Tanzwut: bagpipes a-go-go

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Lowrider
Road Kill

Just a quick note to thank whoever it was who recommended Tanzwut. I've been browsing their website and will probably buy Ihr Wolltet Spass.

Knorkator are quite good too, but not as bagpipey.

Are there any other German goth metal folk medieval cabaret artists I should be aware of?

thanks! :lol:
LR
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Lowrider wrote:Just a quick note to thank whoever it was who recommended Tanzwut. I've been browsing their website and will probably buy Ihr Wolltet Spass.

Knorkator are quite good too, but not as bagpipey.

Are there any other German goth metal folk medieval cabaret artists I should be aware of?

thanks! :lol:
LR
Tanzwut are very good, but i think In Extremo are better. Try those ones. They are german too. i think the site is www.inextremo.de (but now i'm not sure). Hope you enjoy it.
zigeunerweisen

In Extremo is a mix between folk and metal, and they have some very cool workout songs. For you to have an idea they sound kind of like Rammstein with bagpipes and horns and other instruments, and they even have a Sisters of mercy cover, This Corrosion, i think.

You should also try Corvus Corax, just medieval and folk music, not metal or goth, which makes them more interesting in my opinion. They have the coolest version of "Saltarello" that i've ever heard. And they are german too.
pikkrong
Overbomber

zigeunerweisen wrote:In Extremo is a mix between folk and metal, it sounds kind of like Rammstein with bagpipes and horns and other instruments, and they even have a Sisters of mercy cover, This Corrosion, i think.

You should try Corvus Corax, medieval and folk, but not metal or goth, which makes them more interesting in my opinion. And they are german too.
am i right Corvus Corax and Tanzwut are the same guys?
at first Tanzwut was a side project of CC, right?

and, by the way, it seems to me, this thread began due to the same Sisters' cover (look at the Lambchop thread and you'll see also my opinion on In Extremo and Tanzwut) :wink:
do i drive
or am i driven
zigeunerweisen

pikkrong wrote: am i right Corvus Corax and Tanzwut are the same guys?
at first Tanzwut was a side project of CC, right?
I'm not sure, but i think so. But Tanzwut are more electronic oriented and Corvus Corax are completely acustic, which i like more. They are kind of minstrels with drums. Some of their songs, like "In Taberna", makes you think you're drinking beer in an old tavern. :D
zigeunerweisen

pikkrong wrote: and, by the way, it seems to me, this thread began due to the same Sisters' cover (look at the Lambchop thread and you'll see also my opinion on In Extremo and Tanzwut) :wink:
I missed that one. I think i'm the only Sisters fan that doesn't like that cover at all. :P
Lowrider
Road Kill

pikkrong wrote:
zigeunerweisen wrote:
and, by the way, it seems to me, this thread began due to the same Sisters' cover (look at the Lambchop thread and you'll see also my opinion on In Extremo and Tanzwut) :wink:
yeah, yeah! that was what got me to post this one. I've been listening to snippets off the web. They are fabulous! I had no idea this magical world awaited me -- I heard CC and clapped my hands in delight.

LR
zigeunerweisen

Lol, that's the spirit :D
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

@ LR-
appologies about the delay,havent forgot just stuck.

none of my email accounts are able to cope with the size of the mp3,winzipped or not,and outlook express is no longer workuing for some reason...

only alternative i can think of is if i were to pass it over to someone thru msn or kazaa perhaps who has a laregr capacity than 1mb for email attachments who could then pass it over to you

so...if theres anyone willing to help out,would be nice :)
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best