bowie

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

just back from seeing his dave-ness in (well near) birmingham.

he rocked, his band were as tight as a duck's arse and he even looks great in a tailcoat.

that is all.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

What did he sing from Never Let Me Down? :twisted:
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

who was guitarist?
I've been missing reeve gabrels recently....is he back?
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
moonchild

I would love to see Bowie.. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

I saw him twice live.Both times were over here in Zagreb(1990 and 1998).And I must say he rocked amazingly well! He's always been my favourite male solo artist.
Andrew Eldritch wrote: "I'm actually quite a decent bastard..." (New Musical Express, February 27th 1988)
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Richey told me that the guitarist was fantastic last night..... and added something else.... what was it again ????

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
James Blast
Banned

I believe Earl Slick is back slinging gee-tar for the Duke, and Snub, I really liked Time Will Crawl from NLMD, the Tonight album is his bette noir for me.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Red Sunsets wrote:I believe Earl Slick is back slinging gee-tar for the Duke, and Snub, I really liked Time Will Crawl from NLMD, the Tonight album is his bette noir for me.
I thought they fell out some time ago. Slick made soem very uncomplementary comments about him afterwards as I remember.

(BD is an ex rabid Bowie fan and owns Never Let Me Down and Tonight)
Hell is other people
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:I believe Earl Slick is back slinging gee-tar for the Duke, and Snub, I really liked Time Will Crawl from NLMD, the Tonight album is his bette noir for me.
Yeah, that is a good song. Loving The Alien is a good one as well. I read somewhere he was playing it on this tour. :notworthy:
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

i can confirm that red sunsets is correct and it is mr earl slick who is currently performing lead guitar-type duties for db. and as stated earlier he's f**king brilliant.

and loving the alien was one of many highlights last night...
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
ryan

im planning to see bowie when he comes here- as long as ashes to ashes is played i will be guarenteed at least 50- 60 years of enjoyment :D