Sisters Radio 1

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Apparently, (according to a reliable source), the Sisters version of Comfortably Numb was played today on the Jo Whiley show on R1 - to mixed reviews (surprise)......anyone else able to confirm this?

If it did happen it was either through some good fortune or perhaps something is afoot.... :twisted:
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Just had a search through the Radio 1 site and can't find a playlist for Jo's shows.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
James Blast
Banned

Jo Whiney? can't stand the bint!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Live or Studio? That is the question. The games afoot Watson!!! That no-good Professor Moriarty (was that his name? I can't remember, can someone enlighten me?) would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those damn kids.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dan
Overbomber

Hmm, it'd be interesting whatever version was played.

live version - to my knowledge there's never been a Sisters live track played on the radio, EVER (this doesn't include sessions, i mean live from a gig)

or

studio - F@CKING HELL!
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dan wrote:Hmm, it'd be interesting whatever version was played.

live version - to my knowledge there's never been a Sisters live track played on the radio, EVER (this doesn't include sessions, i mean live from a gig)

or

studio - F@CKING HELL!
sorry to be the bearer of bad tideings but this just didnt happen.
Radio 1 is on all day at work and I certainly didnt hear it, and I've been through the whole site looking just incase i missed it - zip.

In fact the last time the Sisters where on radio 1 was on some bloke called Mark D's show, and Lucretia was played (the record that is)

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Sorry I meant Mike Davies on his show "the lock up" whenever the hell thats on, and Lucretia was played on the 18th of february this year.

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Seeking clarification I've just emailed the lovely Ms Whiley. If she or one of her researchers responds I'll let you know. :von:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Loki

And it's been acknowledged as received ... :von:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

....drum roll........
mh
Above the Chemist

Seems like this may have been the one:

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0300 ... _page.html
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Loki

More anorak research has revealed that all this week she's been running a 'Soundtrack Of Our Lives' series. Record your ten fave tracks on CD, do the artwork, stick it in a jewel case and send it in. She would then on a daily basis pick one at random (yeh, right) and play five tracks. If only we'd known in advance we could have bombarded her with 300 Sisters complilations! :D
Loki

mh wrote:Seems like this may have been the one:

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0300 ... _page.html
Excellent research mh. You could be spot on. :notworthy:
mh
Above the Chemist

They do look like The Village People though.
mh
Above the Chemist

Johnny Boy wrote:More anorak research has revealed that all this week she's been running a 'Soundtrack Of Our Lives' series. Record your ten fave tracks on CD, do the artwork, stick it in a jewel case and send it in. She would then on a daily basis pick one at random (yeh, right) and play five tracks. If only we'd known in advance we could have bombarded her with 300 Sisters complilations! :D
Ooooooh yes, especially if we limited it to the new stuff. Now that would have been so good!!!
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Ah well - seems it was not then....
and thanks for the research carried out - perhaps Ms Whiley can be convinced now that she knows the Sisters exist :twisted:

(note to self - dream on :wink: )
James Blast
Banned

Whiney! she is carp
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I think she's quite nice really. She can't help looking like Zelda from the Terrahawks.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

MrChris wrote:I think she's quite nice really. She can't help looking like Zelda from the Terrahawks.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It was Comfortably Numb, performed by Scissor Sister

they played it today as well..

its s**t as well