Gary Marx's Shergold Masquerader (a shrunken version)

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
GinaB1970
Road Kill

I couldn't wait to make this one, so here is my attempt to a mini version of Gary Marx’s first real owned guitar, a Shergold Masquerader. I found some very nice information about it here at the heartland forum! Thank you so much! This one has 5 strings with the wild ends still attached as I saw in a video. I’m not sure if it should be missing more strings as I read that Gary liked the sound of the A and D strings the best. I can take more away if it’s so. With the crash the headstock snapped completely of, this one has it’s headstock still in place, so it’s still playable :wink: . Usualy I add a fiber or a little piece from the original object into the mini. So if there is anyone who has a teeny tiny piece of tape of wich the original is taped together with, I'll add it to it... :lol: :wink:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

That's a thing of beauty, well done!
GinaB1970
Road Kill

timsinister wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 16:48 That's a thing of beauty, well done!
Thank you so much!
dubler6
Road Kill

That is awesome. Again, excellent work.
GinaB1970
Road Kill

dubler6 wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 23:13 That is awesome. Again, excellent work.
Thank you! :)
Being645
Above the Chemist

Wow, it's astonishing how perfect it looks and how fast you can make these things ... bravo !!! ... :D :D :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Pista
Cureboi

That's really cool.
The Reptile House stickers are perfect
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Holy crap.@GinaB1970 that is amazing.

I own that guitar (as you will know, from the thread elsewhere on the forum) - it's in a case in my attic :D

That is incredible!

May I buy that model from you?

The sticky tape holding the wires in is so old and dry - its been on there since the mid 80s :lol:

I'd gladly try to remove a piece for you to add, but its not sticky anymore. I'll have to go into my attic and see what's what.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
GinaB1970
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote: 01 May 2024, 16:36 Holy crap.@GinaB1970 that is amazing.

I own that guitar (as you will know, from the thread elsewhere on the forum) - it's in a case in my attic :D

That is incredible!

May I buy that model from you?

The sticky tape holding the wires in is so old and dry - its been on there since the mid 80s :lol:

I'd gladly try to remove a piece for you to add, but its not sticky anymore. I'll have to go into my attic and see what's what.
Oh my goodness that would be great!! I don't sell the miniatures, I make miniatures from objects that have a special meaning to me and add a fiber or piece of the original into the mini. That started a long time ago. All that I have created is taking part in a fantasy magic forest with a fantasy musicbox. I want to add TSOM to this music box because to me it belongs there. There are also instruments of my dad and daughter taking part. What a long story now haha. But I want to say that if you send me an original piece of that tape to add to this guitar, I will make you one too! Then you will be the owner of this guitar in both the big and the tiny world :)
GinaB1970
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: 01 May 2024, 11:12 Wow, it's astonishing how perfect it looks and how fast you can make these things ... bravo !!! ... :D :D :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Thank you so much! Well It took me about two weeks (research included) and lots of focus and commitment to an actually slow progress (to me). But it's all worth it :)
GinaB1970
Road Kill

Pista wrote: 01 May 2024, 11:46 That's really cool.
The Reptile House stickers are perfect
Thank you so much!
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I am enjoying your posts Gina.

Everything looks great, especially with the items grouped together in your one picture.

I'm especially impressed with the wear shown on the back of Mark's guitar and the stickers.

Details matter and you certainly seem to notice them.

Thanks for sharing your work.
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
GinaB1970
Road Kill

Gaijin wrote: 02 May 2024, 20:37 I am enjoying your posts Gina.

Everything looks great, especially with the items grouped together in your one picture.

I'm especially impressed with the wear shown on the back of Mark's guitar and the stickers.

Details matter and you certainly seem to notice them.

Thanks for sharing your work.
Thank you so much! :)