Roll 'em up and put em on stage

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Geoff - now owner of The Phono in Leeds - once told me how he had booked the band to play a vanue in the early days (he was a Promoter back then).

The time of the gig was nigh and the band had failed to show, so he tracked them down to a nearby pub, where they were completely intoxicated, threw them in the back of the van, and put them on stage. His exact description of the gig (he told me this 10 years ago, but it stays with me) was that they were, in his words "completely f***ing s**t". Guess they got better with age! Wish I knew the date to match it to a bootleg...

No idea how true this, but anyone still in Leeds could interogate Geoff for further details. :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Sisters? or was it anyone of millions of bands, need more info.

regards
James Blast
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

yes "the band" = "the sisters" :)
James Blast
Banned

Ta!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

never heard that one before... but i wouldnt put it past mr phono to talk bollocks, he does like to "big himself up" somewhat :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?