Need help on young english painter

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hello. Quick question:

is anyone here familiar with a young, english painter named Andrew Gifford, or something like that? I don't remember the name exactly, but from what I do remember he's from Leeds (that's why I thought I'd give it a try on this board), or he works there. He's into landscape paintings and does these brilliant light settings. He did a series from Leeds, Headingly. But also stuff from all over the world, like views from a hotel in Sao Paolo.

I've searched the web but quite likely I've mixed the name up somehow and I can't find anything. Need to get in contact with him sometime in the near future so if this rings a bell, please let me know.
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

http://www.jmlondon.com/pages/biography/15860.html

First Google hit for "Andrew Gifford".
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dammit, I swear I looked! I did!

Anyway, many thanks. I owe you one. Perhaps next time you need some information from the net I can help you how to ...not find it :)
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well, thank you for introducing me to this artist. Many of his paintings have a Turner-ish feel to them that I really appreciate.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost