian Asbury and That Guitarist chant on stage during the first Sisterhood concert, some crap about :von: hair falling out. And this at a time that his medication was a huge problem? Having friends who rode the beast and chased the dragon, I've got little tolerance for that kind of childish behavior.

That having been said, I do genuinely hope you each enjoy the show. I think having the 3 lineups is a fabulous idea. :)
This place is death with walls
SmileySister

Liverpool for me :)
Serialforeigner
Road Kill

The general admission tickets are sold out for London. The only ones left are £300 for a VIP package that only consists of a general entry ticket and some merch. That's scandalous.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Blimey. VIPs I go to get a tour of the stage set up, sound check entry, Q&A, early merch access, lanyard, individual photo and i think we're getting a bag this time too. For a LOT less money than that. And if you apply, you're in a draw to play a song with the band in soundcheck.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

Serialforeigner wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 21:40 The general admission tickets are sold out for London. The only ones left are £300 for a VIP package that only consists of a general entry ticket and some merch. That's scandalous.
OMG! Those kind of funds usually include meet and greet with band members. That IS scandalous.
This place is death with walls
Silver_Owl
The Don

Saw them last night at the dreaded Rock City. Band were outstanding I have to say. Tighter and more energetic than back in the day if anything.
Downside - Yes, the tickets were overpriced, merch was overpriced - £40 for a T shirt.

No sign of any trouble - friendly crowd. And it was rammed.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, I went last night, really enjoyed it but I wasn't tempted by the 40 quid shirts.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Garbageman

Was at the Nottingham show last night and what can I say? From the Clockwork Orange opening to Sanctuary , they were on fire. Extremely powerful.
Silver_Owl
The Don

ribbons69 wrote: 14 Nov 2023, 11:57 Yeah, I went last night, really enjoyed it but I wasn't tempted by the 40 quid shirts.
No - nor the 30 quid signed photocopy of Bill Duffy. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Garbageman wrote: 14 Nov 2023, 13:35 Was at the Nottingham show last night and what can I say? From the Clockwork Orange opening to Sanctuary , they were on fire. Extremely powerful.
Agreed. :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.