The Office - Two Golden Globes

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

The BBC Site, most excellent http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andy TG
Overbomber

"Two Golden Globes" - that will be Ricky Gervais "Balls" banging together then! (Can Not Stand The Man!)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

All hail The Fat Bloke From Reading. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Big Si
School Bully

Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

I still dont quite get this.... who voted? because i seriously cant believe that the Americans got this, and nothing to do with being clever, simply that to me the comedy is based very heavily in the realm of British subtleties, disfunction and shortcomings. Is this really a hit in the States ??? when they are making their own version anyway ???

And saw (ironically) "Lost In Translation" last night. Lovely little film, wold recommend it!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
MAtT
Road Kill

Johnny Boy wrote:All hail The Fat Bloke From Reading. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
who? Me?
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

the golden globes are voted for by the hollyowood foreign press association, pads. clearly there's enough brits and/or anglophiles to have swung the vote on this one...

and i agree wholeheartedly about lost in translation. excellent film and an outstanding performance from mr murray.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Karst
Slight Overbomber

The Office is shown on BBC America which has a cult following of approx. 40,000. I believe they are planning a remake with US actors. Found the first episodes mildly amusing but after that the premise was rather repetative.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

MAtT wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:All hail The Fat Bloke From Reading. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
who? Me?
:innocent: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

40 000 seems modest for the states....

And indeed.... repetetive was the thing, stopping at 2 series was the biggest triumph... keeps it a Gem!

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

I've only ever watched it once, and reached for the remote once I realised it was set in Slough - a sh*thole of a town if I've ever seen one. I lived there for 10 years and twice failed my driving test at that bloody roundabout! :?
The Scene won't save you...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Scardwel wrote:that bloody roundabout
I read somewhere that the Soviet Union had a section of their UK invasion plan dedicated solely to "that bloody roundabout" :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell