What's in a Name

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

when it is an aribic name.

And you are BP's brother in law...who I love very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my credit cancelled over my last charge..to Amazon.com.. $50 gift cert. for my bro in law. karim.

No cert..and my card was placed on a security hold.

When I asked...holy s**t...for restaraunt I have been going to for 10 years.
and my sevearl years old amazon account charge was mentioned as why.

Racial profiling. I am soo pissses over this. So he has an aribic name.

He is my sisters hubby..../ and for gods sake born in the USA!

sorry for the rant,..

P
Big Si
School Bully

Black Planet wrote:when it is an aribic name.

And you are BP's brother in law...who I love very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my credit cancelled over my last charge..to Amazon.com.. $50 gift cert. for my bro in law. karim.

No cert..and my card was placed on a security hold.

When I asked...holy ****...for restaraunt I have been going to for 10 years.
and my years old amazon account.

Racial profiling. I am soo pissses over this. So he has an aribic name.

He is my sisters hubby..../ and for gods sake born in the USA!

sorry for the rant,..

P
Land of the brave and home of the free, eh! :? :(
One of my best mates is from Afghanistan, and he has(/had? :? ) relatives in the Taleban. Guilt by Association? :evil:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Maybe we should run a poll on the number of alcohol units BP had consumed before posting this? :eek: :innocent: :wink:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

BP you know already my opinion about USA, about Bush and his stupid war. The only thing i can say is that is a shame what is happening to your brother-in-law.
A day after the attack to the towers i was walking in the street in Porto, and some ppl looked at me, with scare in their eyes. Some ppl say that me looks arabian and in that day i was looking more arabin then ever. And i thought how can ppl be so stupid... maybe they thought that i had some bombs hidding in my dress....
So i can imagine how your brother-in-law is feeling... specially cause he is american.

Huge kisses
Clucking Belle
Amphetamine Filth

What name does he give on his pilot's licence?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Johnny Boy wrote:Maybe we should run a poll on the number of alcohol units BP had consumed before posting this? :eek: :innocent: :wink:
i can kinda understand the gist of what BP's on about... if i squint really hard, cock my head to one side and whistle adrenachrome at the same time :urff: ;D

but seriously, yep. small-mindedness, discrimination and bigotry are 3 of the most loathsome qualities we humans possess... :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Did anybody see 2 more bombs went off in Istanbul today? 150 injured, British consulate was one target. Slightly off topic I know but relevant.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
khepri II
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Clucking Belle wrote:What name does he give on his pilot's licence?

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

good heavens QB you are right again.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Loki

emilystrange wrote:good heavens QB you are right again.
Deffo. Whistling adrenachrome really helped me understand her gist.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Sorry, but I was really really angry over what happened and yes, had a bit too much wine. Geez JB...ppl are gonna wonder how you spotted that ......

I guess it just goes to show how ridiculous all this really is.

QB put it right when he said...small-mindedness, discrimination and bigotry are 3 of the most loathsome qualities we humans possess...

As for you Clucking Belle...kiss my ass.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

hear hear.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Loki

Black Planet wrote: and yes, had a bit too much wine. Geez JB...ppl are gonna wonder how you spotted that ...
I am completely fluent in 'pissed talk' - speaking and reading - after years of experience. :wink:
Black Planet wrote:As for you Clucking Belle...kiss my ass.
Roll with it.

Or file away under a) small-mindedness, b) discrimination or c) bigotry.
khepri II
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Johnny Boy wrote:
Black Planet wrote: and yes, had a bit too much wine. Geez JB...ppl are gonna wonder how you spotted that ...
I am completely fluent in 'pissed talk' - speaking and reading - after years of experience. :wink:
Black Planet wrote:As for you Clucking Belle...kiss my ass.
Roll with it.

Or file away under a) small-mindedness, b) discrimination or c) bigotry.
or

d) humour

Pogue Mahone is cool too

H.A.N.D.N :wink:
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

It's been filed JB. ;)

And god your good!~ LOL
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Black Planet wrote: As for you Clucking Belle...kiss my ass.
Sorry BP, but that would be cheating, and he's not allowed while he's holding my leash. And I agree with Khepri... :notworthy: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Black Planet wrote:QB put it right when he said...small-mindedness, discrimination and bigotry are 3 of the most loathsome qualities we humans possess...
Fear, bruteforce and ignorance are also a heady mix.

He ain't heavy, he's my Sister
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Black Planet wrote:I had my credit cancelled over my last charge..to Amazon.com.. $50 gift cert. for my bro in law. karim.
are you seriously trying to tell me that your credit card was cancelled because you ordered a gift certificate for somebody with an arabic name?

i know things have gone a bit nuts over the pond since that little incident a couple of years back but i don't remember bush and co passing a law banning terrorists from receiving amazon gift vouchers...!

i mean, it couldn't possibly have been because you didn't have enough credit could it :roll:
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

This is going to get nasty. Please stop.
Hell is other people
Clucking Belle
Amphetamine Filth

[quote="Black Planet"]

As for you Clucking Belle...kiss my ass.[/quote]

Love to. But can't. CB is strictly Kosher. Sorry for delay in response. Only just seen your post.
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

:roll:
Last edited by Black Dahlia on 21 Nov 2003, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
Hell is other people
Clucking Belle
Amphetamine Filth

No. There are always a few sticks and stones in the playground, which is what made it such fun.

And, a joke is a JOKE. Which is what started this. If BP wants to respond to a small bit of wit with offering her bottom up for kissing (pleasant a prospect as it may be), then that is fair game for a mildly funny response from me which has about as much malice in it as hers. Which I suspect isn't much.

So again, no. I refuse to have this forum turned into a sycophantic list of threads with each poster bemoaning the others misfortune, or enthusing at the others success. Or some pseudo intellectual tosh about the rights and wrongs of war etc, when none of us really know the answer.

The line gets drawn when (a) you tease someone it isn't fair to tease; or (b) you are being malicious just for the sake of it; or (c) it just isn't funny.

Then you can be playground monitor and put us in detention. Until then, I'm still pulling the hair of the chick with pig tails. Ooops, maybe not if I'm kosher. I forgot.
Clucking Belle
Amphetamine Filth

Can't say fairer than that.
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

:lol:
Hell is other people
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

RicheyJames wrote:
Black Planet wrote:I had my credit cancelled over my last charge..to Amazon.com.. $50 gift cert. for my bro in law. karim.
are you seriously trying to tell me that your credit card was cancelled because you ordered a gift certificate for somebody with an arabic name?

i know things have gone a bit nuts over the pond since that little incident a couple of years back but i don't remember bush and co passing a law banning terrorists from receiving amazon gift vouchers...!

i mean, it couldn't possibly have been because you didn't have enough credit could it :roll:
Yes Richie I am saying that. I phoned to see what was up. They said I had ample limit for my card (over $7,000 if you must know, and the charge that was denied was for $28.) I was told my card had been referred to the security department. After 30 minutes on holding, I was told the questionable charge was the last one I made to Amazon.com.
I make a lot of charges to Amazon.com so that should not have been the Red Flag so to speak. I am fairly sure it was due to the name of the recipient. Security run amok!!! As I see it.

Ok Clucking Belle and Snub Nose.

A joke is a joke is a joke. Let's all kiss and make up. :kiss: :kiss: Lips please though, not my ass. :twisted:

And I wouldn't mind seeing CB in the playground in nothing but his smalls. :wink: