Creativity interview

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

great interview
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I recently agreed a deal with Universal.
:eek:
Being645
Above the Chemist

... I thought everything was fine until they came back and said, “Ah, but we want three times the amount of product you thought you were agreeing to.” They just can’t stop themselves being stupid.
... :wink: :lol: ...

Really a good interview by an interesting website ... :D ...
Todashi

Agreed. A lovely read of a Tuesday morning.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Excellent engaging read, many thanks for the link, and welcome to Heartland :)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

... "all my songs are in A" is just Von taking the p*ss, right?
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

alanm wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 12:42 ... "all my songs are in A" is just Von taking the p*ss, right?
A sweeping generalisation? Many early songs were and those that weren't don't tend to get played?
Oh OH orrr he's secretly admitting to only writing the songs in A? Haha
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Thank you so much for sharing this.
Great read. Always a few more snippets to this extraordinary personality. Even if he thinks biographical details are not necessary I still value them. ;D
Chaotican

This is the most informative, illuminating interview I’ve read. And the most relevant and real history, I imagine. The description of Alice as an internal pivot point is more magical than any myth. Love this; much appreciated.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Regarding Von‘s inability to work with someone for over a decade because they won’t install windows… I wonder if he is addressing Chris there.
If so - come on, Chris! - you CAN do it! Just to please us. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Ooops, I got a bit ahead of myself. That would mean he will rejoin the Sisters. :wink:
Damaged+Done
Road Kill

Nothing about the weekend but interesting as always.

At the same time, the usual frustration; when you would like to live in a world where people only do whatever they want ... how annoying is it when that person happens to be the creative decision maker in your favourite band.

https://thecreativeindependent.com/peop ... instincts/
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Interesting read, thank you.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Already posted in the Reviews & Interviews section, it is a brilliant read though :)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I wonder what he's doing for Universal?
The Chancer Corporation
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

abridged wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 18:51 I wonder what he's doing for Universal?
Maybe I read too much into words unspoken but I got the impression the thing with Universal went nowhere whatsoever /no longer exists due to their incompetence and overdemanding. It's also probably worth noting that 'recently' in Von-speak could be any time in the last 30 years or so ;D
satanarchist
Road Kill

abridged wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 18:51 I wonder what he's doing for Universal?
Probably absolutely nothing
H. Blackrose

Todashi wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 09:08
I recently agreed a deal with Universal.
:eek:
There's so much stuff we just never get to hear about until Von announces it never happened. Like the idea of hiding an entire new album in a GTA game
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
H. Blackrose

Von wrote: I work with one person at the moment who’s spent more than a decade refusing to install the operating system that I use when I’m working on music. It’s a very strange and arcane system called Windows. We may start collaborating properly if the person in question learns to operate this system. We shall see.
Windows? I'm very disappointed that Von has sold out and is no longer using DOS 3.3. More seriously, I thought recent Doktors were Macs?
Esoterica
Road Kill

Warner’s, Universal. Different faces, same concept, no? Many musicians/songwriters have at least occasional trouble with the legal deep end. This is due to the fact that many of them don’t have any working knowledge of the legal gymnastics that is contact law.

I disagree that formal musical training is worthless, however. No education is ever really wasted. I like Chopin. A musician’s fingers don’t “naturally make Chopin shapes.” Not on your life. Even Mozart had rigorous musical training. Ask his Dad. Leopold wasn’t exactly a spoonful of sugar. Many very successful bands, heavy metal or not, have had a member or two with a background in classical music. Van Halen did. Edward Van Halen, a legend on the guitar, often credited his fame to his classical training. Just listen to “Eruption.” Some people are naturally gifted, but every talent needs refining.

And all power requires responsibility. The tab for which will be exacted in the end.

Fascinating interview, thanks!
copper
Amphetamine Filth

H. Blackrose wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 00:23
Von wrote: I work with one person at the moment who’s spent more than a decade refusing to install the operating system that I use when I’m working on music. It’s a very strange and arcane system called Windows. We may start collaborating properly if the person in question learns to operate this system. We shall see.
Windows? I'm very disappointed that Von has sold out and is no longer using DOS 3.3. More seriously, I thought recent Doktors were Macs?
Nah, he's been rollling with Debian Linux for years now. Yet, he does his music with Cubase, which is currently available only for Win & Mac.

The Doks are indeed Macs atm. Must be fun to maintain multiple systems over the years, tho. Small wonder he claims to tinker with computers a lot.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Boomer with no mortgage reads spy thrillers shocker.
H. Blackrose

copper wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 09:21 Nah, he's been rollling with Debian Linux for years now. Yet, he does his music with Cubase, which is currently available only for Win & Mac.
I've been a Linux tragic for a couple of decades and I do my music with Rosegarden, which is an expression of masochism on my part
AndyDiagram
Road Kill

Saw this interview with AE week. It provided some great context and counterbalance to the negativity that was there for the Roundhouse gigs. Well worth a read.

Pista
Cureboi

AndyDiagram wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 08:10 Saw this interview with AE week. It provided some great context and counterbalance to the negativity that was there for the Roundhouse gigs. Well worth a read.

Hello & welcome to :hl: :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity