What is the most stupid thing you've ever done?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I'll tell you mine cause I'm pissed!! And it only happened this morning, you'd think after 27 years of life, I'd learn not to be so stupid...........

Well, t'was about 6am this morning, oh actually yest now!! When I decided that I still couldn't sleep and I should log on the puter and abuse some poor innocent soul!!

Being a hippy an all, I thought it wise I light one of those insense cone jobbies, I did that that and then placed it on top of my monitor.....with nothing underneath it........at all.......

When I started smelling burning plastic I thought maybe I should have put a saucer or summit under that...............But the panic really didn't set in until I tryed to pat out the smoldering ash!!!! As soon as I did that, I discovered that It had left a lovely hole at the top of the monitor and was actually still smoking..............took loads of little long stabby things to finally put it out.

It still works though, god knows how

Bet know one could possibly top that!!!!
Only a paand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

@ SG - Please Please Please BUY some "Joss Sticks" with a joss stick stands! - I myself have "come a cropper" with those Cone Jobbies - I ended up having 6 nasty burn holes in a bedroom carpet when the smell got a bit "overpowering" and, pissed as I was I decided to throw the out of the window - without realising - because I was pissed - how bloody hot the bloody things were.

On reflection I feel that ANY form of burning scent type thingy - including Ciggys are too much of a risk - Drunk or not -on that note perhaps I should try to pack in the fags - again !

BTW - What are / were you drinking? - I hope it was a decent bottle of RED!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Bottle??????????? Nearly finished my second, drinking cabernet and going down a bit too well!!!
Only a paand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Sexygoth wrote:Bottle??????????? Nearly finished my second, drinking cabernet and going down a bit too well!!!
@ SG - Take Care for Gawds Sake - and I hope the "Tannins" do not cause one hell of a hangover when you wake in the morning / afternoon!

I ONLY drink "Shiraz" myself :von:
Last edited by Andy TG on 09 Jan 2004, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
This Is M & S S & M
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Sorry to mention or shall we say brag about this, but I never suffer with a hangover.............sorry
Only a paand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Sexygoth wrote:Sorry to mention or shall we say brag about this, but I never suffer with a hangover.............sorry
Must be a age (30+) thing - Only since I turned 30 (being now 33 :eek:) do I suffer from terrible hangovers - then again I do drink much much MORE on a night out then I did when I *cough* Young!

Plus I prefer the stronger, continental lagers nowadays to all the strange "brews" I used to drink.
This Is M & S S & M
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Ah you mean 'wifebeater' tis a fine lager.........trouble is i'm kinda building up a bit of a scary tolerance!!!!
Only a paand.
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

The most stupid thing I ever did was to only get tickets for the first night at Wembley in 1990.

However fate and my then boss were kind and the situation was put right. I even found a tenner in a puddle on the second night. And I have fab memories a of a pub called (would you believe) The Torch.

The second most stupid thing I ever did was to decide to spend the night at Barcelona airport. Never again.

I'm too cautious for rampant stupidity, apart from tattoos, which don't count cos I luv 'em.

M
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If we're onto stupidity surrounding the Sisters, thereby hangs a tale.

I went down to the NEC for the 27/6/92 show without a ticket. My undying gratitude goes to the poor b*stard who gave me his ticket; him and his girlfriend were being thrown off-site for begging to try to raise the money to buy her a ticket from a tout.

Whoever you are, wherever you are, thanks!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

i used to eat cigarettes, 'till i got to be a 20 a day men. Anyway, yeah, eating a whole packet of cigarettes and downing a yard of ale straight after was dim :roll:
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

drinking guiness down in one through a straw was equally as dim :roll:

as was drinking 10 pints in an hour :?

as was drinking a bottle of vodka mixed with gin in one, well as quickly as possible. The hospital thought that was dim :eek:
Goths have feelings too
Thea
Overbomber

i sang NearNeatNeat with the damned.

...and got the words wrong
...and fell off the stage
... and passed my forklift driving test the next day :D
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Nothing quite so Rock 'n' Roll but I was cutting some perspex with a jigsaw once and sawed my work bench in half. DIY is not my strong point. :roll:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
mh
Above the Chemist

DIY is the new Rock 'n' Roll!!!

I reckon right up there with some of my most idiotic feats (leaving aside those involving alcohol and members of the opposite sex) would be taking some people too serioursly - y'know, the type of person who does not deserve to be taken seriously in the first place.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

mh wrote:DIY is the new Rock 'n' Roll!!!
:eek: :D That must make be me groovy! Totally inept but groovy. :wink:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnny Boy wrote:Nothing quite so Rock 'n' Roll but I was cutting some perspex with a jigsaw once and sawed my work bench in half. DIY is not my strong point. :roll:
That is good. DIY story: My dad's first job after leaving school was as an arc-welder. One of his colleagues managed to weld his own steel toe-cap boots to the floor.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote:...idiotic feats (leaving aside those involving alcohol and members of the opposite sex)...
:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
—Bertrand Russell
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:DIY story: My dad's first job after leaving school was as an arc-welder. One of his colleagues managed to weld his own steel toe-cap boots to the floor.
They were arc-welding wearing boots with exposed steel toe-caps in a metal floored area, and he accidentally attached the cable to his boot, knelt and hit the toe-cap with the electrode and kept it there long enough for it to get welded stuck, and repeated the procedure with the other boot?
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Too many to list :roll: :)
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Lending money, I keep doing it!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Ed Rhombus wrote:Lending money, I keep doing it!
can i borrow a fiver?

:innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Left a very nice girl for a psycopath.... i was very young though.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Padstar wrote:Left a very nice girl for a psycopath.... i was very young though.

Paddy.
been there, done that. again, i was very young :roll:

happily, i can say that i've actually done the reverse too!
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

No Mister Quiff, you can't.

I'll tell your case worker
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Andy TG
Overbomber

Johnny Boy wrote:Nothing quite so Rock 'n' Roll but I was cutting some perspex with a jigsaw once and sawed my work bench in half. DIY is not my strong point. :roll:
@ Johnny Boy - I have to ask - were you cutting clear perspex - so you could see what you were doing?

Before a deluge begins there are clear and coloured perspex available to DIYers and other *cough* professionals ;-)
This Is M & S S & M