iTunes now available for Windows...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Sweet !

http://www.apple.com/

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
MoonKnight
Road Kill

I am using itunes more than a year (mac) and I must say it rules...

Such an easy CD-Copy-Programm, including (like Winamp and Co.) your mp3 list to listen music on comp, plays if you like to the music moving pictures, and has lots of Internet-Radio-Streams also...

I just can say it rules, how the windows version will be I dunno, but for mac-users best mp3-software ever!!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

dont use it!

i've just downloaded it and itunes has completely f*cked my mp3 collection on my work pc...

its retagged mp3s, renamed the files and then re-ordered the folders... and it's got at least 50% of them wrong.

for example: all my sisters boots have been copied into one "unknown artist" folder. all the files in the same folder! and my copy of iggy's "the idiot" has been split and placed into individual folders named after the song title... its made a right mess of loads of stuff.

so unless all your mp3s are ID3 tagged perfectly, and correspond with the itunes database (which is obviously sh*t) your mp3 collection will be f*cked.

avoid like the plague. will take me ages to re-sort them all out into some usable folder structure...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
MoonKnight
Road Kill

That I had could tell you before!!

I would avoid to use it for PC if your are not Mac-User...

Itunes (on mac he does) he put all in alphabetical order (depends what u wants, by interpret name or song name, song name makes no sense)...

But it depends all how you named your mp3-files... if you have some Windows-Progs for ur PC, keep em, otherwise Itunes put all into a big mess...

and the other thing is, if not all your files are true mp3 the mess will be bigger, Itunes needs own file where all the mp3´s are in... otherwise he find nothing... so hands away PC-Users, my clue...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:urff: :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Big Si
School Bully

Taxi for Padstar?

;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Still good software..... i guess that side of it is not good :(

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:dont use it!

i've just downloaded it and itunes has completely f*cked my mp3 collection on my work pc...

its retagged mp3s, renamed the files and then re-ordered the folders... and it's got at least 50% of them wrong.

for example: all my sisters boots have been copied into one "unknown artist" folder. all the files in the same folder! and my copy of iggy's "the idiot" has been split and placed into individual folders named after the song title... its made a right mess of loads of stuff.

so unless all your mp3s are ID3 tagged perfectly, and correspond with the itunes database (which is obviously sh*t) your mp3 collection will be f*cked.

avoid like the plague. will take me ages to re-sort them all out into some usable folder structure...

Then you first run it, there's a check box that asks you if you want iTunes to organize your music folder.

Apparently, you had it checked.

If you don't want it to touch your tags, just tell it not to when you first run it.
James Blast
Banned

Then you first run it, there's a check box that asks you if you want iTunes to organize your music folder.

If you don't want it to touch your tags, just tell it not to when you first run it.[/quote]

apart from that iTunes is a top notch program once you get used to it's quirks, I was using MusicMatch Jukebox for years till I went OS 9. iTunes has a lot of redeeming features, play with it for a while before doing anything drastic.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

cocoamix wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:dont use it!

If you don't want it to touch your tags, just tell it not to when you first run it.
Congrats, your filth! :wink: :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

You can also join the discussion with the Uber-geeks here.

Unfortunately, my PCs at work run archaic scietific software that only runs in Win98.

Meh, I listen to music on my iPod at work anyway.

There's also an steam of the event, with appearances by Bono, Dr. Dre, Mick, Jagger, and a performance by Sarch McLachlan.

No Von though. :( :P
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Hmm, given it a try.

Can't say I'm too impressed with it, at least for the uses I have for it. Think I'll stick to Winamp 2 with the Album list plugin! :)
24.24.2.489 Deceased
James Blast
Banned

[quote="cocoamix"]You can also join the discussion with the Uber-geeks here.

cheers Cocoa

regards
James Blast
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:D
i think itunes is a very strong program, but i havent found the possibility to just open up a mp3 and listen to it if you havent made a playlist.
but i think this is my "not-knowing". on macOS i'm using winamp too (besides quicktime6)
James Blast
Banned

Good Call JB!
I still prefer MM JukeBox, it was so simple to organise, iTunes moves in mysterious ways as Bongo of Ewe 2 would say. I will stick with it, mainly because I'm a Mac kinda guy :D

regards
Blast
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
randdebiel²

it will be much better for my iPod :) love that thing :)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
jenzi-benzi

so,
i used itunes for about a week on my windowsxp pc, and it is very nice and comfortable (unless you dont let itunes organize your libary.
the only two s**t are:
where the ogg and mp3pro support?
Do I drive or am I driven?
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

jenzi-benzi wrote:so,
i used itunes for about a week on my windowsxp pc, and it is very nice and comfortable (unless you dont let itunes organize your libary.
the only two **** are:
where the ogg and mp3pro support?
OGG support is here.

Or maybe it's already been there for a while.

AAC sounds spiffy to me, so I've not bothered with OGG so far.

He was the guy in Time Bandits, yes?

Which one is he?
jenzi-benzi

nice this is for mac os, using a pc as i mentioned before
Do I drive or am I driven?
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

jenzi-benzi wrote:nice this is for mac os, using a pc as i mentioned before
Sorry, but what's a PC?

:?: :P

Look to the Open Source community to offer a plug-in soon if Apple doesn't.
There are rumors of iPods in Cupertino playing OGG files already.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

cocoamix wrote:Sorry, but what's a PC?
LOL! :twisted: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

Now I remember, a PC is what you can't do THIS with.

A 9MB movie of Panther Expose' in action.

Sooo trippy, man.
James Blast
Banned

Cocoa, yer evil..... but I like you!

hehehehehehe
James MacBlast
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

cocoamix wrote: AAC sounds spiffy to me, so I've not bothered with OGG so far.

He was the guy in Time Bandits, yes?

Which one is he?
The handsome looking one on the left, wearing the helmet with only one horn.

Ogg, Fidgit, Randall and Wally, with Strutter and Vermin behind.

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
pikkrong
Overbomber

Now you made me miss this film :roll:
do i drive
or am i driven