Hawkwind

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Just found out Hawkwind are actually playing in Aberdeen on April 23.
Not only is it were I live (a change from travelling to the Barrowlands), but the venue is fifteen minutes walk from my home and it's a Friday night.
Having seen the 'Wind since the 25th Anniversary all-nighter at Brixton Academy in '95.
Now that was a good night (followed by the bus journey from hell the next morning).
I see they are playing Glasgow as well.
Anyone else on the forum up for the gigs?
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
James Blast
Banned

Hmmmm, you got me athinkin' there Eru. I have to say I'm a bit of a 'Wind purist who reckons they lost the plot after PXR5, but it might be top nite out.

Keep in touch
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

they're playing here too.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
James Blast
Banned

If it looks anything like this...
I'm there!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Last time I saw em' was rock city about two years ago, and they kicked arse :notworthy:

I'll check out going to see them again as long as those s**t bastards gong aren't supporting ;D
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Andy TG
Overbomber

Woo Hoo! - HarkWind are booked to play the Coal Exchange in Cardiff (Mount Stuart - Cardiff Bay) on Thursday 29th April -

Mrs Goth has a birthday around this time so I am going to treat her to this gig!

Dont forget guys to wear your "Heartland / Forum Thing" T - shirt (if you have one) - I know I will!

BTW does anyone know if they play "sonic attack" live?
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

RobF wrote:Last time I saw em' was rock city about two years ago, and they kicked arse :notworthy:

I'll check out going to see them again as long as those **** bastards gong aren't supporting ;D
@ RobF - I have to disagree! - Gong are great live - perhaps, with luck Daevid Allens other current band - The University Of Errors will be supporting. They are a mad New York "Avant Garde" "Rawk Band" :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
James Blast
Banned

AndyTheGoth wrote:BTW does anyone know if they play "sonic attack" live?
doubt it Andy, but do not panic, do not panic...
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Alwys loved Silver Machine and remember buying Quark Strangeness And Charm for some reason. Might have been the cover art, or did they release a single around this time and appear on Top Of The Pops? That was my main source of inspiration in those days. Can't say I listened to it a lot though. Not really my cup of tea.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I saw them about a year ago. They had Arthur Brown singing for them! He had some very interesting costumes...... :lol:
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

And this one.
Go to sleep now, Francis.