Patricia`s bass guitar

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Mortus
Road Kill

I`m sorry, I`m new here and I didn`t know, is this the right "area" to ask this (or maybe it`s because i`m from Finland.. :wink:

But, I thought there are someone, who know, what kind of bass Patricia played in Floodland..?
I have been looking for it on net, but i haven`t found anything about it..

I would be glad, if somebody could help me, thank you.
--------------------------
In the light of the fact
Petseri
Overbomber

First of all, welcome to Heartland.

As to your question, I do not mean to pop your bubble, but the word floating around here is that she did not play bass on the recording. Granted, it is unconfirmed, but she may not have recorded much for the album.

Martin
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Welcome, Mortus! :D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mortus
Road Kill

Err.. Patricia didn`t play bass..?
That`s unfortunately.. I din`t know..
Did she play anything?

But does someone know, what`s that bass she "play" in video? (This corrosion). It`s nice looking.
I`m buying a bass and I thought if I could find a similar somewhere.. I`m studying to use a drum machine (zoom rt123), but I haven`t found a nice sounds yet..=/
In the light of the fact
Silver_Owl
The Don

Petseri wrote:First of all, welcome to Heartland.

As to your question, I do not mean to pop your bubble, but the word floating around here is that she did not play bass on the recording. Granted, it is unconfirmed, but she may not have recorded much for the album.

Martin
How dare you. :roll:
And welcome Mortus
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Welcome, Mortus 8)
do i drive
or am i driven
Petseri
Overbomber

You may get some of the aforementioned unconfirmed tidbits in this thread: http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=861

I have no idea about the bass used in the video, but I am sure that some of the musicians around here can point you in the right direction.

Martin
Silver_Owl
The Don

Why do you want the same one she used anyway?
Get the one Tony James used instead, you'll look much cooler (and the top hat).
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Big Si
School Bully

Mortus wrote:I`m sorry, I`m new here and I didn`t know, is this the right "area" to ask this (or maybe it`s because i`m from Finland.. :wink:

But, I thought there are someone, who know, what kind of bass Patricia played in Floodland..?
I have been looking for it on net, but i haven`t found anything about it..

I would be glad, if somebody could help me, thank you.
Hi and Welcome! :D :notworthy:

Woohoo! Another Eastern European on the list! :D :notworthy:

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Steve303 wrote:Why do you want the same one she used anyway?
Get the one Tony James used instead, you'll look much cooler (and the top hat).
Yeah get a Gibson Thunderbird bass! (not sure about the top hat though!)
The Scene won't save you...
James Blast
Banned

I'm sure Patty played a Fender Precision, black with mirror scratch plate in the video, I could be wrong tho?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

When I see her next thursday shall i ask her then?

Best

Matt

www.alllivingfear.co.uk ---->>> Main support to the Damned Torquay Toquay town hall 4-12-03
Mortus
Road Kill

allfear wrote:When I see her next thursday shall i ask her then?
It would be nice. I just want to know, what it is, because then I can check how much I need money to get similar :)
In the light of the fact
Petseri
Overbomber

allfear wrote:When I see her next thursday shall i ask her then?

Best

Matt

www.alllivingfear.co.uk ---->>> Main support to the Damned Torquay Toquay town hall 4-12-03
Definitely. Any new information on her or new quotes from her Sisters' experience is welcome. See if she is familiar with heartland. :wink: Let us know if she takes out a billfold full of baby photos.

Martin
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

if you go to www.officialdamned.com you will see that patricia is not very fond of her time in the sisters
Petseri
Overbomber

allfear wrote:if you go to www.officialdamned.com you will see that patricia is not very fond of her time in the sisters
Hence, I wrote "new quotes." Chances are, she is not up to being chatty about the period, but if something is said, it fits in well at heartland.

Martin
Silver_Owl
The Don

For anyone who can't be bothered to find it;

"Roger McShane - I was curious as to how your work relations were with the ever lovely Andrew Eldritch. Did you ever recieve any type of royalty for working in the Sisters or were you screwed over?
Screwed over. Mr. "I'm not a goth" did the same thing to me as to everyone else. His last words to me were 'You are of no further use to me'. Whatta guy. What the heck: Now here's something I've told very few people till now. Mr. "I'm not a goth" was very jealous of Mr. Vanian. Nothing to do with me at all I must add. He thought our Mr. Vanian had great looks and a wonderful voice. (stating the obvious) He said he had neither and got really upset. I was very sympathetic at the time. I'm not now. As I have not seen him for many years he could pass me in the street and I wouldn't know him. I like that thought."
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

My memory tells me it was a Fender Jazz bass.

But I'll check.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
F*ck*As*Goth
Amphetamine Filth

It is a Fender Jazz bass.... nice but nothing fancy...
James Blast
Banned

I remember her playing a Fender Jazz on The Roxy's mime sesh that was This Corrosion.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
longtrain
Road Kill

Yup, definitely a black jazz. She obviously couldn't have played bass on floodland - have you seen her fingernails?
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Steve303 wrote:For anyone who can't be bothered to find it;

"Roger McShane - I was curious as to how your work relations were with the ever lovely Andrew Eldritch. Did you ever recieve any type of royalty for working in the Sisters or were you screwed over?
Screwed over. Mr. "I'm not a goth" did the same thing to me as to everyone else. His last words to me were 'You are of no further use to me'. Whatta guy. What the heck: Now here's something I've told very few people till now. Mr. "I'm not a goth" was very jealous of Mr. Vanian. Nothing to do with me at all I must add. He thought our Mr. Vanian had great looks and a wonderful voice. (stating the obvious) He said he had neither and got really upset. I was very sympathetic at the time. I'm not now. As I have not seen him for many years he could pass me in the street and I wouldn't know him. I like that thought."
Good to know she's not bitter and twisted then ... :wink:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Well, I've been a Sisters fan more than 10 years and a Heartlander more than a year but I still don't know one thing... I guess it has been told here already, sorry, I'm an idiot... :oops:
So - who's the guy playing guitar in This Corrosion video :?: :?: :?:
do i drive
or am i driven
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

longtrain wrote:Yup, definitely a black jazz. She obviously couldn't have played bass on floodland - have you seen her fingernails?
LOL. They looked great but not much cop for fancy playing Train :)
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Big Si
School Bully

pikkrong wrote:Well, I've been a Sisters fan more than 10 years and a Heartlander more than a year but I still don't know one thing... I guess it has been told here already, sorry, I'm an idiot... :oops:
So - who's the guy playing guitar in This Corrosion video :?: :?: :?:
Thanks Pikkrong! That's gonna bug me for hours now! :roll: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis