Paranoia

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Do any other Heartlanders ever sometimes get the feeling that only they are genuine posters, and that every other user doesn't physically exist?

I mean, every other heartlander could simply be one person (Quiff boy? conducting some sort of cruel social experiment?) or perhaps they are the automated responses of some rogue computer somewhere?

No? just me, then
Gazza for England manager
Thea
Overbomber

there are some people i suspect to be others in disguise... though i know black horizon exists :P
Black Shuck

d00mw0lf wrote:there are some people i suspect to be others in disguise... though i know black horizon exists :P
OK, but how do I know that YOU exist, d00mw0lf?
Thea
Overbomber

i have a LiveJournal - what more do you want?
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

well i'm definitely a figment of your imagination
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
James Blast
Banned

Black Shuck wrote:Do any other Heartlanders ever sometimes get the feeling that only they are genuine posters, and that every other user doesn't physically exist?
Get some better drugs BS, and soon! :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

like alice perhaps?

i thought about installing alice on HL but then SexyGoth came back ;)

:P :innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
pikkrong
Overbomber

I've seen EricSweden, Eva and Christian... but can't see them here anymore :urff:
OK, at least Scardwel is quite often here and I can confirm he really exists :)
Well, sometimes I get some lovely surprise from my post-office but have never seen those mysterious senders. Or only pics. But they can be fabrications. Maybe all those boots are sent by... :von:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

"I don't exist when you don't see me" :von:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Well I certainly hope I do exist as an independent free-thinking entity anyway, but now you've only gone and gotten me worried. I shall be pinching myself - hard - just to make sure.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Black Shuck

markfiend wrote:"I don't exist when you don't see me" :von:
:notworthy:

I've always had my suspicions that 'Snowey' is a robot.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Black Shuck wrote:
markfiend wrote:"I don't exist when you don't see me" :von:
:notworthy:
My friends always used to say I had a :von: quote for every occasion ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Quiff Boy wrote:like alice perhaps?

i thought about installing alice on HL but then SexyGoth came back ;)

:P :innocent:
<cough> yes and can actually read all this now you know :roll:
Only a paand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

dunno what this thread is about, but I just noticed markfiends avatar - truly marvellous, my dear boy.

wheelie
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dave Whelan wrote:dunno what this thread is about, but I just noticed markfiends avatar - truly marvellous, my dear boy.

wheelie
*Takes a bow*
—Bertrand Russell
randdebiel²

Dave Whelan wrote:dunno what this thread is about, but I just noticed markfiends avatar - truly marvellous, my dear boy.

wheelie
I just had the same in that other thread :eek:
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
James Blast
Banned

markfiend, what program(s) did you use to create your all singing, all dancing avatar Photoshop and ImageReady perchance?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Red Sunsets wrote:markfiend, what program(s) did you use to create your all singing, all dancing avatar Photoshop and ImageReady perchance?
Indeed. How did you guess?
—Bertrand Russell
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Black Shuck wrote:Do any other Heartlanders ever sometimes get the feeling that only they are genuine posters, and that every other user doesn't physically exist?

I mean, every other heartlander could simply be one person (Quiff boy? conducting some sort of cruel social experiment?) or perhaps they are the automated responses of some rogue computer somewhere?

No? just me, then
I do find it strange that users appear and then just when the cyber relationship is starting to kick in ... they disappear. Move to American. Decide to concentrate on work. Get a life etc etc. Maybe QB can't juggle more than 300 users names at the same time?

And lo and behold, old user disappears and new user appears. The evolution of Heartland. Boosts the membership tally as least.

Personally I think I do exist. In reality. However I would not expect any response to this post as I've noticed that only the pseudo users respond to each other. Must be some programme running behind the scenes.

And pikkrong exists. Even I can't imagine QB flying all the way to Estonia, purchasing a 'pisipakk' (I just love that word!) and posting Hull Dingwalls '83. :urff:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

No? just me, then
You were correct the first time - we are all figments of your imagination.

Yes, that means it is all your fault. All of it.

Are you sorry?

And I have it on good authority that QB cannot juggle at all.

And Pikkrong must be real. No one could make that up. :wink:
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i can too juggle.

ish.

:urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

markfiend wrote:
Red Sunsets wrote:markfiend, what program(s) did you use to create your all singing, all dancing avatar Photoshop and ImageReady perchance?
Indeed. How did you guess?
Call it MacSense Mark :wink:
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:

And Pikkrong must be real. No one could make that up. :wink:

Rowan Atkinson can :von: