Interview with Chris Catalyst November 2023

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Pista
Cureboi

Quite a lengthy interview.

Not much on The Sisters but quite a lot for any gear heads around here :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Nice read, cheers for the link Steve :D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

And also confirmation that Dylan was fired
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

lazarus corporation wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 13:57 And also confirmation that Dylan was fired
beat me to it!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 14:03
lazarus corporation wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 13:57 And also confirmation that Dylan was fired
beat me to it!
Gagging order might suggest paid off. Good to see Chris had his begging bowl out for his old job prior to RH.
Goths have feelings too
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Kai is great, the band are better with them (and with Dylan) than they were when I saw them with Chris

And anyway it's a moot point because clearly Eldritch will need about 5 years holiday after this tour and it's not as if they're going into the studio
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Esoterica
Road Kill

Five years holiday would make him about what, 70?
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Esoterica wrote: 09 Nov 2023, 00:06 Five years holiday would make him about what, 70?
Yeah, 68 or 69. How long can he continue, even if he wants to? That said, Alice Cooper is still playing live and he's in his mid 70's.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Esoterica
Road Kill

Hmm. It seems that there are a lot of “older” rock stars on tour these days. Is there a dearth of talent in the younger generations or are older generations just hogging space and time? Kinda like boxers who refuse to quit boxing until they’re damn well dead? :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

I don't see that in former times musicians (and/or other artists) retired earlier. Many worked until the very end as they had to pay the rent out of often rather low pay. And even if some manoeuvred themselves into a favourable position, they would be subject to the moods of their sponsors and have no guarantee for a lifetime.

Beyond that, why give something up that actually entails fun, pleasure, joy and yeah, some income?

Nowadays, music is consumed in a different way, track by track, from large databases on a mobile, downloaded fast (or not even) and soon forgotten, while always looking for the next sensation to spread to receive feedback, gain followers, become as present as an influence as ever possible oneself ... Rock culture as it was - and still is represented by all these aged but active musician - might dissolve sooner or later and be replaced by ... well, I don't know and can't even imagine... KI-generated stuff maybe developed along big data majority norm queries designed to fulfil / secure limited horizons decided upon by whoever think themselves god-like enough to use and rule "their" domestic cattle ... very, very boring.

OK, fortunately there are loads of young bands doing their thing and fortunately they have means now to spread it all over the world. And after all, I can't see that they were in any way neglected and didn't have chances to tour. Looking at venue calendars, I hardly know any of the bands presented there, so they definitely have their share. Never been easier.
Esoterica
Road Kill

Depends on the musician(s). In this case, I was referring to rock stars specifically. This is how the category of “nostalgia” or “reunion touring” came into being. Rock and roll used to be mostly a young man’s game (there are a few exceptions). Now, a lot of older bands retire and then reverse that decision, after discovering that retirement bores them to tears.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Rock'n Roll was developed in the last century and those then young are still doing it. The so-called reunions were, IMHO, described as such by record companies in order to maximise attention and thus profits drawing on earlier sucesses. And their time is - tedious as they were - fortunately long gone again. The nostalgia labelling has always seemed to me an invention of certain more recent wouldbe god-likes in the music press to take influence and describe (and dis) acts they just didn't like for one reason or other.

There are so many bands that disappeared and would be welcomed by former audiences just because they were part of their own past ... and of times and views and perspectives they decided to shelve for some imaginary greater good ... life doesn't run linear, though, but in phases and waves all of which coming with their specific aspirations and needs ... The idea of that one way up along only one thread and the following inevitable decline towards death with every year of age is now longer valid in our new digital world order ... at least not as long as people can develop as freely as here, atm. But of course, even now, there are other, terrible places ...