Bands You'd Like To See Against The Wall

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Travis, obviously.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I don't know if The Fugees are still going, but I blame them for all the sh*t rap acts around these days. Why they were so popular in the first place is beyond me. Their 'songs' have no conviction, no emotion and no tune. Their lyrics are sh*t (yo, one time etc). Brain dead music.

And The Darkness can f**k off as well. They're just a gimmick band but people think they're brilliant! The same people seem to think I should be impressed when they tell me they can PLAY THEIR INSTRUMENTS. Like wwwooooooowwww!

Chart music has been so dumbed down it's tragic (except for Holly Valance :wink:)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

Simply:

Blur, Oasis, Suede, Top Loader, Pop Idol, Depeche Mode, Erasure, The Darkness, Metallica, Victoria Beckham, Linkin Park, The Nephilim, The m*****n, anyone who ever appeared on TFI Friday(except Faith No More) erm....
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Iron Maiden.... dull as f**k......

oh, and the chameleons... dull as ... (joke!!!!!!!!!), though im still struggling like hell to be keen...

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
James Blast
Banned

Oops! looks like I lit a fuse.....
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

That Fugees rant above got me thinking...didn't Lauren Hill(or whatever the bints name was) make some crass remark along the lines that she'd sooner her children died than have white people buy her records?
James Blast
Banned

Mansun did Wide Open Space on TFI, is that not a cool tune?
~ Peter Steele
Dan
Overbomber

Rappers who feel the need to mention their own name (or group name) in every damn song. Pompous jerks. (The aformentioned Fugees' Wyclef does this a lot.)

(Yes, I know Adrenochrome mentions a certain groups name, but that doesn't count seeing as Von seems to have totally disowned the song for nearly 20 years and refuses even to talk about it.)
Thea
Overbomber

the smiths, muse, evanesecnesnensncenscenscnese, tori amos, UB40 (especially since they have the stranglers supporting on their tour. the world IS unfair!), bowie, cradle of filth, any band that had a t.v. show first (i.e. hear say but not the monkees), mettalica, the cureheads (personal vendetta), radiohead, ManOwar, Avril, the chameleons, eminem, p!nk, graham norton (not a band, but should go anyway), white stripes, the coral, the music, snake river conspiricy, slipknot, meatloaf, def leppard, the plastics (i can't stress this one enough), faith and the muse, sorrow, the cranes, mogwai, danko jones......

that'll do for a start...
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

*around 2,000 third rate 'goff' bands
*afi
*blink 182 and all the other 'punk' bands who completely lack and substance and sing about getting dumped and getting drunk ETC
*The same above with metal- the band 'naked heart's cover of 'confide in me' was anoying to the max. All those kind of new metal bands that have formed have been dull and iritating and ALL SOUND THE SAME
* linkin park- sold out to the max on an terrible sounding band

but then again- thats what the people wanna hear apparently. Im the only person i know who likes the sisters so during todays standards i just dont know....
Dan
Overbomber

ryan_w_0000 wrote:*around 2,000 third rate 'goff' bands
I'll second that. Some of the band names are so awful (trying so very hard to be über goth) that that alone puts me off. And when you hear them, Ohmygod.
ryan

most of em are on the tribute albums :roll: :wink:
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

Searched the web for "Creed sucks". 
Results 1 - 10 of about 4,460. Search took 0.10 seconds.
zigeunerweisen

Anything gangsta/ghetto/poor-old-gang-boy-turned-rich-man-by-force-of- his-rapping-and-now-has-all-the-bitches-he-wants sh*t, everything and anything rap, everything and anything hip hop, ie, will smith, puff daddy, ja rule, eminem, jay z, eazy e, notorious big, az and all the other 3 billion f*cking idiots with abcd's in their names
anything and everything nu metal, ie, linkin park, limp bizkit, godsmack, creedstaind, system of a down, korn, soulfly and the likes,
any goth band like the 69 eyes or him (love metal is simply the stupidest name ever to be coined for a music style), all the cheap, s**t goth bands on cleopatra compilations (and it seems to be 4 million of them),
all brit pop/rock/alternative/indie hip s**t bands like oasis, blur, suede, travis, radiohead, stereophonics, pulp and a 3 hundred million others
u2, jane's addiction, blink 182, sum 41 and any band after 1980 called "punk"
the white stripes, the strokes, interpol, chris cornell, soundgarden, pearl jam, audioslave, rage against the machine, bjork, the chemichal brothers, jamiroquai, morcheeba, almost all trip hop, skunk anansie,
jennifer lopez, britney spears, whitney houston, madonna, avril lavine, christina aguillera, mariah carey, anything with jackson on its name, shakira, spice girls, r kelly d'angelo, celine dion, all saints,
any pretty boy band like ricky martin, backstreet boys, enrique iglesias, nsync, boyzone, robbie williams, kylie minogue, lots of cheap electronic dance music, euro dance stuff like whigfield, aqua, 2 unlimited, s club 7
once great heavy metal bands that turned into s**t, like metallica (maybe this one should be under nu metal these days), any aging rocker that thinks is still great and that not being able to utter a complete sentence is a sign of mystery and brilliance and not what it truly is, idiocy, ie, ozzy orbourne,
most new age dull, boring, elevator music, almost anything that tries to give a new light into an old style by adding electronic beats to it, thinking its crereating a wonderful new thing, like electro jazz or electro tango and failing miserably, following this line of thought, anything with neo or nu as a prefixe to any style, most chillout music
nine inch nails, moby, tricky, almost all "after year 2000" cheap industrial acts
etc., etc., etc.

Basically, almost everything on tv these days

What's left you ask?
A few thousand good, wonderful, great artists
snowey

Iam very surprised that no one has mentioned Barry Manilow......... need i say more.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Throwing muses. violent femmes. both make me grind my teeth. justin timberf***. hip hop. Pop idol etc. Busted. gggrrr
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
ryan

dont get me started on busted!!
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Dan wrote:Rappers who feel the need to mention their own name (or group name) in every damn song. Pompous jerks. (The aformentioned Fugees' Wyclef does this a lot.)

(Yes, I know Adrenochrome mentions a certain groups name, but that doesn't count seeing as Von seems to have totally disowned the song for nearly 20 years and refuses even to talk about it.)
Not keen on the lyrics to Adrenochrome myself.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Thea
Overbomber

more:
coctau twins, dead can dance, kate bush, manic street preachers (post THB), maralyn manson, wet wet wet, vnv nation, new order, the beatles, coldplay and simply red
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

ryan_w_0000 wrote:dont get me started on busted!!
i'm sorry but they infiltrated my mind at teh gym (on mtv) last week and almost ruined those pictures of billy idol cos i got them intertwined, bizarrely. gggrrr
moonchild

zigeunerweisen wrote: nine inch nails
:eek: :eek: :eek:
moonchild

d00mw0lf wrote:more:
dead can dance
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

I forgot all about Metallica, fooking scum...

"Its fine to tape our gigs and albums to circulate them when we are part of a non commercial underground scene..... but when we have made plenty $$$ and are huge we would prefer that you didnt or we will sue your arse, and no, we dont care that you are the hand that fed us when we were nobody"

As a musician who writes and releases his own material (as well as being a Smurph), i dislike them with passion.

And lets not get onto playing gigs for publicity in maximum security prisons. If Hetfields mother was a murder or rape victim of one of the inmates i wonder if he would have been so eager to use such a crass way to hit the headlines.

Scum.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

well said, pads.
Debaser
Overbomber

Hey Paddy....no-one needs to line the Chams up...they've done a very impressive job of killing themselves off ;)

Zig, ziggy, ziggums...so much hate, so much hate......;) You'll be riddled with ulcers and indigestion.

:D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else